• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    FourGuns. I open carry in there...loaded...no problems.
    :)

The last time I was in FourGuns, one of the workers behind the counter was chatting about his sidearm to another worker and said something stupid trying to be funny. He then proceeded to say, "SEE!" and unholsterd his pistol and pointed it right at my face. ( I was about 5 feet away looking at other guns.) He then holstered it about 3 seconds later. His finger was in the trigger well the entire time..............................:noway: I said something to him about it and he just smiled and tried to shrug it off. I was not amused.

That is the last time I will ever step foot in that shop...

As for the signs on the doors, if it makes them happy, great! I'll just quietly carry like I always do. I understand your point BOR, but I do see that in nearly every shop I see, and am sure its for insurance reasons.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    BOR, if we PM you, will you tell us the name of this place?

Across from Eastway? The Red Lobster? The Midas oil change place? I am completely stumped and its my neck of the woods.:dunno:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I think its the new store that is going into where Four Guns used to be. By the safe shop?

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Next to Haley's? That's on Earl not 52 like BoR said.

When people say "52" does that include Earl in the penumbra?:D

Your first mistake was assuming I was intelligent enough to read street signs instead of listening to my jaded gps system.:D

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The last time I was in FourGuns, one of the workers behind the counter was chatting about his sidearm to another worker and said something stupid trying to be funny. He then proceeded to say, "SEE!" and unholsterd his pistol and pointed it right at my face. ( I was about 5 feet away looking at other guns.) He then holstered it about 3 seconds later. His finger was in the trigger well the entire time..............................:noway: I said something to him about it and he just smiled and tried to shrug it off. I was not amused.

That is the last time I will ever step foot in that shop...

As for the signs on the doors, if it makes them happy, great! I'll just quietly carry like I always do. I understand your point BOR, but I do see that in nearly every shop I see, and am sure its for insurance reasons.

Wow...I don't blame you. When I stopped in, very professional, very helpful. Just not a lot to browse.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just today a guy me that "Wabash Avenue" in where the Tippecanoe County courthouse is.:dunno:

Sometimes I think that this is why Lafayette is so confused at times, no one knows where he is. We all have code names for the real streets.:laugh:

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Ignore the sign and go in... not breaking any laws.. if they see your gun and ask you to leave.. leave and never go back. A gun shop that would asks you to leave for carrying is committing suicide!!.

Do the shops really want you unloading a firearm in front of the store? How many AD's are there at the Indy 1500 from this? My gun is happy and safe in its holster...no need to take it out!!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I thought that was on Earl?

BOR said 52. There's that mini-strip mall with the yummy Mexican bakery, dry cleaner and tile store on 52. Is something in there now?:dunno:

That's near my house as I am in Hedgewood but never over there during business hours.
    Kirk, The shop I happened upon was on the west side of Sagamore Parkway (commonly called "52" by us old time locals. It was just South of the cemetary. You only see their sign if you are traveling South on Sagamore Parkway and are watching very closely.
    I'm fairly certain that is the location BOR was referring to. I honestly don't remember the name.....I'm old, I have an excuse. :):

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Just today a guy me that "Wabash Avenue" in where the Tippecanoe County courthouse is.:dunno:

Sometimes I think that this is why Lafayette is so confused at times, no one knows where he is. We all have code names for the real streets.:laugh:

I'm a noob to the area....only been here a 8 1/2 years.......

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I will not name the store openly. I don't want to send them business at this time, but alternatively, if I find they've changed that policy at some future date, I don't want a search to give them no-longer-deserved bad press.

This is the only fair way I can think of to do this.

ETA: For those asking where I go, I've been to Applied Ballistics (an INGO Advertiser), Diamond V, Four Guns, Ace & Rico, Walker's, and Ram-Z, all in Lafayette, and never faced that sign. If they all posted it, I'd find a FFL who worked out of his home and was truly 2A-friendly. If I couldn't find one, I'd get my own FFL as a non-stocking dealer and do the occasional transfer. Shouldn't be too tough. I already have a C&R.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I will not name the store openly. I don't want to send them business at this time, but alternatively, if I find they've changed that policy at some future date, I don't want a search to give them no-longer-deserved bad press.

This is the only fair way I can think of to do this.

Blessings,
    Bill

Now you're going to force me to drive over by there tonight...on my way to Applied Ballistics........and that is the LONG way. ;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ignore the sign and go in... not breaking any laws.. if they see your gun and ask you to leave.. leave and never go back. A gun shop that would asks you to leave for carrying is committing suicide!!.

Do the shops really want you unloading a firearm in front of the store? How many AD's are there at the Indy 1500 from this? My gun is happy and safe in its holster...no need to take it out!!

It's not a matter of breaking laws. I know it's legal to enter past that sign. The problem is that they are telling me I'm not welcome, and I don't go places that tell me I'm unwelcome if I have a choice. As my last post indicates, I have choices.

And yes, Schafe, that is the place. For those PMing and repping to ask for the name or if it's worth it to go there, my answer would be no, it is not, but of course, that opinion is based on the sign. I have no clue as to their stock or their customer service.
    Go to one of the other places I named.
    As a mod, I'm partial to Applied Ballistics, as they're a site advertiser.
    Personally, I'm partial to them because they've always done right by me.

Hope that helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Rajos, Strictly Shooting and Red Ghost in E'ville have no problem with carrying in. Whittakers and Buck & Jakes are posted against. Whittakers has such a big selection and good prices I don't care. I'll follow their rules. And before anyone can bust me I'll say, "Baaaaa."

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    so where do you buy your guns if you won't go into a gunstore that has that posted?? i don't believe i have ever seen a shop without a sign similar to that.

Either I'm really bad at looking for those signs or I've never seen one.

Edit:

Rajos, Strictly Shooting and Red Ghost in E'ville have no problem with carrying in. Whittakers and Buck & Jakes are posted against. Whittakers has such a big selection and good prices I don't care. I'll follow their rules. And before anyone can bust me I'll say, "Baaaaa."

Crap, Whittaker has that sign? I guess I'm just bad at looking for them, because that's my go to gun shop and I've never seen the sign and carried right on in.

Top Bottom