• ...and so much more!
  • David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ryan,

I'll be working on pulling strings with their former head armorer who's now running the GSSF program, a bunch of us INGOers that work the match in Indy met him a couple of years ago.

Hopefully he can help make sure you can get it taken care of.

That's what I'm talking about!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Ryan,

I'll be working on pulling strings with their former head armorer who's now running the GSSF program, a bunch of us INGOers that work the match in Indy met him a couple of years ago.

Hopefully he can help make sure you can get it taken care of.

Awesome! :cheers:

In life, it's not what you know but who you know... and sometimes just knowing people who know people. ya know?! :)

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'd send them the video too. Pictures don't lie.

That's why I took the vids this weekend, and why I made the little compliation jamming video. It's also why I re-shot stage 3 for no score, just so I could have more footage (forgot to video it the first time, and had 3 jams. re-shoot w/ video only had one problem).

-rvb

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    That's why I took the vids this weekend, and why I made the little compliation jamming video. It's also why I re-shot stage 3 for no score, just so I could have more footage (forgot to video it the first time, and had 3 jams. re-shoot w/ video only had one problem).

-rvb

I think at this point, they should just admit their fault and replace the slide or supply you with a new gun. Was this a NIB or LNIB or well used G34 (too lazy to go back to page 1)? Maybe that is why they are reluctant to replace anything if it is a well used G34:dunno:.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I think at this point, they should just admit their fault and replace the slide or supply you with a new gun. Was this a NIB or LNIB or well used G34 (too lazy to go back to page 1)? Maybe that is why they are reluctant to replace anything if it is a well used G34:dunno:.

NIB, purchased early December. I'd estimate it still has 1k or less rounds through it.
    -rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Two things accomplished today...
    1) got the G34 to the FedEX branch for its second return.
    2) somewhat spontaneously picked up a gen 3 G19.

Optimistically, when this all plays out I'll be able to use it as a back-up gun, carry gun, bedside gun, and most importantly I'll be able to practice and shoot while the 34 gets worked out. Worst case I get rid of em all and start over.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Put a couple hundred rounds thought the new G19 today. Walmart was out of whitebox, so it was all reloads (including some old 115s that are very light (sometimes don't even seal to the chamber well). The gun ran very well. Ejection was much more like it should be. Occasionally it would eject in a weird direction (right into my glasses in one case), but that was only a dozen rounds and they still ejected with authority. I was successful in making it jam, but I had to go to extremes, such as gripping extremely light and low. Gripping as high as possible and intentionally rubbing the slide didn't even cause a problem. So now I'm even more convinced its the 34 that sucks, not me. ;)

Some interesting discoveries....
    The gun will not eject if there is no mag in the gun.
    Specific to the 19, if I ever carry a spare mag, it'll be from a G17. I found it hard to seat a full mag on a speed load cause the grip is so short.

Gun was exactly how it came out of the box. I didn't even lube it.

-rvb

Last edited:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Brammer

The g34 I ordered thru glock has the same issues, hasn't jammed but extraction is weak, and 1/3 of the time it throws it back in my face.
    Craig watched today and he agreed. Only have about 50-60 rounds thru it.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The Gen4 G31 I just bought had some weird ejection as well. Not weak, but it put a few back at my head. No pattern to speak of. Seems likes it's smoothing out/wearing in, after a few hundred rounds. The first 100 or so were all over the place.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Brammer

The g34 I ordered thru glock has the same issues, hasn't jammed but extraction is weak, and 1/3 of the time it throws it back in my face.
    Craig watched today and he agreed. Only have about 50-60 rounds thru it.

Somebody that works at glock never had a Daddy that taught them "if it ain't broke don't fix it" cause they've obviously f'd up a design that used to work (or so the glock fans would have me believe ;)).

-rvb

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The Gen4 G31 I just bought had some weird ejection as well. Not weak, but it put a few back at my head. No pattern to speak of. Seems likes it's smoothing out/wearing in, after a few hundred rounds. The first 100 or so were all over the place.

Notice the ejection pattern on this gun. MUCH better than the G34 and much stronger, but still spitting 1 in 10 at my face. A few going forward, too. One went SO far forward, like 5-7 yards, I thought maybe I had shot it...

You can see in this vid 1 casing in each of the first two strings coming back just over my shoulder.

The new Gen 3 G19:
    http://youtu.be/imo-U-PkabE

This is what I want my ejection pattern to look like....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU3jceN4JAc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-rvb

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I wonder what is really different in the guns? You guys both have the gen3's... but mine ran like a champ.

I'm going to try and video my gen4 to see what pattern it's throwing.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I went a looked it is about 125-150 ( I had some loose rounds I shot)

S&B, remington, federal and some Winchester white box

Brand new out of the box with a little fp10 on the rails it was throwing 2 dribblers, I mean landing on my wrist , then 2 back in my face and 2 to the left.

Today was S&b and federal and it was back in the face and barely out to the left.

Accuracy sucks, 5 inch at 7 yards crap, all high

Top Bottom