• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We should not raise the age for anything to 21. We should lower everything to 18. Old enough to die for your coiintry then you are old enough to vote for or out of office who put you there. Also old enough to to drink and to buy your own damn gun since they have no problem issuing you one at 17 and 18 and teaching you to kill people.
    Seriously **** these politicians and anyone else who wants to regulate or pass laws to silence others.
    Go live your damn lives and leave everyone else the hell alone.

Agreed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm gonna go order more ammo now since I can see my fellow gun owners are just as much to play a part in starting the confiscation as the left. Don't start **** you aren't willing to finish. I pledged my life to defend the constitution and that oath will never die till I do

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just for the record, my willingness to accept 21 has nothing to do with guns. It has everything to do with personal experience with millenial 18 year olds.

Look people, 18 ain't what it used to be.

I'd even favor changing draft registration to 21 (actually, we should do away with it altogether, but that's probably a different thread) and apply it to men and women.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just for the record, my willingness to accept 21 has nothing to do with guns. It has everything to do with personal experience with millenial 18 year olds.

I'd even favor changing draft registration to 21 (actually, we should do away with it altogether, but that's probably a different thread) and apply it to men and women.

I'm in favor of sending lawyers and congressmen to the front line of combat before they can even take the barr and argue for such dumb **** in court or congress or however the **** you spell it

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm in favor of sending lawyers and congressmen to the front line of combat before they can even take the barr and argue for such dumb **** in court or congress or however the **** you spell it
    Let me guess, some of your best friends are millenials....

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Perhaps not in your family.

Frankly, I have no issue with folks under 18 purchasing firearms if their parents approve. I purchased a number when I was under 18. I don't see where the Second Amendment says ".... as long as you are over 18".

This is matter we simply will not agree upon.... or agree to disagree. :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I believe in mandatory 2 years of military or government service for those who can't qualify for the military. To take effect immediately after graduation from high school.
    You wanna better our society then make them grow the **** up and learn faster by doing some thing productive. Don't coddle them and give them till 21 to figure out that life's a ***** and the big bad world is the Dixie chopper. And when you're an adult no one is there to wipe your ass anymore.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Trump says he just signed a memorandum directing Attorney General to take steps to ban all devices - like bump stocks - that turn legal weapons into machine guns. Expects regulation to be finalized very soon.

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/966053752196227079

Well, he didn't say that exactly. Take the " like bump stocks " out of the sentence. I thought there was already a ban on devices that turn weapons into machine guns. :): In the announcement he said after the Vegas killings he told Sessions to see if bump stocks were illegal under current law. Nope, they are not. Looks like another hoodwink to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/donald-trump-bump-stocks/index.html

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Perhaps not in your family.

Frankly, I have no issue with folks under 18 purchasing firearms if their parents approve. I purchased a number when I was under 18. I don't see where the Second Amendment says ".... as long as you are over 18".

This is matter we simply will not agree upon.... or agree to disagree. :)

First, "with parents permission" is the same as 21. ;) The parents can buy and gift. That isn't a straw man purchase.

Second, the millenials with my DNA are high achieving. Would I be ok with them buying a gun (even a handgun)? Sure.

But that's a bad way to make policy. At a policy level, I think 18 has been too young for some decisions for a long time. Certain brain development studies tend to confirm that, too.

I believe in mandatory 2 years of military or government service for those who can't qualify for the military. To take effect immediately after graduation from high school.
    You wanna better our society then make them grow the **** up and learn faster by doing some thing productive. Don't coddle them and give them till 21 to figure out that life's a ***** and the big bad world is the Dixie chopper. And when you're an adult no one is there to wipe your ass anymore.

At the risk of earning TT points, I have long felt like a mandatory service period (similar to the Israeli model) would be fantastic. I'm not sure how you accomplish it in a constitutional way (the 14A shudders at the thought of forcing people to do stuff).

The issue is that we DON'T live in that world. We live in a world where most of them do not have to make adult decisions until after they are 18.

As a fellow GenXer, I think we were the last ones who really were, on a large scale.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, he didn't say that exactly. Take the " like bump stocks " out of the sentence. I thought there was already a ban on devices that turn weapons into machine guns. :): In the announcement he said after the Vegas killings he told Sessions to see if bump stocks were illegal under current law. Nope, they are not. Looks like another hoodwink to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/donald-trump-bump-stocks/index.html

Good. Just like the binary triggers. I'm not surrendering anything are any of you? Didn't think so

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My grandson-in-law just signed up. They promised him a trophy. :)

Actually, they promised him a slot in the Army Elite Athlete program. Kid is a world-class rugby player.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, and for the record, I've been consistent in saying that, while I don't care about bump-stocks, we shouldn't give in on that point, either.

Top Bottom