• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I've PM'd lonehoosier already that my 2 "extras" can't make it. I will be going still. Is there anyone in Indy that would like to go to the workshop and want to ride together and split gas costs. Late notice I know. I have a Trailblazer that will hold 3 more people.

I live on the SE side of Indy, we could meet somewhere, pick you up, or you could leave a vehicle at the horse farm near Post and Brookville Road

PM sent.
    Id like to go but my work schedule is very unpredictable. I usually find out if I have to work Sat at about 8pm on Friday night. I don't want to take a spot from someone else and than not make it. Can you put me down as an alternate? If that is ok id like to get 2ea 12x24 sheets. If I don't make the workshop I will still buy them and pick them up within a week or so after the workshop.
    I will save a spot for you.

Update OP

I have three spots left. I will be ordering supply's Monday morning.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have a heat gun and ir thermometer. I also have some clamps I can bring if needed. Has anyone tried vacuum forming? A shop vac and a contractor grade garbage bag would work, I think.:dunno:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have a heat gun and ir thermometer. I also have some clamps I can bring if needed. Has anyone tried vacuum forming? A shop vac and a contractor grade garbage bag would work, I think.:dunno:

If you can bring the heat gun that would be great the clamps you can if you want to I think we'll be alright but it never hurts to have more as far as vacuum forming I really don't think that would work out very well because even when you do the book clamped type of press you usually have to heat up the injection port area and the trigger area just to remove the firearm out of the kydex.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I wish I could make that. But some people have to sell guns. Oh and Lone, there were 2 Glock 17's that got bullets stuck in them today. Even Glocks can't handle reloaded Glock brass.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Just put the order in for kydex and supply's. I did the two day shipping so I hope it's in by Thursday. I will be sending PMs to the attendees Friday night. If you have anymore questions please post them here so everyone can see them. They just mite have the same one.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It looks like we are going to have 3 ovens, 3 heat guns and 5 presses so there should be no bottleneck. I have a drill press and a cordless drill set up for drilling the 1/4 holes for the rivets. If some wants to bring another drill with a 1/4 drill bite that would be great.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Got the kydex in today and the order got screwed up :( I ordered 14 full sheets and only got 7. It's way to expensive to over night them. The people that wanted 2 sheets are only going to get one. Sorry I will place another order if you want more.

Last edited:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    You suck Jay!

It happens, but you'd figure if its on them they'd pick up the tab for the overnight shipping.

Oh well there are worse things that could have happened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom