• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    RangeCool: OK.

Practical field use in a defensive encounter? Not so much.

He's gonna git plugged on the reload before he gets his stick reset.

But a guy on the 32nd floor can rain terror on the people below with it. What are they gonna do about that? Ban sticks?

People don't really care about bump stocks. The majority of people are stuck on the notion the guy used full-auto rifles and don't even know what a bump stick is or what it does. They want to see the authorities go into every home and remove guns. They want to see bulldozers crush firearms. They want to see it become illegal to own, possess, purchase, or sell a firearm. Any "agreement" is a means to an end and unless that end comes to fruition, they will not be satisfied.

The sale of firearms is the lowest it has been in years. An AR that cost $1,200 in October 2016 can now be purchased for $499 with a $50 rebate. Shelves are stocked and they still aren't moving! There will be a lot of tears and yelling for a few more weeks and something will be mentioned about "discussions about restrictions" by some committee and some will buy up everything on the shelves, while prices rise. We have gone through this about four times over the last 8-10 years. The democrats and republicans will be provided more money by their supporters to fight the opposing side and the NRA will be calling us to get money to fight the "gun grabbers."

What happened in Las Vegas was tragic and I feel for the families, but that's as far as I will go. I'm not afraid of bans and I'm not giving anyone money to fight for me, when they all are in cahoots. If you give a politician enough money, most have demonstrated they will vote against the wishes of their constituents. Let's see what happens this time.

About what I see people caring about around me. The ones who aren't anti-gun zealots, they just want to know what's the truth. They're starting not to trust what they hear on CNN because they're seeing inconsistencies. I'm actually encouraged how the people I've interacted have reacted to this. But I'd bet it's a different story in regions where anti-gun zealotry is much more prevalent.

The bump stock didn't damage the 2nd, the evil person pulling the trigger did. This sounds just like people who blame the guns.
    This is the message that needs to be countering the media coverage of the issue. The blame is solely on the perpetrator.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I haven't seen this posted. It gives a few more details about what happened, and as for opinions on the political aspect, it's my opinion exactly.

[video=youtube_share;Oi-Eiqd_G0Q]http://youtu.be/Oi-Eiqd_G0Q[/video]

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    When's the last time the media/left/whatever blamed a person for his/her action?? It is always the fault of someTHING. Like my wife said, the first law they should pass is to make murder illegal....

When that dude shot that lion in Africa that everyone loved? Damn sure wasn’t the gun’s fault then, was it?

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    "Regardless of where one stands, this is an intellectually dishonest argument. "I think we are all clear as to why FA firearms are in a "special" category.". If something is crafted as a workaround to produce results similar to an item in a "special" category, then realistically, to the layman, there is little to no difference."

Yes, because Uncle Sugar told us that they were too dangerous for us to own.
    Just like the National Firearms Act of 1934 was originally going to categorize pistols and revolvers in the same group as machine guns.
    And we all know that a 17" barrel shotgun, or a 15" barrel rifle is MUCH more dangerous than their 20" barrel counter parts.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Regardless of where one stands, this is an intellectually dishonest argument. I think we are all clear as to why FA firearms are in a "special" category. If something is crafted as a workaround to produce results similar to an item in a "special" category, then realistically, to the layman, there is little to no difference.

Then why did the ATF not see it as a workaround? It’s not an intellectually dishonest argument if to get it there you have to include how laymen see it. Yes. They see it that way. And the “laymen” I’ve talked to don’t seem to care about banning bump fire stocks after I explained what they are, how they work, why people use them.

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    If you support a ban on bumpfire stocks than you have no sound reason to defend owning a semi auto that can be bump fired with a finger and your belt loop.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Get it while you can. Bumpfire stock in the classifieds. $350 ;)

Tons of them on Armslist anywhere from $350 to $1400. Personally I've offered everyone of them $50 just to **** them off. Told them id take em off their hands so if they get banned, im saving them from becoming a felon. Got a pretty wide array of responses that I can't post here. Lol

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Really doubt that they get banned. At most, they might get regulated. Existing stocks would more likely be grandfathered with an amnesty period. Just my opinion, of course.
    Heck, when they banned the private sale of machine guns they just put an amnesty period in place.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tons of them on Armslist anywhere from $350 to $1400. Personally I've offered everyone of them $50 just to **** them off. Told them id take em off their hands so if they get banned, im saving them from becoming a felon. Got a pretty wide array of responses that I can't post here. Lol
    :yesway:
    LOL. Were any of the responses “FU”?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Using common sense, I don't care what the ATF thinks. A toy was made to simulate full-auto fire. That's just a fact.

Be honest with yourself... you know what the stock is used for. You know people use it, even if just for fun, because they don't have the opportunity to buy and fire a real full-auto gun.

But they should. I guess you’re OK with heavy regulation of fully automatic weapons. I am not.

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    Everyone who supports outlawing bumpfiring must concede that semi autos should be banned too because the ESP act same rate of fire can be achieved without a bumpfiring stock as with one.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Everyone who supports outlawing bumpfiring must concede that semi autos should be banned too because the ESP act same rate of fire can be achieved without a bumpfiring stock as with one.
    Not necessarily. Arms are protected by the second amendment. One could argue that a replacement stock is not Arms.

this should not be construed as being for banning the stocks...

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    Not necessarily. Arms are protected by the second amendment. One could argue that a replacement stock is not Arms.

this should not be construed as being for banning the stocks...

i agree with you. But what happens when they outlaw bump stocks and then realize you can bumpfire an AK/AR/10/22 without a bump stock? Will that be a new semi-auto loophole that the left will lump into the 'gun show loophole' bs that they spew when talking about firearms? Let's remove that argument by fighting any further restrictions on arms.

ETA: if we concede that a high rate of fire is bad and should be regulated where will that end? Are all aftermarket triggers bump fire triggers?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Please explain to me why your high rate of fire from your belt loop is going to be the most effective strategy to defend your property or assault an objective? I'd really like to hear from Billy Big Nuts on this one.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Please explain to me why your high rate of fire from your belt loop is going to be the most effective strategy to defend your property or assault an objective? I'd really like to hear from Billy Big Nuts on this one.
    Why does it matter if you think they have any practical use?

Top Bottom