• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    ? Lots of places. It's not really all that dangerous most places I go. Just to get it down to representative list I'll think off the top of my head places I've NEVER felt the need to carry.

Church, I used to go.
    Funerals
    Weddings
    When I was the patiant at Dr office or hospital
    In a cave
    Normally not on a kayak or canoe trip:dunno:

So I take it you never had a snake fall into your canoe? I first time I went canoeing, I had a racer fall into the canoe. I was glad I had my .38 with me loaded with CCI's Pistol ShellShot ammo.

CCI Ammunition - Product Detail

Last edited:

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    i carry a giant can of "home defense" pepper spray, even made myself a quick release velcro holster on my belt, nobody knows when im CC-ing but they definitely see the pepper.

im working on various other methods of concealment when waist holsters are a no go, sometimes i put my 1911 in a over-the-should bag i made for my netbook, fits great :D

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    So I take it you never had a snake fall into your canoe? I first time I went canoeing, I had a racer fall into the canoe. I was glad I had my .38 with me loaded with CCI's Pistol ShellShot ammo.

CCI Ammunition - Product Detail
    I think I'll stay away from shooting snakes that fall into my canoe:D
    73319155.jpg

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    DSC00624.jpg

That's what you're actually shooting out of one of those rounds (Well minus the SD card, lol) . It only scuffed the bottom of my fiberglass canoe.

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    I turned down a job in Chicago just because I refuse to live someplace that infringes upon so many of my rights. Especially the right to defend myself and my loved ones. My tax dollars will not go to supporting that nonsense.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :+1: Felt naked the whole time! What a horrible feeling. How do people live like that :dunno:

Well lets see...

Guns typcially the black colored guns are only held by the po-po or the thungs down the street both use them to kill each other.

A gun killed my best friend in school when were we little while we were playing T-ball in the school yard.

A gun was found in my uncle mike's house and my cousin little sally (GOD rest her soul) killed herself with it.

My peacher says guns are evil and they are the devil's toy.

The mayor and local community organizers are always marhing and speakikng about how we have too much crime because of guns.

All my life guns have been evil and do bad things.

---
    [Note this is not MY story but that of an inner city chicago kid]

So based on those lessons in life you can begin to understand how chicagoan's can go unarmed. The only experiences they have with guns are bad and evil.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    funny thing was, I was laying there thinking that it was almost as bad as a school for an easy access for some nut job.

Not a whole lot to grab, since they keep everything locked up.

As a lesson learned, I'll be adding some items to my laptop bag.

I actually carry a S&W .38 in the front pocket of my laptop bag.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Been leaving my carry piece in the car a lot lately. Visiting my bride in hospitals and the nursing home.

Dude, if ya gotta go to the nursing home to see her, maybe just keeping it casual would be better than taking the plunge?? Just tryin' to help. :D

You shot a RACER? What was he going to do? Run around the canoe really fast and tip it over? C'mon! You shot a RACER in your CANOE?? I don't care if it is just snake shot... You shot a RACER,..... in your CANOE??? :rolleyes: :nuts:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    You shot a RACER? What was he going to do? Run around the canoe really fast and tip it over? C'mon! You shot a RACER in your CANOE?? I don't care if it is just snake shot... You shot a RACER,..... in your CANOE??? :rolleyes: :nuts:

I had one go up my pant leg when I was about 10 or 11 and the damn thing bit me. I remember the trip to the hospital and shots. I know they are not poisonous but the area where it had bit me became all inflamed with red streaks shooting out from it (The first signs of blood poisoning). The Dr said that may of been from bacteria in the snakes mouth. I think the saying "Once bitten twice shy" truly came into play here. And it's not like snake shot will leave a hole in the canoe. It only left scuff marks.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Well lets see...

Guns typcially the black colored guns are only held by the po-po or the thungs down the street both use them to kill each other.

A gun killed my best friend in school when were we little while we were playing T-ball in the school yard.

A gun was found in my uncle mike's house and my cousin little sally (GOD rest her soul) killed herself with it.

My peacher says guns are evil and they are the devil's toy.

The mayor and local community organizers are always marhing and speakikng about how we have too much crime because of guns.

All my life guns have been evil and do bad things.

---
    [Note this is not MY story but that of an inner city chicago kid]

So based on those lessons in life you can begin to understand how chicagoan's can go unarmed. The only experiences they have with guns are bad and evil.

Yes, bad and evil things happen with guns. Chicago just needs educated. All of your examples are good ones, Jediagh:

I remember being in Southlake (err...Westlake, whatever they're calling it now) mall and some thugs with guns pushing my pregnant mother aside and the police chasing after. If I am ever in that type of situation again, I'll be armed and prepared if it goes any further.

My cousins found a shotgun in their house and one cousin shot another in the face. Worst funeral I hope to ever attend. Because of this, I will continue to educate my family on how guns work and what gun safety truly is.

And, officially, my denomination doesn't like guns. Whatever. I don't like our Director of Christian Education, but I don't ban her.

So, I've been educated. How do we educate Chicago?

Top Bottom