• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    As a veteran, the name "Garrison" initially lead me to believe that it was a 1911A1 style pistol and yet when I looked, it has all the extra bells and whistles.

Then I looked up the word garrison.
    "Garrison is from the Old French verb garir, meaning "defend, protect."

Ok, fair enough.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Springfields killing me, first I need a new SA-35 'Hi-Power' and now they just announced this 'Garrison' model which is a nice blued gun (or stainless) with Novak sights and no front slide serrations, it looks great to me.

Forged Frame, and an MSRP more than $300 less than a Ruger SR1911.
    :thumbsup:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Have any hit the market yet? Definitely will get one
    My prediction is unlike the SA-35 the “Garrison” will be available in numbers like the Emmisary was (at least I saw an Emissary on shelves fairly quick)

This is because unlike the SA 35 Springfield more than likely already has 1911 frames and non forward slide serrations slides in mass. Add some loaded features and they are done.

We shall see

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My prediction is unlike the SA-35 the “Garrison” will be available in numbers like the Emmisary was (at least I saw an Emissary on shelves fairly quick)

This is because unlike the SA 35 Springfield more than likely already has 1911 frames and non forward slide serrations slides in mass. Add some loaded features and they are done.

We shall see
    I did see a couple Emissary's at the 1500, pretty nice guns and I saw they recently announced a Commander version.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis

We shall see
    playing catch up, are the SA-35s difficult to find right now?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    To many guns so little time. I'm still trying to get the Ronin 10mm and now they bring this one out. That salt bath blued pistol is a nice looking pistol.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    This is a nice variation, a lot of people don't like the front slide serrations and with the blued or polished stainless finish these will be popular i'm sure.
    Yup. I spent good money and time to ditch the ambi safety on my loaded...and I still have the front slide serrations chewing up my leather holsters. If this had been available from the get-go, I'd be money ahead. I like that they're offering it in a true blued finish, too, not parkerized like a lot of their other guns.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Yup! I'm in for a blued one for sure...whenever it actually becomes available, that is. Lately...can't even get a freaking refrigerator till after the new year it seems--and with a promised price increase to boot! Ugh! And I know it is a picky request...but I would really love one if on the slide it simply and very unobtrusively stated it was a Springfield...as in a nice "billboard-free" slide! I don't need any logos!

And that new HI Power? Yes, please!

99zhuggerz99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    To the untrained eye it seems a loaded without front slide serrations and lacking a full length guide rod.

Not familiar enough with the Range Officer (aside from knowing they had adjustable sights) but seems it’s gone and this is here.

This seems to be middle ground between the mil-spec and loaded…but at what advantage and/or disadvantage?

And noticed when comparing via their website, loaded ships with two mags; Garrison deems only one needed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Top Bottom