• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I am new and have not participated in the classifieds due to my post count. What is the problem with over-priced ads? If anything it can help those selling items at reasonable prices by creating a value comparison. If I offer a gun for $400 and another guy has the same thing for $750, that just helps me.

Competition helps the consumer. IMO people should be able to price items as high as possible. I won't buy it and I am sure the majority of those on here will not either.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    As anyone noticed a substantial number of new members that have like 52 posts and a large number of classified adds at silly prices. IMO they are offering no meaningful contribution to this fine website and are merrily attempting to profit from the site. Yea I know It is not my website but it still burns me up as I enjoy this place and most of its members. Anyway...whatever.

It's just not the NEW members..... :noway:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I joined up 'cause I was concerned about my 2A rights and my personal rights and liabilities also.
    I wish I'd never seen the classified section.
    I have bought, sold, and traded 'til I'm broke again (just kidding).
    I still have the same # of guns I had before I joined INGO and got hooked on the classifieds. I did seek professional help. (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, ETC) and thanks to them my addiction is healed and also lost weight not eating as well. I think it's great we're getting members from all over the place. Hopefully we'll be looked at as a responsible group and make a more positive impression on others that don't understand us.
    Overpriced on the classifieds. GOOD. I CAN'T AFFORD MORE GREAT DEALS!

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    New members are new members :dunno:

I'd rather have the opportunity to buy their wares than not see them posted, regardless of price. It's also nice to keep the community growing. Odds are at least some of them will stick around and contribute.

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    :patriot:I am a new member, new to LTCH (Sept of 12) and wanted informing on what can and can not do around the state and others. Enjoy the reading what others have to say about anything and everything and the wealth of knowledge. I have learned much and YES I do look at the classifies but mainly for reloading. I believe a lot of new joins lately are here for answers since legislation is about to change some things and YES some new joins are here just for the classifies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    people signing on to INGO and trying to sell stuff asap happens all over.

Go over to any motorcycle forum.

It happens there all the time.

Uniquely, those forums do not have a minimum number of posts to get you into the classified section - sell only.

I am happy that there are more new members coming onto the site.

It would seem that the percentages are good that they are here to stay and have a genuine disdain for the way the country is heading.

It would also seem that they have their collective heads screwed on about matters of the 2A - and other matters that might come into play on the taking of arms.

I hope their stay here on INGO is one that is long-lasting and informative.

Welcome...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I believe this is post 52 for me....Time to go sell sell sell!

I don't want to make money...I just LOVE to sell guns!!

I'm kidding of course...and have nothing I want to sell that I can think of...

I'm here because I was excited to find a local Indiana Forum that shared my love of firearms. I don't have many friends I hang out with I can chat guns with so I think this is a great forum near as I can tell.

Valor35

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't think I qualify as a 'new' member (at least by join date), but I am newer than many of the folks I view as experts on this forum. My post count is low because I don't often feel I have anything intelligent to add to the great discussions, but I sure learn a lot from following along. I appreciate the opportunity to get new information. It has really helped me progress safely into shooting and reloading from where I was as a novice just a few years ago.

I have been hammered once or twice for starting a duplicate thread, so I don't think I'll be doing that much, but I'll continue to watch, learn, and input my :twocents: where I think it might help.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I am happy that there are more new members coming onto the site.

It would seem that the percentages are good that they are here to stay and have a genuine disdain for the way the country is heading.

It would also seem that they have their collective heads screwed on about matters of the 2A - and other matters that might come into play on the taking of arms.

EXACTLY. I'm glad to be here.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As anyone noticed a substantial number of new members that have like 52 posts and a large number of classified adds at silly prices. IMO they are offering no meaningful contribution to this fine website and are merrily attempting to profit from the site. Yea I know It is not my website but it still burns me up as I enjoy this place and most of its members. Anyway...whatever.

I see silly prices from people who have a lot more than 50 posts all the time.

I just laugh to myself and move on. :laugh:

The REAL issue is those among us DUMB enough to PAY the silly prices! :D
    They're the ones that PERPETUATE silly prices...

Last edited:

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm here because I was excited to find a local Indiana Forum that shared my love of firearms. I don't have many friends I hang out with I can chat guns with so I think this is a great forum near as I can tell.

I joined for the same reasons. I've frequented a few larger firearm forums but was looking for something more local, with local news/reviews on shops and ranges.

My post count is low because I don't often feel I have anything intelligent to add to the great discussions, but I sure learn a lot from following along. I appreciate the opportunity to get new information.

While I am very new here, I don't contribute very often either for the same reason. I just don't feel like I have any knowledgable comments to add to the discussion, so I just read for the most part (I rarely login, unless I want to comment). However, the information at my fingertips is great, and I appreciate everyone's input. That's why I always return (my girl is often annoyed with me because I have to check this place every few hours :):)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I joined for the same reasons. I've frequented a few larger firearm forums but was looking for something more local, with local news/reviews on shops and ranges.

While I am very new here, I don't contribute very often either for the same reason. I just don't feel like I have any knowledgable comments to add to the discussion, so I just read for the most part (I rarely login, unless I want to comment). However, the information at my fingertips is great, and I appreciate everyone's input. That's why I always return (my girl is often annoyed with me because I have to check this place every few hours :):)
    Whatever you do don't get HER into shooting at all.
    You might not lose your man card but you'll be checked at all times to make sure you have it on you.
    First thing you know...she's out shooting you, buying nicer guns, and falls into the coven of the rest of these INGO Gals that rule this place.
    (add purple where needed)

dkor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greensburg, IN
    I am new to the site. I do not have any guns for sale. though i am interested in buying some. any advice as to getting good guns for reasonable prices?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Whatever you do don't get HER into shooting at all.
    You might not lose your man card but you'll be checked at all times to make sure you have it on you.
    First thing you know...she's out shooting you, buying nicer guns, and falls into the coven of the rest of these INGO Gals that rule this place.
    (add purple where needed)

Already took her shooting twice and she loves it! :rockwoot: She wasn't too keen on me carrying every time we stepped out of the house, but she's getting more and more accepting (all she hears is me always discussing why I believe it's important). Now she's wanting a gun herself after I dragged her to a gun show. And as for her buying nicer guns, that's fine by me! All that means is I get to shoot expensive guns without having to pay for them :D :ar15:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Do you wake up in the morning, thinking, OMG, all those new members. All they care about is selling stuff and don't care about being a productive member of Ingo. Some one call the interwebz popo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Minis suck! I'm sure there are good and very knowledgeable gun owners all over the States and the World but this is Indiana Gun Owners not US Gun Owners or World Gun Owners. But the owner of the site has said all are welcome so..... :welcome: :ingo: :patriot:
    Oh! I thought the "IN" was for "in", as in the "IN" crowd! :ugh: ;)

Top Bottom