• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's well known that I can't grow a decent mustache.

Hence, I'm in the market for a phony mustache, cop-style.

Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Reminds me of the Safety patrol Belts we had in grade school. Older kids who made us younger kids not run to the bus. Only the good kids got to wear them. (I never got picked)

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    When I OC carry my $5 Harbor Freight mache`te (vinyl sheath included) folks ask me if I'm Jason. Must be the ski mask.

BTW, I used it for the first time yesterday to cut down some brush and cut myself. Where can I buy some chain mail?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    zombieglock I experienced the same thing almost. When she found out I wasn't a cop she wanted nothing to do with me. She liked men in uniform then she found out how little they get paid lol

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Hot blonde in a restaurant. "Are you a cop?"
    No, but I do have handcuffs, if that's what you are asking.

I have been asked a handful of times. Everything from, "Excuse me officer, does Indiana have a motorcycle helmet law?" to "What department do you work for?" Gave the last guy a slight grin and said, "homeland security" It took him a couple of seconds.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I used to get that all the time, mostly just from my appearance, since I usually cc. I didn't know what to make of it for a long time, until I finally realized it was just a comment on my "clean cut" look. So I started saying "Thank you!" That got some pretty amusing looks. 25 years and 60 pounds have pretty much dried up any such comments, though. Tempes fugit.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I've been asked once. I was at a gas station picking up smokes and the girl behind the counter noticed I was carrying. First she said in a loud excited/fearful voice "Is that a gun in your pocket"?!?!?! I told her yes it was a pistol but it's in a holster. She looks at me and asked if I was a cop, then took another look and asked in a questioning voice "or a security guard"?. I told her no and then talked with her for 5-10 minutes.

I have never been asked if I was a cop. I must be doing something wrong.

They're too busy running in the other direction screaming for the villagers with torches and pitchforks.

When I OC carry my $5 Harbor Freight mache`te (vinyl sheath included) folks ask me if I'm Jason. Must be the ski mask.

Jason wears a hockey mask.....

I get asked probably twice a month. I guess they think I'm an undercover drug buyer, lol.

Well quit buying drugs then. :):

Last edited:

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Being in my young 20's I always get the "what does a kid like you need a gun for?"

yesterday at the gas station the cashier, a woman in her 50s maybe, asked me "are you in danger? is that why you have a pistol?" I just told her I didn't understand what she meant by that, and that you never know when you will need one.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    3. At the grocery store today with the wife. All done, groceries in the trunk. I take the cart to the cart corral about 50' away from where I parked. (I just can't leave my cart in the middle of the parking lot).

There in ne need to for the apologetic sounding remark about being responsible and putting your grocery cart where it belongs unlike a bunch of lazy slobs who do otherwise. Good for you.

Terry

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    People are not used to seeing a person without a badge carrying a firearm. The fact that they ask insinuates that they know there are those people though. It's just a natural reaction for some and can lead to a nice conversation most of the time.

While true, I think it is very dependent on the community you are in. I'd say some areas are more used to it than others. I generally CC 99% of the time myself, but have OC'd on occasion. A few times I've stopped in the gas station or a restaurant after a range trip and may still have my OC handgun and spare mags on my belt. Most of the time folks don't even bat an eye. Only time it has bothered me is when some folks have incorrectly thanked me for my service, to which I quickly correct them and mention I'm just a regular guy legally carrying my firearm.

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    zombieglock I experienced the same thing almost. When she found out I wasn't a cop she wanted nothing to do with me. She liked men in uniform then she found out how little they get paid lol

Yeah, luckily my girlfriend wants me to do whatever it is I love. She will always be the bread maker.

Ive had woman tell me the same thing, I then tell them the jobs they do (police/military ext.) don't make a lot and it then they reconsider -.-

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Being in my young 20's I always get the "what does a kid like you need a gun for?"

yesterday at the gas station the cashier, a woman in her 50s maybe, asked me "are you in danger? is that why you have a pistol?" I just told her I didn't understand what she meant by that, and that you never know when you will need one.
    A good make-her-think response would have been something along these lines: "No, I carry so just possibly you aren't the next gas station clerk shot in a robbery."

And I have no problem leaving my cart in the parking lot. When they start providing cart corrals beyond the first ten spaces, I'll be happy to put it away.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Next time you can try this: "No. You have a fire extinguisher on the wall over there. Are you afraid you are going to have a fire?" I bet you'll be able to see the wheels start turning, or get a VERY confused look depending on how intelligent the clerk is.

Top Bottom