• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    I want to thank the couple who decided it would be a great idea to push their baby stroller through the entire g-d show instead of carrying their freakin kid.

Its hard enough to navigate through the tables past every plus sized good ol' boy, but when you clog the aisles up with a g-d stroller that lets NOBODY pass...its just the icing on the cake...end rant.

Prices seemed high still. I have to assume these are the guys buying Walmart ammo and jacking the prices up. $26 for Remington .22 bulk packs is cheaper than the last 1500, but still about $10 more than wallymart.

I overheard about 4 dealers complaining to each other what a bad show it was...at 10:15 in the morning. I just dont understand how they know its a bad show just over an hour into it...but I guess thats why I'm on my side of the table, and they are on theirs.

And yes, prepare to be disarmed upon entry...or at least unloaded.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It was a C+ show. No real deals (Silver Bear Makarov for $15!) but it beat watching the Tour de France on a rainy Saturday morning.

I certainly didn't expect it to be in the llama barn. Hoping that location was due to the late nature of the venue change? About halfway through the show, my 6 year old said, "Dad, what smells like pooh?" I wanted to say, "The price on 7.62 x 39" but told him it was the adjacent swine barn. ;)

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Just got back from the show, given it a C+ was being kind, no real deals, not much reloading stuff, plenty of high prices.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Crazy prices, no real deals, and I saw no INGOers! or at least no shirts and hats that is, I went from 9-10:30 this moring.

but as another member above me said, beat staying at home

so cramped, had a hard time getting around especially with my grandfather who has a cane was getting run over and tripped, really ridiculous how rude some people were

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Sounds like a typical "gun show" at Noblesville. Setup in the llama barn though that's a first especialy since the fair just ran.They really blew it when thet quit having the shows at the Armory. I can't say I've ever been to a show where you could take a loaded gun in.As a matter of fact I don't even waste my time on the shows anymore, I seem to be able to find just as many deals on here,on the net,or at Bradis as I can at the shows.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    ???

Is this a real gun show or the antique (muskets, etc.) gun show?

A few years ago I told a friend about having a clown come entertain at my youngest son's birthday party.

My friend said, "Was it a real clown or just someone dressed as a clown":dunno:

I still haven't figured that one out...

husker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I want to thank the couple who decided it would be a great idea to push their baby stroller through the entire g-d show instead of carrying their freakin kid.
    I entered directly behind this couple (or one just like them.) At first the show seemed really crowded, but later I realized it was because of them.

I agree with others that the show was disappointing. I'm sure the last minute location change had something to do with it. I've been to the "Central Indiana" shows in Lafayette & Kokomo and they are a lot better.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sounds like a typical "gun show" at Noblesville. Setup in the llama barn though that's a first especialy since the fair just ran.They really blew it when thet quit having the shows at the Armory. I can't say I've ever been to a show where you could take a loaded gun in.As a matter of fact I don't even waste my time on the shows anymore, I seem to be able to find just as many deals on here,on the net,or at Bradis as I can at the shows.
    I really don't think they had a choice since the Indiana National Guard was mobilized, the Armory was probably off limits to all but military personel.

As to the show, there were more firearms than I expected, but unfortunately the prices were as high as I expected, so I went home with cash still in pocket. There were a couple of sellers that thought their Norinco AK variants were worth their weight in gold. Sorry, not that desperate to own one.

Lots of ARs at not so special prices, but a few Bushmasters that were "reasonable".

Ammo was still too high, but at least there was some if you desperately needed it.

As to it being in the Llama barn, beats not having a show! Now if it only had some lights!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Don't speed if you have to use 465. State troopers are heavy today in unmaked mustangs.

Good call, saw them working 465 South pretty hard. They had 3 pulled over that I saw, might have been more still cruising.

It was the first gun show I'd been to. I can't say I was all that impressed really. :dunno:

I did manage to sell my G23 (but not as a result of the show) and some ammo, and picked up some 10mm and a cheap IWB for the G20, so it wasn't a total loss.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not a lot to see, but I did find a shotgun I have been looking for a long time. Was well worth the trip for that.:)

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I wasted my gas and money to go to the show. If you want to see guns drive to Bradis or Gander Mountain tomorrow. The prices at the show were higher than Gander!

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Just returned from it. The prices were high -across the board on everything (guns and ammo), but what is new about that these days. The attendance looked good but the building is too small. Think... mini-version of the 1500. For only $5.00 entrance fee (no parking fee) it is worth an hour of driving - but not more.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

There was a guy in a motorized scooter thingy that didn't give a g-d about anyone around him. He just plowed right through the crowd. Then he'd stop and back-up without looking first and plow right into the same crowd again. He did it to us twice (and once he jammed us up against a table when we tried to get out of his way) and we saw him do it at least two more times. :xmad:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom