Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Drizzle in Hammond.

My youngest son starts welding school at the Calumet Welding Center today. This is the first time in his life he wasn't forced to go to school and his attitude shows the expected improvement.
    I have a nephew who learned welding at Ivy Tech and is doing very well with the pipe fitter's local 597. He has all the toys, big fancy truck, boat in a marina, etc.

His sister on the other hand has just graduated with a PHD in chemistry and is having a difficult time finding a job. She is currently lookin in CA where the good chem jobs are. Yeah, the wages look good on the surface until you take the cost of living into account.

Edumacation sometimes isn't all it's cracked up to be.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Drizzle in Hammond.

My youngest son starts welding school at the Calumet Welding Center today. This is the first time in his life he wasn't forced to go to school and his attitude shows the expected improvement.

My youngest took the Calumet course 10 years ago and is now a welder in Colorado. My understanding is that it's a highly regarded Cert in the area. Good luck to your son!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    New guy from the land of golf carts

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Well, I hope the electricity stays on... Starting an all-night print job and expecting a new pistol stock to emerge for my 1022 charger pistol tomorrow morning...

Couple questions: Where does the digital pattern come from? And what kind of surface do you end up with? In other words, is there a lot of smoothing and such to get to final form?

Just curious - I know next to nothing about 3D stuff.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Couple questions: Where does the digital pattern come from? And what kind of surface do you end up with? In other words, is there a lot of smoothing and such to get to final form?

Just curious - I know next to nothing about 3D stuff.

Well, there are thousands of 3d files on multiple websites available for download on the internet. The smoothness of the print is dependent on the 3d printer's capabilities and the original files individual build. I've noticed that some models require to be printed slower to get a smoother finish then others. Also, there is what type of plastic you are using for the print which plays into this. PLA is the most used filament for general printing but depending on your printer you might want to use ABS or ASA or carbon fiber or even TPU if you are looking for something that is more compressible. like maybe your printing shoes... Through my working with Live Free I have one of these "makers " which is a guy good with AutoCAD that designs 3D print models that has agreed to let us print and sell any of his models for funding the organization so some of the stuff I'm printing is designed by him and for Live Free " www.americansurvivor.org ". I'm starting to learn my way around the cad software though so that may change in the future. The 1022 charger pistol stock I'm printing is originally a 3d model he made for the 1022 rifle which I took into the cad software and made changes to it, so it wasn't made to be a rifle stock any longer and meant for the pistol application I had. Some of the roughness in some prints is from material printed under another part of the model you are trying to print because when the printer prints your model it may need supports for parts of it since the printer can't just print into the air while printing out the model... This a lot of times adds roughness to the model where that support was before you tore it off the finished model.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    TPU can be a pain in the dick to print but it's also way easier to clean up than PLA, ABS, etc if the print fails and you fell asleep:lmfao:
    I've only been reading and watching videos about TPU so far... I have to get some ventilation set up for the printer still because moving this thing out in the tent is getting old for some of the other stuff besides the PLA... Carbon Fiber has my interest, but I need the X1 carbons head thingy to do it still... The drone guys want the carbon fiber so it's next...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ordered this over a week ago.
    Read from bottom to top.

Forgive the overlaps, I'm too lazy to crop them out

Screenshot_20230912_055818_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230912_055805_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230912_055757_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230912_055745_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230912_055732_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230912_055708_Chrome.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Everything on Doug's pic before Hobart is Amazon's fault

And Tom ordered something from China which always takes forever, and it actually seems to have cleared customs pretty quickly. I've had stuff sit in there for a week plus and that counts stuff from Europe and Australia.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom