Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Quiet in here today.

How ya feeling Snap? Hopefully better.

Remus has Indiana sweet corn in. Looks good. Georgia corn was good this year but smaller ears. Hopefully the Indiana corn is as good or better.

Still miss Jansens for Ed Burkes Indiana sweet corn

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Quiet in here today.

How ya feeling Snap? Hopefully better.

Remus has Indiana sweet corn in. Looks good. Georgia corn was good this year but smaller ears. Hopefully the Indiana corn is as good or better.

Miserable, but thanks. Worse than yesterday. It will just take time.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Curious about something. I know that some of the folks on this thread have been somewhat vocal about the IDNR's restrictions on carrying handguns on the IDNR shooting ranges. Has there been any discussion about whether the "Preemption Law" might be applied to this DNR rule? I know there are exceptions to the Preemption Rule but not sure whether either the rule or the exceptions would apply to the IDNR rule on carrying handguns.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Curious about something. I know that some of the folks on this thread have been somewhat vocal about the IDNR's restrictions on carrying handguns on the IDNR shooting ranges. Has there been any discussion about whether the "Preemption Law" might be applied to this DNR rule? I know there are exceptions to the Preemption Rule but not sure whether either the rule or the exceptions would apply to the IDNR rule on carrying handguns.

The preemption applies to subdivisions of the State.
    DNR is not a subdivision.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As act said it does not apply to state agencies. It should, but they get around it by making IAC Indiana Administrative Code.

Write your congressman and senator.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    As act said it does not apply to state agencies. It should, but they get around it by making IAC Indiana Administrative Code.

Write your congressman and senator.
    1. That's not quite what ACT said.
    2. I think the question is whether or not it can be applied to State agencies.
    3. As its a matter of State law, writing your Congresscritter would be even more ineffective on this than on Federal matters.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Since my copy/paste is giving me trouble, maybe someone can copy/past for me.

preemption
    IC 35-47-11.1-2

And political subdivision defined in
    IC 3-5-2-38

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland

The farmer west of St. Mary's hospital would have a stand that always had the best sweet corn. I have not been that way in quite some time and don't know if they are still there or if it's a subdivision by now.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    The farmer west of St. Mary's hospital would have a stand that always had the best sweet corn. I have not been that way in quite some time and don't know if they are still there or if it's a subdivision by now.

If you're talking about on 61st by the 3 way stop that is Johnsons (Think strawberries) product sold there. They own that property.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    1. That's not quite what ACT said.
    2. I think the question is whether or not it can be applied to State agencies.
    3. As its a matter of State law, writing your Congresscritter would be even more ineffective on this than on Federal matters.
    You do realize that we have a State legislature composed of senators and congressmen?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It has been forever since jedi has been the to dnr range and even longer since looking at their rules.

Their rules are here and it looks like food is also no longer allowed unless it's in thr parking lot. :(

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It has been forever since jedi has been the to dnr range and even longer since looking at their rules.

Their rules are here and it looks like food is also no longer allowed unless it's in thr parking lot. :(

We cooked last year at a couple meet n shoots, and just keep it concealed.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Since my copy/paste is giving me trouble, maybe someone can copy/past for me.

preemption
    IC 35-47-11.1-2

And political subdivision defined in
    IC 3-5-2-38
    Key is they are "local"

Universal Citation: IN Code § 35-47-11.1-2 (2017)
    IC 35-47-11.1-2 Political subdivision regulation of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories prohibited
    Sec. 2. Except as provided in section 4 of this chapter, a political subdivision may not regulate:
    (1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories;
    (2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and
    (3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories.

Universal Citation: IN Code § 3-5-2-38 (2022)
    Sec. 38. "Political subdivision" means a county, city, town, township, school corporation, public library, local housing authority, fire protection district, public transportation corporation, local building authority, local hospital authority or corporation, local airport authority, special service district, special taxing district, or other type of local governmental corporate entity.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Just read a story about micro aggression in the workplace. My how times have changed. When I was an apprentice way
    back when it was not uncommon to hear "you G***amn m*****f***ing apprentices don't know :poop:, Give us someone who
    knows what the F*** they are doing". In front of the boss too. SOP in those days. If your little feelings got hurt they either
    made sure you didn't make it through the apprenticeship or you got out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom