• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Oh, there you are wrong... there is nothing more irritating to the beautiful people than having to associate with a bunch of fat ugly people... most of them smell, they take up too much space, they even bump into us sometimes, they make noises sometimes... really, it is too much to expect for us to have to be around them
    That may be so, but we outnumber them a hundred to one!:D

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Epect the sale of these to be outlawed soon after this goes into effect

475615701_o.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I was so glad to leave out of that area. I was stationed in NJ, but NYC was about an hour away. They all have control issues. If this was the 1700s, they would have already been pouring coke into the bay there. Maybe thats what we need, not a tea party, but a coke party, haha. Notice how he is doing soft drinks and not coffee? He knows that their would be a riot if he said something that stupid.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I really hope they start deciding all my meals for me too. I mean, if I had choices, I might make an unhealthy one, picking what I want. Oh, and I while they are at it, I want them to regulate my bowel movements too. After all, they obviously know whats the best for me, so they should be able to schedule my every drink, everything i eat, as well as what comes back out of my body.
    I am so happy to be away from New Jersey and New York. Crazy places, was the worst 2 1/2 years of my life. I am glad to be back in the free world again. Heck, I have been deployed overseas, and had more freedom then in those 2 states.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Just limiting the size of sodas won't end the problem of fatness in NYC. Did the Mayor also propose a 'one-a-day' limit on purchases? Otherwise the size-challenged will just buy multiple drinks.

Of course the mobsters in NY will just start running in 32 oz. soft-drinks from New Jersey.

Another Prohibition on the way.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Not only are they violating the constitution in new york... now they are hovering over violating people's free will.
    If you want to eat 6 big macs and a 2 liter of coke be my guest. Just don't cry to me when you have a heart attack at 25 years old.

As my grandpa said eating everything in moderation is key.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The Bloomberg was on the Today Show. Matt asked him about doing this when people are against it. He used his leadership in the anti-smoking in public movement. He said it was unpopular at first and now it is highly welcomed by the public. We have seen how many people right here on this board support stripping private property rights from business owners to please themselves. So maybe Bloomberg is right. I think it is immoral and should not be allowed in a free society, but maybe it will be popular with the anti-smokers here on this board.

Overweight people don't place a heavier burden on our health care system?
    Also don't they take advantage of medicare and other taxpayer paid healthcare services at a higher rate that those that are considered ideal weight?

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Not only are they violating the constitution in new york... now they are hovering over violating people's free will.
    If you want to eat 6 big macs and a 2 liter of coke be my guest. Just don't cry to me when you have a heart attack at 25 years old.

As my grandpa said eating everything in moderation is key.
    This brings up a legitimate point. Are they going to restrict sales of 2L pop? What about Sunny D in 1 gallon jugs at the grocery store will they ban it as well?

Will they ban chocolate milk in 1 gallon jugs? Or will you have to pay a luxury tax on these items to be ALLOWED to drink them?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Overweight people don't place a heavier burden on our health care system?
    Also don't they take advantage of medicare and other taxpayer paid healthcare services at a higher rate that those that are considered ideal weight?

Well, their excuse could be, if i pay into it, why shouldnt i get to use it to its fullest as well. And, you can say that overweight people place a heavier burden, but so do so many others. What about the elderly? They place a heavier burden on the system. Newborns? They also have to get all sorts of medical, all those first appointments and vaccinations. What about various races? Some races have different medical problems then others. I know you could say that some of them do not have choices to those, other then the elderly, but this is America. You should have the FREEDOM to pick and chose what you want to eat and drink. If you want the health problems along with it, that should be your choice as well. Just because you go to the doc and have something done, does not mean everything will be back to perfect. Just some points to think about. I dont think that the government should be able to say that I should be able to decide what i should and should not be able to eat anymore then they should decide what kind of firearm I should be allowed to purchase. Or how many firearms I chose to purchase. What if they came out with a study that said the more firearms that you own, the more medical you will need in a lifetime, so for the governments sake, they are going to limit what guns and what types you own?????

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    This brings up a legitimate point. Are they going to restrict sales of 2L pop? What about Sunny D in 1 gallon jugs at the grocery store will they ban it as well?

Will they ban chocolate milk in 1 gallon jugs? Or will you have to pay a luxury tax on these items to be ALLOWED to drink them?

No restrictions there, 7-11 will still have your huge drinks because they aren't the named restaurants, fast food movie theaters sporting events.

The state of [Mayor Bloomberg] shuts him from the world, yet the business of [Bloomberg] requires him to know it thoroughly; wherefore the different parts, unnaturally opposing and destroying each other, prove the whole character to be absurd and useless.
    Thomas Paine, Common Sense

The job of Mayor is to make a city run, not to control the diets of individuals.

