• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    Two e-form 4s submitted Friday July 19th. First of two came back approved today. Five days!
    Keep an eye on that email, might get lucky and get a delayed batch, where the 2nd one comes through within a day or so of the first

Hoping for good luck for ya, cause I am hoping my two currently in process batch (and if I get lucky, I'll have my SBR Form 4 in process at the same time and get 3, maybe one of my backordered cans as well, lol)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    368   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Keep an eye on that email, might get lucky and get a delayed batch, where the 2nd one comes through within a day or so of the first

Hoping for good luck for ya, cause I am hoping my two currently in process batch (and if I get lucky, I'll have my SBR Form 4 in process at the same time and get 3, maybe one of my backordered cans as well, lol)
    Second one hit. One hour twenty seven minute split. My first suppressor in 2016 was 14 months.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    25 July 2024, Got an e-mail to "verify"... and couldn't. The e-forms page wasn't accepting my username & pin even though all my info is correct. (now) It didn't have my middle name on it. 4 guns guy says may take some time for the gov system to update.

We shall see.
    Went through finally. Now just waiting on the ATF people...
    Precious hrs wasted...

Screenshot (1772).png

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Define “long?” Not being confrontational, just seeing what that means these days.
    My opinion is, when some come back in minutes or hours, waiting 4 months is completely unexceptable...
    That big round limestone building with our congressman that we voted in need to rip atf and fbi's ass a bit more and get all citizens on the same time plan.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    I'm thinking the same as Creedmore stated above on this issue. My first NFA transfer in the '90's took less then 90 days which was pretty standard back them. My last NFA transfer in 2017 took 14 months which was pretty regular then. Today if transfers are routinely being approved in a matter of days there's no reason for some to take significantly longer than that for anyone that is not prohibited.

I had heard from others that contacting their Congressman had been effective in getting a response from ATF. I was just curious if anyone had contacted Representative Houchin in reference to an NFA transfer delay and if so was her office responsive to their request.

BTW, my latest Form 4 was filed in March.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    My uneducated impression is that the long time frames for some people and not others is mostly due to delays on the FBI side of things. I believe that as part of the ATF process, they run a NICS check. If that comes back clear right away, you get your Form approved in a matter of a couple days.

But... for those of us who nearly ALWAYS come back delayed on 4473s, we get kicked over to the FBI for further research when our ATF Forms are delayed, which seems to happen at 1/100 the rate they process those when someone's buying an actual gun. Unlike a gun, which can be released by the FFL after a certain number of days of waiting, making it a little shorter or those super dangerous metal tubes can't be released automatically and just sit indefinitely until the FBI approves (don't get me started on the logic of that).

I would love to see them at least put a cap on the wait time or figure out a way that those of us who routinely get delayed have a way around that, kinda like for TSA Precheck (I've been told that having a UPIN guarantees nothing). Or maybe have suppressors go down a different path than full auto firearms. But that's me being logical while talking about an illogical process.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Well... lets give this new E-file a shot. Last can I got it was 11 months.
    Plunked down my $$$ on a Dead Air Mojave 9 at 4 Guns today.
    They still had all my info from my last can, but had to redo my photo.

Purchase made... 23 July 2024.
    Got my "approved" e-mail. Just checked, and it came in my inbox about an hr ago.

$$ and paperwork on 23 July + approved 30 July = 7 days.

Guess I'll be heading down to Lafayette here in a bit.

Wooooo.jpg

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Form 4 trust submitted the week between Xmas and new years 12/2023 —still waiting

Form 1 Individual submitted May 15th 2024 — still waiting

Just my luck.
    So my efiled Individual Form 1 submitted on 5/15/24 came back on 7/29/24

I called the ATF and inquired about my 12/23 form 4 on a trust. The lady told me the wait time is 155 days for a trust. Then realized my wait time is over that. She said well you need to just keep waiting...... Hurry up and wait!

Top Bottom