• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    After 14 months somebody finally looked at my Form 1. Found a mistake and mailed it back to me. I sent it back today with the correction. Let see how long it takes now to get the stamp.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    After 14 months somebody finally looked at my Form 1. Found a mistake and mailed it back to me. I sent it back today with the correction. Let see how long it takes now to get the stamp.

Ouch. I'm assuming trust. I had a couple of form 4s (individual) come back just shy of 7 months. And i just saw on NFAtracker.com some individual form 4s rolling in at 4 months.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    NFA item: Tactical Solutions Cascade Supressor
    Form type: Form 4
    Transferee type: Trust
    Filed: Paper Form
    Mailed: 10/18/2016
    Check Cashed: 10/28/2016
    Approval Date: 10/23/2016
    Received Date: 10/28/2017
    Examiner Name: Carol S. Ripley

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NFA item: Tactical Solutions Cascade Supressor
    Transferee type: Trust
    Filed: Paper Form
    Mailed: 10/18/2016
    Check Cashed: 10/28/2016
    Approval Date: 10/23/2016
    Received Date: 12/28/2016
    Examiner Name: Carol S. Ripley
    I think your years are off there Robby

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    oops. fixed. :)
    Copy and pasted someones post as a 'template'
    forgot the most important thing... the last line :)
    1 year to the day from when check was cashed to when I received the stamp.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I had the same thing happen. Had to get new photos and fingerprints. It only took a few days for the approval to arrive, once they got the items I re-submitted.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I'm really frustrated with this whole process. I bought two cans (form 4's, individual) from Copper Customs via their Silencer Shop kiosk on 8 May 17, and they cashed the checks on 22 May 17. I called ATF yesterday and was told 1) they were working on the time period of 01 Dec 16 to 04 Apr 17; and 2) I should expect to wait approximately nine months from NOW before those will clear. Then I read here that ATF has supposedly said they're just jumping around from month to month randomly. Then I read of people getting cans back on Form 4/Individual paper in seven months. WTF are these people doing? Or are they giving me long lead times just to keep me off their backs? Please note that I was VERY courteous in my request, and that it's the only request I have made of them; I haven't been calling weekly or being a richard when I talk to them. I've never seen anything like this before, even out of our own crazy government...

*** UPDATE -- THIS JUST IN ***

Well, I'm always amazed a what our government does, I guess. Just got a call from Copper Customs, BOTH of my cans have been approved and the stamps are waiting for me at the store. This after calling a week or two ago and being told that it would be about nine months from THAT DAY, given the backlog of work they had going on. Apparently they answer inquiries based on what can be pulled at short notice from one's... well, you get the picture. And a sordid picture it is. :-)

Headed over to pick them up this afternoon. So here's the rundown of the timing on my cans, both on form 4's:
    1. NFA Item: Suppressors (two)
    2. Form Type: Form 4's
    3. Transferee Type: Individual
    4. Forms Sent: 05/08/2017
    5. Pending Date:05/22/2017
    6. Approved Date: No flippin' idea
    7. Forms Received: 11/02/2017

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    NFA item: Dead Air Wolf 9SD Suppressor
    Transferee type: Individual
    Filed: Kiosk, Silencershop via Right to Bear Arms
    Date of input: 11/04/2017
    CC Hit:
    Approval Date:
    Received Date:
    Examiner Name:

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    I'm damn near giddy with the response I got to my call today... BATFE guy says, "we're finishing up November & December Form 1 Trusts & just starting on January ones." Mine is Jan 26th. The end is (hopefully) in sight!

Falconpuch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    NW Laf
    I'm damn near giddy with the response I got to my call today... BATFE guy says, "we're finishing up November & December Form 1 Trusts & just starting on January ones." Mine is Jan 26th. The end is (hopefully) in sight!

Finishing? I know of a few people who have and including me, Form 1 trust from September that aren't complete yet. 14 months and 5 days still counting. My examiner says it's waiting for FBI check to come through. Per reddit NFA thread, Backgrounds can take 30-55 days per user.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Finishing? I know of a few people who have and including me, Form 1 trust from September that aren't complete yet. 14 months and 5 days still counting. My examiner says it's waiting for FBI check to come through. Per reddit NFA thread, Backgrounds can take 30-55 days per user.

That's good to know about the back ground checks. I've not heard that before actually.
    I've never bothered with calling. It would be different if people were getting their stuff back that was submitted months after when I submitted or something. I bet those poor people hate answering the phone! :):

Top Bottom