• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I see no sign of anything done to the gun.
    I see no improvement in ejecting cases by hand.
    I have no confidence it will run.

It will probably be a couple weeks before I can give it a workout...

-rvb

Today I was able to test fire the G34. Recall that I recently got it back from glock after sending it in for the second time.

The gun in 100% stock. It's exactly how it was returned to me from the factory, except I added a couple drops of lube. I even used the replacement mag that glock sent back.

I fired exactly ONE round. It failed to eject and jammed up, preventing me from firing a second. I cleared it and bagged it. I didn't see any point in continuing to shoot it.

I can't tell you how PO'd I am. I'm hoping to get a chance to call glock tomorrow. I won't be satisfied now unless I get a new gun.

I put approximately 200 rounds through my G19 today without a single problem.

-rvb

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Ryan,

It almost sounds as if you need to shoot a new video of the malfunctions so that you can send to glock to show them that your G34 doesn't work since they aren't doing much to fix the problem. :dunno:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    My letter to Glock

[note that I started out with a lot more colorful adjectives, but opted to go with "lemon" for a description of this gun]

[subject]: G34 - LEMON (sn: ------)

Hello,
    My Gen 3 G34 (sn: ------; purchased NEW in Dec, 2011) was recently returned to me from your warranty shop for the SECOND time due to issues with poor ejection.

It STILL does NOT run.

I took this lemon to the range (exactly how it was returned to me + a couple drops of oil) and fired exactly ONE round of factory ball, which failed to eject and jammed the gun. It seemed futile to even try to finish the magazine at that point. That one round is all that has been fired since the gun was returned.

I'm again requesting a pre-paid shipping label so that I can return this lemon for the 3rd time. I FULLY EXPECT A REPLACEMENT GUN since you don't seem to be able to trouble shoot the problem (despite the trouble shooting I've done and description of the solution I've included in previous letters).

I am a regular USPSA shooter (Master-class), and just recently decided to give Glock a try after years of competing with a different brand. This lemon G34 is wrecking my 2012 season.

I do not have this problem with any other glock I have shot. It is NOT "shooter error." Other experienced glock shooters have shot this gun and seen the same weak ejection.

I hope you are able and willing to make this right.
    Please call or email with any questions.

Sincerely,

[-rvb]

ps:
    [link to youtube vid 1]
    [link to youtube vid 2]

Last edited:

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The only proper response from them at this point had better be:

Dear Ryan,

Here is a new gun. Please let us know if you have any issues with it.

Thank you,
    Glock

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The only proper response from them at this point had better be:

Dear Ryan,

Here is a new gun. Please let us know if you have any issues with it.

Thank you,
    Glock

There was no response included, but last night I received a NEW Gen 3 G34! :)

I have confidence in this gun. If I rack out a dummy round, it actually ejects a couple feet into the air, as apposed to 1-2 inches in the old gun. New gun still has a 336 ejector. Hoping to get out this weekend (maybe Monday?) to see how it runs.

Only took ~3.5 months and 3 trips to Glock, but it appears to be resolved.

-rvb

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    There was no response included, but last night I received a NEW Gen 3 G34! :)

I have confidence in this gun. If I rack out a dummy round, it actually ejects a couple feet into the air, as apposed to 1-2 inches in the old gun. New gun still has a 336 ejector. Hoping to get out this weekend (maybe Monday?) to see how it runs.

Only took ~3.5 months and 3 trips to Glock, but it appears to be resolved.

-rvb

is it a red label? My blue label came with the newer ejector. Surprised they didn't make sure it had a new one in it.
    Then again, I have the Gen4.

Hope all goes well.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Fingers crossed you can get that baby running!! It is Thursday if you want to bring it out tonight... :)

I was seriously considering that, but I've worked late every night this week and want the fam to remember what I look like.

email me if you're interested in joining up for some practice one day this weekend (was thinking Monday am thanks to the Holiday).

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    is it a red label? My blue label came with the newer ejector. Surprised they didn't make sure it had a new one in it.
    Then again, I have the Gen4.

Hope all goes well.

Blue. and 3 new mags included as well. :cool:

-rvb

ps. what is the difference? I've heard people talk about the different labels before...

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I think they have different connectors. #3.5 in red, #4.5 in blue, other than that, I think it's the number of mags. Blue is normally what the LEO's get I think.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I think they have different connectors. #3.5 in red, #4.5 in blue, other than that, I think it's the number of mags. Blue is normally what the LEO's get I think.

New 34 had a (-) connector in the blue box. I have a new std connector on the way to experiment with. I think maybe I'm liking that better than the (-).

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    So I got a couple hundred rounds through the new gun. First 100 or so were factory. I then started burning up some old, light 115s (that I once loaded to 'feel like' my 147s to save $). I had three ejection failures with those loads; but because they are probably sub-minor, I'm not ready to blame the gun yet. But I am a bit apprehensive since the last gun didn't start consistently having problems till a few hundred rounds were down the pipe.

Ready to order sights....

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Shot the new G34 at the FWAPS practice league last night. One jam, but it wasn't an ejection problem, it was a feed problem. It was SHO and it appears the slide didn't come back all the way to properly grab the next round in the mag. Put in a 13lb recoil spring after the practice, which should help w/ these 147s to prevent that problem (and to speed up the slide and keep the port open longer which should both aid ejection).

Placed an order for a set of Warren/Sevigny competition sights, w/ the front fiber optic.

Assuming no ejection issues crop up, I'm considering it a working gun.

I put in a standard slide stop. I -may- put in a standard (non "-") connector, and do some polishing inside. But other than that, I have no other mods planned. (Dave R introduced me to the grip goo stuff. Going to try that before stippling.)

-rvb

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    since you've shot both, do you really see that much difference in shooting the 19 and the 34?

I know we get in to "longer sight radius" and what not, but I almost think I like shooting a 19 a little more.

Top Bottom