• ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    They are still beating this dead horse?:ugh:

The wheels of government almost always turn slowly, but they have the momentum of a large oil tanker at sea, requiring miles of ocean to turn or stop them. I'm not surprised at all. It was inevitable.

John

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Double you tee eff.

That's got to be fake news.

I heard Trump is dedicated to the 2A.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm kinda ok with changing the age for all rifles (for purchase) to 21. Not just MSRs.

But for me that is more about having a consistent policy across several issues rather than something specific to guns.

For instance, raising the voting age to 21 makes more and more sense to me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm kinda ok with changing the age for all rifles (for purchase) to 21. Not just MSRs.

But for me that is more about having a consistent policy across several issues rather than something specific to guns.

Except it hurts the effort to keep AR-style rifles in the same category as every other similar hunting rifle.

Now AR-style rifles are likely to get their own special class, probably with a cute name like "assault weapons".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

21 should be the mark.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Except it hurts the effort to keep AR-style rifles in the same category as every other similar hunting rifle.

Now AR-style rifles are likely to get their own special class, probably with a cute name like "assault weapons".

I'm kinda ok with that conversation. One of my go-to themes is that there's no way to mechanically define an "assault weapon" (or even a "modern sporting rifle") in a way that doesn't already exist. That is, the NFA definitions are about as far as you can go.

The old AWB was a mudfest definitionally.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Trump and probably the GOP are working the calculus that most of the 2A world won't care about bump stocks and age limits and then can answer the charge that they did "do something". And they're probably right.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump and probably the GOP are working the calculus that most of the 2A world won't care about bump stocks and age limits and then can answer the charge that they did "do something". And they're probably right.

In defense of the legislators (some of whom I know), once the NRA was on board, that was all the cover they needed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We should not raise the age for anything to 21. We should lower everything to 18. Old enough to die for your coiintry then you are old enough to vote for or out of office who put you there. Also old enough to to drink and to buy your own damn gun since they have no problem issuing you one at 17 and 18 and teaching you to kill people.
    Seriously **** these politicians and anyone else who wants to regulate or pass laws to silence others.
    Go live your damn lives and leave everyone else the hell alone.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We should not raise the age for anything to 21. We should lower everything to 18. Old enough to die for your coiintry then you are old enough to vote for or out of office who put you there. Also old enough to to drink and to buy your own damn gun since they have no problem issuing you one at 17 and 18 and teaching you to kill people.

Exactly.

It's amazing how easily folks are willing to cede ground.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Exactly.

It's amazing how easily folks are willing to cede ground.

Even in our own ****ing community. It sickens me.

People will sit there and agree and say passing more gun laws isn't the answer to reduce shootings which I 100% agree, and then in the next breath they wanna pass laws raising the age limit to keep other Americans from buying guns. Hypocrite much?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In defense of the legislators (some of whom I know), once the NRA was on board, that was all the cover they needed.

They're the ones that will likely keep the A+ rated legislators' ratings that did the switch-a-roo in HB1424 this year...so yeah, sure. No price will need be paid.

Top Bottom