• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have a reproduction Winchester 1895 in .405 Winchester that due to aging eyes and hard to come by ammo has been relegated to novelty status. Then on the other end of the spectrum, there's the Savage 340 in .25-20. I've been tempted to sell it a few times but then I shoot it and can't stop grinning for hours. There's just something fun about shooting steel with a rifle that has a report that is quieter than a .22 mag but smacks the steel with far more authority.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Do you have Kelly's "Magic Morphin' Powers" to merge them? :): I think I do remember seeing that there were two when I first saw it too. This one didn't have any replies in it at the time.
    OP created two identically named threads in different sections. One in handguns and one in long guns. But he didnt differentiate and folks were cross posting long guns in the handguns and VV.

@jmil in the future, if you would like to run separate threads, please be more specific in the titles. "Novelty long guns, what ya got?" Most folks dont notice what section the thread is in, just the title. No harm done. Just for future reference to all.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OP created two in different threads. One in handguns and one in long guns. But he didnt differentiate and folks were cross posting long guns in the handguns and VV.

@jmil in the future, if you would like to run separate threads, please be more specific in the titles. "Novelty long guns, what ya got?" Most folks dont notice what section the thread is in, just the title. No harm done. Just for future reference to all.
    Oh man, keeping that stuff straight is certainly reason enough to have the Mod Room equipment that you do!

1724973064395.png

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have my grandpa's pistol he kept in his desk drawer at Moon Welding. It's a S&W from 1892 that is a top break that uses the rear sight as a lever and a 'barleycorn' front sight. It is chambered in 38 S&W smokeless powder. I also have that same desk and last box of ammo he bought before he passed in 1963 out on our ranch in Buckeye, Arizona. I wanted the gun he kept out there but his second wife sold it decades ago. She also sold my dad's guns after he died in the Nam in 1972.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh man, keeping that stuff straight is certainly reason enough to have the Mod Room equipment that you do!

View attachment 376711
    Wait, who leaked the pics of our smaller backup ops center? That is supposed to be top secret! Did @mom45 get drunk playing pool again and show somebody? :lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have my grandpa's pistol he kept in his desk drawer at Moon Welding. It's a S&W from 1892 that is a top break that uses the rear sight as a lever and a 'barleycorn' front sight. It is chambered in 38 S&W smokeless powder. I also have that same desk and last box of ammo he bought before he passed in 1963 out on our ranch in Buckeye, Arizona. I wanted the gun he kept out there but his second wife sold it decades ago. She also sold my dad's guns after he died in the Nam in 1972.
    I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I started to "like" your post, and then I thought, "Well, the last part just makes me sad." I do think that's cool about your grandpa's pistol and desk though. :thumbsup:

Herstal

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I had a SPAS-12, total meme gun but the only picture I can find of it is a blurry "family photo" and a video of my buddy running it. Anyway, all metal stock and needing to run somewhat hot loads for it to cycle cleanly meant it kicked like a mule. Also it's comically large. I sold it with the rest of my 12ga before a move many years ago, but I kinda wish I'd kept it just for the sheer novelty.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Unfired with all the original box, wrap and paper.;)

View attachment 376707
    My goodness, that box alone doubles the value........

The closest I have to a novelty gun is a Sears semi auto 20g shotgun, only holds 2 shells in the tube….

Attachments

• IMG_5018.jpeg
      IMG_5018.jpeg
      340 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_5017.jpeg
      IMG_5017.jpeg
      403.5 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_5016.jpeg
      IMG_5016.jpeg
      450.2 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_5012.jpeg
      IMG_5012.jpeg