• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You should get the 10-visit pass for $65. It's way cheaper than $20 a visit and the pass has no expiration date.

$6.50 a pop isn't bad at all for a range as nice as Eagle Creek, assuming I'm thinking of the right range. I'm thinking of the one where they held the INGO picnic this past summer.

I'm personally not used to shooting at a range with ROs anymore, but it does have it's advantages over an self-policed range. Such as not being at the 17 yard range, looking over your shoulder, and finding some delta alpha has decided that since the 25 yard range is in use, he and his girlfriend can just stand further back behind you and shoot past you....

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Yeah, I might have to go get a membership...

"Honey, I paid for the membership, I have to shoot or it's a waste of money!"

-Put that in the old excuse folder under "Ammo".

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    wow this forum is starting to go down the drain........grow up....You guys are doing what the obama admin are/is doing to people.........

This kind of hair-triggered ignorant remark is what contributes to arguments and dissension where neither is wanted or needed. What some of us are discussing is simply what was agreed upon when the pass was purchased. With you living in Ft Wayne I doubt you have a 10-visit pass or probably have even shot at ECPR so why are you even posting here?

I can't speak for anyone else but like I said, I'm not mad at all, I plan to continue to go to the range because I think it is very good. I was simply stating what I was told when I purchased the pass. Now that I know what the policy is, I'm completely fine with it. I don't think I need to "grow up" it seems you need to.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    ... I actully was thinking of finding another place since I now have to drive half an hour to get there. Anyone would recommend a place near NE side of Indy?...

Elwood Conservation Club. It's on the Tipton-Madison County line south of SR 28 (just a little southwest of Elwood) and just north of the Hamilton County line.
    $65 per yr.-100,75,50 25 and 10 yds.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wilbur Wright, north of New Castle...I hear it's nice.

Thanks! I found the description on the DNR site, but they didn't say about pricing. Some people commented on the web that it was free, and they allow rifle calibers. I've only been to Atterbury, it was pretty cheap, but wasn't free...

Elwood Conservation Club. It's on the Tipton-Madison County line south of SR 28 (just a little southwest of Elwood) and just north of the Hamilton County line.
    $65 per yr.-100,75,50 25 and 10 yds.

Thanks you! From Google map, looks like it's about an hour drive from my place, same as the Wilbur Wright range. So looks like EC or MCFG would still be viable if I want to shoot regularly. Pops is still good, but they don't stay open past 5pm now, and the hourly rate just a little too high. Actually their ammo price was the real bummer. Last time I was there, a box of S&B .45 230gr FMJ, was $40! I swallowed and bought one box, as my 1911 was crying out loud to come out and play...

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Pops is still good, but they don't stay open past 5pm now, and the hourly rate just a little too high.

They don't stay open past 5 PM anymore? During the week or weekends or what? I'd hate to run home after work, grab my gear and head over and find out they were closed. :xmad:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Pop's is open passed 5:00pm. Not sure where that came from, but i was shooting there one night last week and I didn't leave until close to 6:30pm. From their web site, hours listed are:

Mon 1:00pm - 7:00pm
    Tue - Sat 10:00am - 7:00pm
    Sun 11:00am - 5:00pm

Top Bottom