• ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    FYI - Bills Introduced Into House and Senate

Text for these bills hasn't been uploaded yet on any of these and won't be until later today or perhaps on Monday. Only information is title, co-sponsors and what committees they've been referred to.

Link to Senator Feinstein's Senate Bill, S.1916, 115th Congress (they're numbered for each Congress):
    S.1916 - A bill to prohibit the possession or transfer of certain firearm accessories, and for other purposes.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1916

This identically titled bill was introduced in the House by Rhode Island Congressman David Cicilline:
    H.R.3947 - To prohibit the possession or transfer of certain firearm accessories, and for other purposes.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3947

Two other bills were introduced into the House by New York Congress[STRIKE]woman[/STRIKE][don't know what gender to use to avoid jail] Nydia Velazquez related to firearms that bear watching . . .
    H.R.3986 - To provide for the establishment of a national standard for incorporating a passive identification ability into all firearms sold in the United States.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3986
    H.R.3987 - To reduce gun violence, fund gun violence research and victim assistance, and enhance the tracking of lost and stolen firearms, and for other purposes.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3987

I will be posting a link to this in the 2A portion of the forum.

John

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Bumpfire stock, or bumpfire stick?

[video=youtube;QkWuYr0cD4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkWuYr0cD4M[/video]
    Neither one. If you look closely the stock never touches the shoulder. He is pushing the stock up against his cheek also his hand is not around the pistol grip. This is why I keep saying and others that you cannot ban a technique.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Do you need a pistol bayonet? I think that is stooped/

Field expedient . . .

36379733834_e727b4e2df_b.jpg

John

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    RangeCool: OK.

Practical field use in a defensive encounter? Not so much.

He's gonna git plugged on the reload before he gets his stick reset.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    RangeCool: OK.

Practical field use in a defensive encounter? Not so much.

He's gonna git plugged on the reload before he gets his stick reset.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Neither one. If you look closely the stock never touches the shoulder. He is pushing the stock up against his cheek also his hand is not around the pistol grip. This is why I keep saying and others that you cannot ban a technique.

I hope Congress doesn't ban dowel rods too. I'll never be able to fix anything around our house.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Also so here's one with an (edit) AR "OAL"

[video=youtube_share;M5gARxQmJyU]http://youtu.be/M5gARxQmJyU[/video]

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Foregrip on a pistol. Sure hope he's got a stamp for that.

ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I think BumpFire stocks just earned their stripes. Worthless? Looks they served a purpose and succeeded. Sad that ONE nut job Can screw things up for so many law abiding citizens.

Totally agree.

I have a bump fire and was looking to get a slide fire system for a ruger 10/22. Should have pulled the trigger as soon as I heard that the idiot used a bump fire. Figured everyone would want one.

I have no problem treating them like a silencer or a SBR. I just don't want to have to pay $200 for the stamp for something that I already have. I am surprised that Obama didn't get it listed as a NFA item like the attachment that turns an oil filter into a silencer

There is a technique to using them. You can't just squeeze the trigger and it goes full auto. You have to squeeze slightly while having the stock against your shoulder. Pretty easy to learn. Took me one 30rd clip to figure it out. Also is easy to control with a handle attached to the front hand guard.

Top Bottom