Deciding what soft drink to order isn't what makes people fat, it's a lack of self control. It starts with soft drinks, how long before all Elevators are shut down by the city so that people will get cardio workouts in? Of course, even while I don't like and typically avoid restaurants that have smoking sections, this is just an extension of the same smoking bans to improve health conditions. However, the big difference here is smoking effects more than just the consumer, if someone else drinks a soda that's too big for them, it's not hurting the person next to them.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Well, their excuse could be, if i pay into it, why shouldnt i get to use it to its fullest as well.
    They never pay in enough to cover the beneifts they recieve.

And, you can say that overweight people place a heavier burden, but so do so many others. What about the elderly? They place a heavier burden on the system. Newborns? They also have to get all sorts of medical, all those first appointments and vaccinations. What about various races? Some races have different medical problems then others.
    None are those are self inflicted. Being fat is a choice!

I know you could say that some of them do not have choices to those, other then the elderly, but this is America. You should have the FREEDOM to pick and chose what you want to eat and drink. If you want the health problems along with it, that should be your choice as well. Just because you go to the doc and have something done, does not mean everything will be back to perfect. Just some points to think about. I dont think that the government should be able to say that I should be able to decide what i should and should not be able to eat anymore then they should decide what kind of firearm I should be allowed to purchase. Or how many firearms I chose to purchase. What if they came out with a study that said the more firearms that you own, the more medical you will need in a lifetime, so for the governments sake, they are going to limit what guns and what types you own?????

I don't support mayor wackos initiatives. Yet to think ones choices does not effect society is being short sighted.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    And, you can say that overweight people place a heavier burden, but so do so many others. What about the elderly? They place a heavier burden on the system. Newborns? They also have to get all sorts of medical, all those first appointments and vaccinations. What about various races? Some races have different medical problems then others.

Well, I have known more then a couple that had an actual thyroid problem, where they had to take drugs in order to stop from ballooning up. And this was way more then one person. So, should they be punished, cause they are being fat? After all, they are using medical reasons to try and not be fat. What about all our veterans that are coming back and on pain killers and sleep meds as well as meds for PTSD. Some of those cause you to gain tons of weight as well. I have been stationed at Walter Reed, and even here when I go to Rock Island with my Warrior Transition Unit, I see some of those Soldiers that are ballooning up in weight. Should they now be punished too because they are fat? After all, they can chose to not take those meds.
    I do agree with you for the most part, as the majority of obese people chose to let themselves become obese. But, once again, this America, shouldnt they have the choice? Of course, every choice has consequences, and I am sure they have heard them and disregarded them. I dont like being regulated where I can and cannot drink or smoke. Even the American Legion, it will now soon be smoke free or they will not be allowed to have anyone under 18. Do I think they should be smoke free, probably a better idea, but I sure don't think I need Uncle Sam to ORDER me not to smoke there. I don't need Uncle Sam to make my every choice. This used to be the Land of the Free. This was the land our forefathers fought to have freedoms. Its only been lately that we have had the explosion of laws to protect us from ourselves.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Well, I have known more then a couple that had an actual thyroid problem, where they had to take drugs in order to stop from ballooning up. And this was way more then one person. So, should they be punished, cause they are being fat? After all, they are using medical reasons to try and not be fat.
    Picking .01% of the population of overweight people to argue a point is silly. Where did I say anything about punishment?

What about all our veterans that are coming back and on pain killers and sleep meds as well as meds for PTSD. Some of those cause you to gain tons of weight as well. I have been stationed at Walter Reed, and even here when I go to Rock Island with my Warrior Transition Unit, I see some of those Soldiers that are ballooning up in weight. Should they now be punished too because they are fat? After all, they can chose to not take those meds.
    I do agree with you for the most part, as the majority of obese people chose to let themselves become obese. But, once again, this America, shouldnt they have the choice? Of course, every choice has consequences, and I am sure they have heard them and disregarded them. I dont like being regulated where I can and cannot drink or smoke. Even the American Legion, it will now soon be smoke free or they will not be allowed to have anyone under 18. Do I think they should be smoke free, probably a better idea, but I sure don't think I need Uncle Sam to ORDER me not to smoke there. I don't need Uncle Sam to make my every choice. This used to be the Land of the Free. This was the land our forefathers fought to have freedoms. Its only been lately that we have had the explosion of laws to protect us from ourselves.

Problem I have with the issue is others having to pay for those that make bad choices.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Rest assured that if we start down this path of controlling lifestyle choices because of medical costs, gun ownership will be right there on the list. So be really careful about supporting such policies when it isn't your ox being gored.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Problem I have with the issue is others having to pay for those that make bad choices.

Me too. That's why forced participation in Medicare, SS, obamacare, etc is so dangerous--it leads to discussuions like this, animosity among differing groups, and will ultimately result in "death panels". It has to. There are only so many resources and when something is perceived to be free by some, their appetites are seldomly satisfied.

I suspect many, even some on INGO, will on one hand say its none of our business what some do in their bedrooms, but will have criticism for people that "bad choices" if it costs them money.

Top Bottom