• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    No. As you can guess, you can be around guns all your life and unless you're doing a specific configuration, it isn't always easy to know what is legal or not.
    And that is a perfect example why we should take the time to educate non gun owners.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Yes, you can.

I bet with a little practice or addition to the foregrip, you could even be "accurate enough" to get the job done.

[video=youtube;VB1QlHtOWCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB1QlHtOWCQ[/video]

Looks like your vid was taken down, but I guarrntee your poor excuse for tequnique won't give you half the accuracy of a bump stock. It's pretty appalling, all the excuses being made for an aftermarket part invented recently to circumvent the NFA.

If you think someone could replicate the damage this guy did with finger tricks then :):

We all know the stock was intended to replicate full auto. Stop pretending.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Looks like your vid was taken down, but I guarrntee your poor excuse for tequnique won't give you half the accuracy of a bump stock. It's pretty appalling, all the excuses being made for an aftermarket part invented recently to circumvent the NFA.

If you think someone could replicate the damage this guy did with finger tricks then :):

Whats your stance on 80% receivers? We all know they were made to circumvent ANY .gov interference?

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013

I don't see anyone arguing the fact that a bump stock was designed to simulate the rate of fire of a full auto.
    The key points being, they do it legally and they just simulate it. It is not full auto, by the definition of the law, as ruled (multiple times) by the BATF.
    No different than an AR15 being a simulation of an M16.
    Neither the AR15, nor the bump stock is an NFA item.

So you are saying the government should make a law that says a person can only fire a semi auto rifle or pistol at a limited number of rounds per minute?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't see anyone arguing the fact that a bump stock was designed to simulate the rate of fire of a full auto.
    The key points being, they do it legally and they just simulate it.
    It is not full auto, by the definition of the law, as ruled (multiple times) by the BATF.
    No different than an AR15 being a simulation of an M16.
    Neither the AR15, nor the bump stock is an NFA item.

So you are saying the government should make a law that says a person can only fire a semi auto rifle or pistol at a limited number of rounds per minute?

Regardless of where one stands, this is an intellectually dishonest argument. I think we are all clear as to why FA firearms are in a "special" category. If something is crafted as a workaround to produce results similar to an item in a "special" category, then realistically, to the layman, there is little to no difference.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Regardless of where one stands, this is an intellectually dishonest argument. I think we are all clear as to why FA firearms are in a "special" category. If something is crafted as a workaround to produce results similar to an item in a "special" category, then realistically, to the layman, there is little to no difference.
    Explain how wallets, and shoe laces became "special category" firearms? As well as briefcases, ink pens, palm pistols, etc.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    And the regulatory agency that oversees those "special category" firearms has repeatedly said OK?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Bump fire is the new evil destructive device for the Second Amendment opponents.

What it does or how is can be simulated is not what they care about or what the new law will state.

ATF has no relation to public outcry that will change the law.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

People don't really care about bump stocks. The majority of people are stuck on the notion the guy used full-auto rifles and don't even know what a bump stick is or what it does. They want to see the authorities go into every home and remove guns. They want to see bulldozers crush firearms. They want to see it become illegal to own, possess, purchase, or sell a firearm. Any "agreement" is a means to an end and unless that end comes to fruition, they will not be satisfied.

The sale of firearms is the lowest it has been in years. An AR that cost $1,200 in October 2016 can now be purchased for $499 with a $50 rebate. Shelves are stocked and they still aren't moving! There will be a lot of tears and yelling for a few more weeks and something will be mentioned about "discussions about restrictions" by some committee and some will buy up everything on the shelves, while prices rise. We have gone through this about four times over the last 8-10 years. The democrats and republicans will be provided more money by their supporters to fight the opposing side and the NRA will be calling us to get money to fight the "gun grabbers."

What happened in Las Vegas was tragic and I feel for the families, but that's as far as I will go. I'm not afraid of bans and I'm not giving anyone money to fight for me, when they all are in cahoots. If you give a politician enough money, most have demonstrated they will vote against the wishes of their constituents. Let's see what happens this time.

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie

The bump stock didn't damage the 2nd, the evil person pulling the trigger did. This sounds just like people who blame the guns.

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo

I would agree with this! I own both a FA and a bump stock and even though there is a huge difference between 1200 rounds per minute and 600-700 rounds per minute most of my non-shooting friends don't know the difference. My guess is bump stocks will soon be classified as an AOW NFA device and have to be registered with the ATF. That being said, Paddock was a multi-millionaire with no criminal background, he could have legally purchased and legally owned as many machine guns as he wanted. So even without the bumpstock he could have still legally committed this crime.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The anti gun people do not blame people they blame objects bump stocks,magazines,optics.
    Does anyone here think that the anti 2AD crowd looks at things like we do?
    They do it in a light we can't understand.

Yes the anger is not toward the shooter but the objects. It worked you will see legislation in a very short period of time with the NRA support.

Top Bottom