• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Forms submitted for 2 suppressors and a SBR on March 10, 2017.

So I guess I have a bit longer to wait.

Matt from Front Towards Enemy just let me know there was a serial number discrepancy on one of my suppressors.
    He's PDFing them a document.

Don't know if this will slow mine down or not, because I think someone does a "pre-check" if the documents.
    :dunno:

Okay.
    Just received Form 4s (?) for 2 suppressors.
    Funny, they approved the suppressor # that they said didn't exist, but did. They must have straightened out their data.

I'll call tomorrow to see what's up with the SBR paperwork. Make sure they didn't send it to me and I missed it.

So, that was a wait from Mar 10 to Oct 9.
    7 months.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    And were these individual or trust? I assume they were paper-filed, not electronic? I ask because I bought two suppressors in May, and I'd love to think it's only gonna be a few more months before they come in... just in time for coyote season! :-)

Okay.
    Funny, they approved the suppressor # that they said didn't exist, but did. They must have straightened out their data.

I'll call tomorrow to see what's up with the SBR paperwork. Make sure they didn't send it to me and I missed it.

7 months.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I'm really frustrated with this whole process. I bought two cans (form 4's, individual) from Copper Customs via their Silencer Shop kiosk on 8 May 17, and they cashed the checks on 22 May 17. I called ATF yesterday and was told 1) they were working on the time period of 01 Dec 16 to 04 Apr 17; and 2) I should expect to wait approximately nine months from NOW before those will clear. Then I read here that ATF has supposedly said they're just jumping around from month to month randomly. Then I read of people getting cans back on Form 4/Individual paper in seven months. WTF are these people doing? Or are they giving me long lead times just to keep me off their backs? Please note that I was VERY courteous in my request, and that it's the only request I have made of them; I haven't been calling weekly or being a richard when I talk to them. I've never seen anything like this before, even out of our own crazy government...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And were these individual or trust? I assume they were paper-filed, not electronic? I ask because I bought two suppressors in May, and I'd love to think it's only gonna be a few more months before they come in... just in time for coyote season! :-)

They were individual.
    Paper.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm really frustrated with this whole process. I bought two cans (form 4's, individual) from Copper Customs via their Silencer Shop kiosk on 8 May 17, and they cashed the checks on 22 May 17. I called ATF yesterday and was told 1) they were working on the time period of 01 Dec 16 to 04 Apr 17; and 2) I should expect to wait approximately nine months from NOW before those will clear. Then I read here that ATF has supposedly said they're just jumping around from month to month randomly. Then I read of people getting cans back on Form 4/Individual paper in seven months. WTF are these people doing? Or are they giving me long lead times just to keep me off their backs? Please note that I was VERY courteous in my request, and that it's the only request I have made of them; I haven't been calling weekly or being a richard when I talk to them. I've never seen anything like this before, even out of our own crazy government...

Don't call and ask. They don't know anything accurate. I've read many many times where folks have called only to be told pending. Then 3-4 days later their dealer calls with the stamp. They can't even accurately tell you what the status of your submissions are. I have an F4 Individual suppressor that went pending 3/30/17. I expect my dealer to be calling me soon. My stamp for my 2/9/17 submission was approved on 8/31 and at dealer on 10/7.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Don't call and ask. They don't know anything accurate. I've read many many times where folks have called only to be told pending. Then 3-4 days later their dealer calls with the stamp. They can't even accurately tell you what the status of your submissions are. I have an F4 Individual suppressor that went pending 3/30/17. I expect my dealer to be calling me soon. My stamp for my 2/9/17 submission was approved on 8/31 and at dealer on 10/7.

And I was correct. My stamp came in today for my Tirant 45. Approved 10/5/17

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Forms submitted for 2 suppressors and a SBR on March 10, 2017.

So I guess I have a bit longer to wait.

Okay.

7 months.

And Friday (20 Oct) I received my approved SBR paperwork (form 1?)

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I called ATF today to ask about a Trust Form 4 and they said they were working on forms from October 16, 2016

Trust timeline sucks. I submitted form 4 trust for suppressor and checked cashed 8/28/17. Maybe just maybe I'll see that stamp by this time next year :abused:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I called ATF today to ask about a Trust Form 4 and they said they were working on forms from October 16, 2016

Trust timeline sucks. I submitted form 4 trust for suppressor and checked cashed 8/28/17. Maybe just maybe I'll see that stamp by this time next year :abused:

This month I received Form 1 and Form 4 approvals that were submitted Mar 10.
    I'm debating getting a rifle suppressor now, before a wave of people start submitting more forms.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I'm starting to get frustrated with this process and our illustrious BATFELGBTQ-whatever they are this week. I'm seeing and hearing times on individual form 4's that are all over the map. Some take 4-5 months, some take over a year... and then there's the trust form 4's, of which several billion were filed right before the deadline, that have ETA times expressed in geologic terms... What the hell is going on with these people?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'm starting to get frustrated with this process and our illustrious BATFELGBTQ-whatever they are this week. I'm seeing and hearing times on individual form 4's that are all over the map. Some take 4-5 months, some take over a year... and then there's the trust form 4's, of which several billion were filed right before the deadline, that have ETA times expressed in geologic terms... What the hell is going on with these people?

Government.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Seems if you submitted last year, forms are still all over the place.

Submit this year, 5-7 months. I know a guy who submitted 2 on a trust 1-3-17 and got his back in August. Have a friend who filed an individual in late May and got his back a couple weeks ago

I submitted a form 4 on a trust in early May, so idk.

It's the NFA game, hurry up and wait

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland

October16? That's oddly specific. I've called several times and NEVER been given a single date. Most of the time its a month or a couple months (working on October & November), or no estimate at all. A single date though? Odd, and if the other replies here and or NFA Tracker.com is accurate, completely incorrect.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    My form 1 has been in since August 2016, When I call all they will tell me is it is still pending. I will never do another Class 3 item. They take the money and collect the interest but can't get the job done in any timely fashion. I was ok with knowing it would probably be a year but 14 + months is a little ridiculous

Top Bottom