• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I usually have trouble with the inside of my foot/ankle (the part where the foot connects to the ankle), but this time it's nearer the outside. I don't think I broke any tarsal bones, but you never know.

Not my actual foot (size and shape are about right, but my legs are not THAT hairy), but this is about where it hurts. It's either fine or excrutiating-- no in-between.

View attachment 249032
    The usual pain is probably plantar fasciitis, tendinitis.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    For those who are attending the NRA Annual Meeting in Indy, have you found reasonably priced hotel rooms in the area?
    I booked a room as close as I could. Holiday Inn downtown. It's a 1/3 mile. Will cost just a touch over $200 for the night. 1 king bed. That was thru the NRA site. Was more expensive if I went thru hotels website. Indy has 1 of the highest hotel taxes in the country at 17%

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    I booked a room as close as I could. Holiday Inn downtown. It's a 1/3 mile. Will cost just a touch over $200 for the night. 1 king bed. That was thru the NRA site. Was more expensive if I went thru hotels website. Indy has 1 of the highest hotel taxes in the country at 17%
    Thank you for the response. Wow- that's what I was afraid of!

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    For those who are attending the NRA Annual Meeting in Indy, have you found reasonably priced hotel rooms in the area?

I use hotels.com for finding rooms. I just searched and found a number of rooms available under $120 a night.

Sample:

Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd. for 2 nights for $257 including all taxes & fees. That's check in on 14th and out on the 16th.

Edit: I am a member (no charge) and at that location hotels.com had 2 rooms left with a king bed.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I use hotels.com for finding rooms. I just searched and found a number of rooms available under $120 a night.

Sample:

Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd. for 2 nights for $257 including all taxes & fees. That's check in on 14th and out on the 16th.

Edit: I am a member (no charge) and at that location hotels.com had 2 rooms left with a king bed.
    Yeah. Further you go away from convention center the cheaper it is. But that hotel is over 5 miles away so you'll also have to factor in parking for 2 days. That can easily be another $40-100

Edit to add you better reserve parking ahead of time as that goes fast. And if driving a larger suv most indoor parking won't accommodate the size. Height is to low

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I usually have trouble with the inside of my foot/ankle (the part where the foot connects to the ankle), but this time it's nearer the outside. I don't think I broke any tarsal bones, but you never know.

Not my actual foot (size and shape are about right, but my legs are not THAT hairy), but this is about where it hurts. It's either fine or excrutiating-- no in-between.

View attachment 249032

I broke my 5th Metatarsal when I was 18 - running and foot went Sideways - It still hurts now & then

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    you'll also have to factor in parking for 2 days. That can easily be another $40-100

If reserved now I see parking for $57 bucks for the two days.

BTW - I'm not going and if I did I would stay with family that live in the area, just offering options for others.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Something I hate. I lived on the road for three years for work. Now I stay home. I've seen all the airplanes and hotels I ever want to see.
    I'm definitely not a traveler. This will be second hotel stay in 20+ years

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom