Fed. Makes full Half Point int. rate reduction.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just shows that the Fed is just as corrupt as every other government agency.
    Ummm, the Federal Reserve is not in any way shape or form a govt. agency. Corrupt? Undoubtedly. It is privately owned and has no reserves.

Edit: Never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the box, but I do know this rate cut has PO’d DJT. Can’t even imagine what he’s gonna think when they drop another half point in Dec. as they are predicting. A full point drop is the benchmark that causes mortgage refinancing.

Right now I care about more money in my pocket, after 4 years of the BS I’ve/We’ve been through I don’t see how that can be considered a bad thing. JMO of course.

Last edited:

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Ummm, the Federal Reserve is not in any way shape or form a govt. agency. Corrupt? Undoubtedly. It is privately owned and has no reserves.

Edit: Never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the box, but I do know this rate cut has PO’d DJT. Can’t even imagine what he’s gonna think when they drop another half point in Dec. as they are predicting. A full point drop is the benchmark that causes mortgage refinancing.

Right now I care about more money in my pocket, after 4 years of the BS I’ve/We’ve been through I don’t see how that can be considered a bad thing. JMO of course.
    "Privately owned?" I don't know of any other privately owned firms that can create money out of thin air. :dunno:

The bottom line is that the Fed is responding to pressure from the WH to try to keep the cork in the bottle until after the election.

If Trump is able to take back the WH, the economic data is going to suddenly go South. Not that anything will have changed, but there will no longer be a reason to fudge the numbers to make the economy look better than it is. In fact, they will probably begin manipulating the numbers to make the economy look *worse* than it is.

If Harris "wins" the WH, we will start hearing that unemployment has dropped from 4% to 6%; inflation has decreased from 2.5% to 5%; gas prices have dropped from $4 a gallon to $7; and the chocolate ration has been increased from 5 grams to 3 grams per week. :pimp:

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    If Trump is able to take back the WH, the economic data is going to suddenly go South. Not that anything will have changed, but there will no longer be a reason to fudge the numbers to make the economy look better than it is. In fact, they will probably begin manipulating the numbers to make the economy look *worse* than it is.
    I think you are on to something there.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    "Privately owned?" I don't know of any other privately owned firms that can create money out of thin air. :dunno:

The bottom line is that the Fed is responding to pressure from the WH to try to keep the cork in the bottle until after the election.

If Harris "wins" the WH, we will start hearing that unemployment has dropped from 4% to 6%; inflation has decreased from 2.5% to 5%; gas prices have dropped from $4 a gallon to $7; and the chocolate ration has been increased from 5 grams to 3 grams per week. :pimp:
    You know that 5 out of every 4 adults have problems with fractions, right?

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

So are you saying the Fed. is not privately owned? That is the statement you made and I quoted. One sentence statement. My only point.

Didn’t say squat about the rest of that stuff.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I saw an interview with the The Federal Economist that charted the double digit inflation under jimmy carter Analyzed the inflation under biden. He used all the old metrics and found the inflation under biden is actually far higher than under Carter. If you keep changing the measuring stick, you can report any number you like.

I have my utility bills, my insurance bills, my property tax bills, my grocery bills, and fuel bills. I guarantee the Biden inflation rates have been solidly in the double and mid double digits almost since he was sworn in. I don't need a multi million dollar staff of lying Democrat supporting bureaucrats to prove that.
    Yeah, the cooking of the official stats has been pretty extensively documented by ZH and others, and frankly was talked about well before Trump, too. The CPI basket of goods has been overtly fraudulent for a while. No duh inflation is low when you exclude everything that inflates.

Likewise BLS jobs numbers. The official unemployment number has been criticized for ages for not counting labor force participation, and the "adjustment" practices are so completely out of control that millions of jobs get "revised" away after the fact.

There is no money in being a government organization that produces statistics showing the leaders do a bad job.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Right now I care about more money in my pocket, after 4 years of the BS I’ve/We’ve been through I don’t see how that can be considered a bad thing. JMO of course
    I want more money in my pocket too. But cutting rates this soon will not do that. In fact, it'll have the reverse effect. You're gonna have less money in your pocket. There's still too much money floating around keeping demand up for things. Yes, it has slowed for sure and it shows as a lot of layoffs and furloughs are happening. But cutting rates now will cause a quick upward pressure on demand for products and cause prices to elevate, thus making people more broke

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Fed was the biggest mistake of 1913.

Woodrow Wilson, who signed the private centralized system it into law with a lot of pressure from Congress had regrets almost immediately. He saw how many powerful people lied to convince him it was the only way.

Maybe it is the lesser of two evils, can you imagine Congress handling banking for the whole country? They don't even know what a budget means.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    So are you saying the Fed. is not privately owned? That is the statement you made and I quoted. One sentence statement. My only point.

Didn’t say squat about the rest of that stuff.
    OK. Who owns it? Can they sell it? What is its market value?

Next question, who gave them the authority to create money?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The (quasi).gov shouldn't be deciding winners and losers. A magical agency that doesn't report to the public, without boundaries, is bad even when 'their' decision is agreeable with my politics and finances. An agency, unelected, unaccountable, that can directly affects one's mortgage payment.... how can that be agreeable? This isn't to help a particular candidate. This is to stop warlord-level fights for $15 loafs of bread. Prices aren't inflated. They're insane. Buckle up.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    OK, it’s a federal agency. You’re right, I’m wrong. You win.

How’s that, feel better?

Argue away. :wavey:
    I never said it was a Federal agency. Can you name any other entity that has the powers of the Fed without being a defacto Federal entity? :rolleyes:

Bottom line is that the Fed is NOT autonomous and is more concerned with pursuing a political agenda than the economic well being of the country.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    All the answers you desire and more are found on post #28, your welcome
    Actually, the questions were largely rhetorical.

I actually believe that a central bank is important to having a stable economy, but a central bank that places politics above the economy is of dubious use. The Fed has become politically corrupt.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Just a point to give perspective.

Reducing a $200,000 mortgage from 6.7% to 6.2 % changes the base 30 year mortgage from about $1310 down to $1224 before any tax or insurance escrow.

The cost of a refi would not break even for a long time. A person should probably wait until after January.

Not exactly enough to get a 27 year old college drop out to move from grandma's basement. The news is reporting it like free ice cream for everybody. The last round of property tax increases ate up about 1/2 of that already.

Top Bottom