Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    With all the crane related deaths at USS, I’m amazed that OSHA hasn't forced some safety improvements.
    There's only so much you can do.
    And Legacy equipment can't always be upgraded.

It's a part of the job.
    You modify equipment when you can.
    You train people when you can't.
    Besides, there's also being crushed, gassed, falls, severe burns, and probably stuff I'm forgetting.

Got acquainted with most of those.
    Workers I knew either died, or never came back.
    A few missing fingers or toes, one missing the lower leg.
    The lady missing the leg came back, cause she wanted 50 or 55 years, not 48 or 53 years.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I had many fights with my bosses over safety, but had nearly as many with co-workers. Can't count the times I was the only one with a lock on the power because the power sub-station was too far away.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I had many fights with my bosses over safety, but had nearly as many with co-workers. Can't count the times I was the only one with a lock on the power because the power sub-station was too far away.

Yes. We also had guys that would be mad at the company, but they themselves would take short cuts.

Well, it worked before.

Right until you die.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Don't know if I should laugh at the joke or be angry what they have become.
    Not really a joke. I was watching congressional hearings a while back in regards to the VA and the deeper voiced fella was asking why are all of these "procedures" available within the system...

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Not really a joke. I was watching congressional hearings a while back in regards to the VA and the deeper voiced fella was asking why are all of these "procedures" available within the system...

I believe with the 'affordable care act', in some states, tranny procedures are paid for. Here's some interesting text from our own healthcare.gov website regarding tranny issues, and what to do if you are 'discriminated' against (with your tranny issues). The first line is the most interesting, so I bolded it:

"These transgender health insurance exclusions may be unlawful sex discrimination. The health care law prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, among other bases, in certain health programs and activities.

If you believe a plan unlawfully discriminates, you can file complaints of discrimination with your state’s Department of Insurance, or report the issue to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services by email to marketconduct@cms.hhs.gov.
    You may also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights.

Once you’re enrolled in a plan, if your health insurance company refuses to pay a claim or ends your coverage, you also have the right to appeal the decision and have it reviewed by an independent third party."

It may not be a joke, but we're certainly living in, and paying for, clown world.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have a bunch of TP-Link Kasa security cameras around my house and they might be the best value to quality ratio you can get in a wired security camera. I even have one for each of my critter enclosures.

*I also recognize that most of you probably wouldn't be willing to put Chink made security cameras all around your house but I only put them in areas that I couldn't care less if Chairman Xi himself was watching.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom