• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I now work at one, Jack.

I know all of what I said to be absolute truth, at least for my place of business.

Not sure about others, but unless they let employees and staff carry, they're not any safer than this one.

T.V. makes them look more drama-filled, but just this week we've had a couple guys come in who were in cuffs as well.

Whoopidodah, had a couple jail birds in the room across the hall off and on for about the past three months while my dad was in and out of the hospital. Sherrif department employee sitting in the doorway 24 hours a day the whole time there were there. Probably was the least dangerous person in the hospital.

So long as you are not under a doctor's care a hospital is a pretty safe place.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Whoopidodah, had a couple jail birds in the room across the hall off and on for about the past three months while my dad was in and out of the hospital. Sherrif department employee sitting in the doorway 24 hours a day the whole time there were there. Probably was the least dangerous person in the hospital.

So long as you are not under a doctor's care a hospital is a pretty safe place.

If the person is in custody then they are less dangerous. But lots of people come in the ER that are drunk, high on who-knows-what, or just plain "crazy". Some of these people come in with fake pain to get narcs to sell on the street to finance their life. If the doctor doesn't give them what they want, they will leave and come back, again and again. Eventually they are at a breaking point. A guy went to Sullivan Co. ER a few years ago with a shotgun, he ended up shooting himself and not staff, but he could have shot staff. We had a man with a gun chase one of the doctors in Paoli a few years ago too.
    People are crazy.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    with a LTCH i wonder if they would let you keep it in your hospital room with you?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I carry to work. But when I walk in, I keep my gun in my toolbox in the corner. I work in a machine shop, so it's one of those large machinist tool boxes with a stationary cart. Whenever I have to run an errand, deliver parts, or anything like that, I always grab my gun and holster. It's the fobus paddle holster, so really easy to take it on and off. I just don't want to take the chance on damaging the gun or myself while I'm working. I'm either running a press, mill, lathe or just doing something really nasty. And I'm constantly walking back and forth, crouching, bending down to pick up parts and such. So it's just more convenient to not carry while AT work.

I could if I really wanted to though. My boss, my father, actually carries his to work, but leaves his gun in his office.

Top Bottom