Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This doesn't work?

I can still get the announcements that there has been motion detected, but I can no longer view the cameras through the Alexa device

Edited to add. Holy hell. They must have put it back. I just tried to view the cameras on Alexa and it worked. Maybe I wasn't the only one who complained. I've got pages and pages of chats where I talked to different customer service people last year.. When I asked to see the front door or garage or deck, Alexa used to say "I'm sorry, but this feature is no longer supported." Now it works. Glad you gave me that link, Marvin.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I spoke too soon. I can view the live feed but still cannot view clips of what tripped the camera. "Blink does not support this feature yet." says Alexa. Well, it used to, dammit.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I'm not a gambler and never been in Hard Rock until tonight. Went to see the son of a friend who's band was playing.
    Decent place to see some live music if your into it. May have to do it again since they have better quality bands
    than local bars which I really don't go into anymore either.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not to get you started...Just observing the male population in general tells us how effective our fighting force is/will be.

Well, take that effectiveness, and then divide it even further due to medical down time.

The Navy was interested in having female nuclear operators. At the time, they were not authorized on subs, I can't remember about carriers if they could.
    Anyway, they figured that trained women could come on board a sub when it entered port, so to give the crew more down time, so they could rest up for the next underway.

At the time, it was determined that during the 6 year enlistment (nuke enlistment is minimum 6 years, because it's 2 years of schools), there was an average of 2 pregnancies per trained female operator.
    Anytime pregnancy is detected, the woman must be removed from all nuclear power plants.
    Coupled with recovery time, it was determined that 2 years are lost.
    So, 2 years training, 2 years childbirth/pregnancy, and then 2 years of use.
    As opposed to a male, 2 years of training and then 4 years of use.
    Of course, these are averages. At the individual level, some women would have 0 or 1 child. And some men might be injured, changing how much use you get.
    Also, on a 2 year reenlistment, the amount of births tend to drop. So the cost of training gets a better "return"
    But, reenlistments are a smaller percentage.

So, at the time, the training for a nuke was estimated to be $250,000.
    They figured they didn't want to spend the money on a group that, on average, would get half as much use.

(Note: the military does the same calculation for medical problems, such as cancer.
    Do they spend the money to keep the serviceperson? Or do they just discharge them, and train a new person they can get more years out of.

Anyway
    If you have problems with getting "X" amount of work out of someone..
    And then you throw in transitions medical down time, you're going to get even less work (or return on the $$)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I used to have the Nooie cameras from Amazon around the house and they were decent enough (also Chinese) but then I got the little square Kasa camera to put in my snake enclosure I was impressed with the clarity so I replaced all those Nooies and it's a big difference. The app is also better and I like to being able to switch them into night (infrared) mode at any time which is especially useful on the indoor ones.
    Most cameras these days are made in China.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    3 chance draw, FN 509, smith 638, Surfire 6px pro. $20 - only 100 tickets. Won't get better odds.

View attachment 302508
    Doesn’t leave a lot on the table for the chapter does it? We’re Diana members, we do this three times a year, typically the “top gun” is a little higher priced like a colt 44 mag/beretta or something cool, 2nd-3rd are a 12ga and a 22 typically but we sell 600 tickets at $10ea and ALWAYS sell out. Puts a solid $3500 plus into the club

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Doesn’t leave a lot on the table for the chapter does it? We’re Diana members, we do this three times a year, typically the “top gun” is a little higher priced like a colt 44 mag/beretta or something cool, 2nd-3rd are a 12ga and a 22 typically but we sell 600 tickets at $10ea and ALWAYS sell out. Puts a solid $3500 plus into the club
    No, you’re right it does not leave a lot on the table but we have a hard enough time selling tickets as it is I personally usually sell over half of them

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    ****. Went in and grabbed some donuts from the St John Family Express, and then pulled up to the pump. It asked if I wanted to redeem $0.41 per gallon rewards, and I said yes. Put in my payment method, which was a FE gift card I had used before. Started the pump, and it shut off after $0.32, the amount on the gift card. Could have sworn there was more on there. So I wasted a $0.41 per gallon discount on a $0.32 purchase. There is no way to redeem it now, unless corporate can do something. The cashier gave me a number to call on Monday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom