• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I'll sacrifice my employment with this, who cares at this point: I work 60-70 hours a week at various jobs to pay the bills. Then, I work the range on top of that so that folks can have an inexpensive, yet safe place to shoot. There are some folks that work more than that and still show up to be volunteers. VOLUNTEERS! NO PAY! If it was not for our work, folks would be stuck with Don's or other options that are far more congested during the weekends.

Simply put: Don't like the policies, go somewhere else. I get arguements more and more lately (must be recession, plus new shooters, plus general degredation of folk's mindsets in hard times) and frankly dont have the time to listen to it anymore. If you want to air your complaint on public forum without talking to the boss, what do you expect to accomplish? Maybe a reminder for future reference: take the high road and exhaust all options before resorting to smear campaigns (yes, campaigns, this has been a long drawn out thing with you).

I am going to follow Steve's concept now: Rules followed to the T. Folks will call it mean. Folks will call it callous. I may lose some good friends from that, but that's the ropes. It's all chicken, even the beak.

My two cents.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    To the guys who volunteer at ECPR , you guys ROCK ! :rockwoot:

Of the few times my range behavior needed to be corrected you guys always done it a respectful / professional manner .

IMO , ECPR is the BEST place in the INDY area , PERIOD .

It's definitely the only place in town I feel safe when shooting with strangers and at $20 per person for a WHOLE DAY , it's a steal !

To the OP , on the ECPR site is a link to email them where you should've taken your problems .

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    IMO it was a mistake made by both partys. Now great people who need to stick together and fight for a common cause are now fighting and bickering. It was a mistake made by everyone the OP and people at ECPR....I think both of you should pm each other and apoligize. This sounds like a nice range but dont post offers than only you can offer and not expect your wonderful volunteers can offer. This post should have happened after the head RO was contacted and the problem wasnt resolved. Guys stick together.

We must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately.
    - Benjamin Franklin

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Maybe a reminder for future reference: take the high road and exhaust all options before resorting to smear campaigns (yes, campaigns, this has been a long drawn out thing with you).

Wow, smear campaign??? You are definitely ahead of me now. I'm never that "good"...

To everyone saying I should have take it privately to Steve, with PM or something, before coming out into the forum, here's why: Because there's really NOTHING private in here, I believe. I don't know Steve personally, and I never believe that his policy of one punch for sharing the same lane was designed specifically for doing me a favor. He wasn't even the first RO that I asked this question about sharing the lane, and got the same answer from. I got this answer, this treatment from many who worked at EC, for the most of the past year and half or so. I believe they do this to everyone, it IS their policy (now WAS). If it were a special deal that Steve offered me, I'd never come out like this, but PM him and say "Hey, remember our secret deal? I've been getting it for a year but now your guys don't honour it any more. What's up with that?". But that's just not the case. That's why I tell everyone I know why I shoot at EC. The sharing of the same lane for the same cost, is the best part that attacted to me. It helps to conserve ammo (we talk more and shoot less. I can't afford as much ammo as I'd like to shoot), for the same cost as me shooting alone. So by the end of the hour, I ended up with a few rounds left, and a much satisfying experience. I tell other people about this and encourage them to shoot at EC, especially if they are in the same financial situation as I am. That's why I have to know how the rules really work there...

I thought, after last weekend, that what happened could be either one of two possibilities: that either the person punching the card didn't know how the rules worked (a fluke, like what happened last year), or the rules have really changed. If Steve replies, then it's the final answer. If not, and there are more people post here saying they got the same two-hole treatment, then it must be a real rule change that have happened. Either way, I'll follow the rules. But I have to find out what it is. Can't tell others the wrong info. By reporting what I experienced here, same purpose as people reporting how they experienced FTF deals in the Good, Bad, and Ugly section, others will know how those actually shoot at EC are treated. It's FYI for the those never shot there. If I were a free loader, that I just want things without paying, I'd grab the "next time it's on me" offer from Steve last year already long time ago...

Anyway, I don't hold any grudge against Disposable Heart. You are interpreting the rules as you were told to. Like you said, don't like the policies, go somewhere else. I will, after this 10-visit pass has been used up. No one want to be somewhere they are not welcome. I actully was thinking of finding another place since I now have to drive half an hour to get there. Anyone would recommend a place near NE side of Indy? I know, I'll check the sticky posts and so forth. I live near 75th and Shadeland. I can't shoot during the week (otherwise I'd joined the MCFG long time ago. MCFG almost always has some event on weekend, so member can't shoot there. OTOH, EC is only open on weekend, worked perfectly for me. Though now MCFG is even further away from me). Thanks!...

Last edited:

TripleL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    The Rockies
    To be honest, I don't always follow the rules, and people have come to expect my kindness for the norm.

No longer. There will be strict intrepertation of the rules from this point on, no exceptions.

Darn it!

I'll sacrifice my employment with this, who cares at this point

A lot of us do.

The crew who runs ECPR is one of the reasons my friends and I enjoy going there. Depending on how busy the range is, whether we get single or double-punched is really not a big deal because it's still way cheaper than anywhere else, and it's for the whole day! Whether you fire one round every minute or unload several mags in the same time it's still the same price. The lane is yours only as long as your ammo lasts. I've never done it before but anyone can make an ammo run if so inclined. Compare that to Pop's and you can see how ECPR is a huge benefit for us all.

At Pop's, one continuous to get charged until a staffer pulls your Driver's License from the board. The last time I shot there to test a recent purchase, I made sure I did not exceed a half hour. There were two customers in front of me and the RO was on the phone. By the time I got to the front to pay, another 15 minutes had gone by and I was charged for it. I haven't been back since.

To the staff at ECPR, you can't please everybody but don't punish everyone else who appreciate you because of the actions of a few.

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Somebody getting bent out of shape for $13.00 for a whole day of range access should take up a less expensive hobby, anyway. Good luck finding a better deal.

And you wonder why kindness is rare. You have a petty problem with the staff, and instead of taking it up with the staff, you whine on a public forum. No good deed goes unpunished, indeed. Do the rules say "per person?" Then consider the days when 2 shoot for the price of 1 a gift. I'm with DH on this one. Whiners can go pound sand, in my book. Probably why I've never worked in customer service. :):

13dollars.jpg

runawayb.gif

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to all of those who have posted that they enjoy the shooting experience at ECPR. We try to be fair to those who shoot there and I think a majority of people that come out agree that it is a great place to shoot at a decent price. I think the staff also appreciates any POSITIVE feedback to improve our facility. If the rules are not clear cut then we will work diligently to improve that at the range. We will also try to be more consistent with the rules that are in place. We hope that everyone that comes out can enjoy their experience and feel like they are being treated fairly. Come out and shoot and let us know what you think.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I had the range part of my safety class at ECPR. Seemed like a good place to shoot and a good group of range officers. If I lived closer, I'd def be there more often.

Also, I think other ranges also charge an extra fee for a second/third shooter on the same lane (I know pops charges $5/hour for a 2nd shooter, even if shooter 1 is a member).

I hope all is settled now. It's not unreasonable for EC to charge for a second shooter IMHO. I would also say that I understand the OP confusion/expectations. Now the rules are crystal clear. I hope to shoot at ECPR again soon.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    POP's is closer to you but you but they SUCK !

I don't really understand why Pop's gets such a bad rap on here.

I joined their range for $150 for the year. I usually go on my lunch hours and have the place to myself and don't pay anything more unless I take a 2nd shooter. That's not a bad deal people. $150 for the year and shoot during the week for free. On weekends, it's $6/hr instead of the $19 for non-members.

Granted, it seems to be an older range and I wish it had better lighting (or I wish I had better eyes), but it serves it's purpose, the price is more than fair, and the staff have always been friendly to me.

I didn't buy either of my guns there because I felt I found better deals elsewhere. But the range has a really bad rep for some reason. I've never felt unsafe at all.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I'm not angry but it was not clear cut for me. Before I purchased my pass I specifically asked if it would cost more to bring other people if we both shot in the same lane and I was told (paraphrasing) "no, being able to share your pass is one of the best things".

The first time I brought someone with me to shoot, only one hole was punched in my card. I went shooting about a month or so ago again with a friend and didn't even pay attention to the card as I assumed it was only punched once. After getting my card out just now I realize it was punched twice.

Like I said, I'm not mad, just agree that there is some inconsistency there. It's not a huge deal I just need to let people know if the go with me to shoot that they need to pay their way.

I would also like to add that my experience with ECPR has been very positive. The prices can't be beat anywhere in this area and the staff is top notch. Very professional and friendly, and if you have a question they don't treat you like an idiot like some people with big ego's do.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    ECPR has been a long time friend of INGO. Great people run by a fearless leader (Steve) and an excellent range. We are lucky to have the range and the guys who work there!

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    $150 a year for pops is cheap if you go twice a month, not bad if you go once. I haven't been there in a LONG time though, I don't know how nice the facility is, it didn't used to be that bad. There needs to be a nice place like ECPR (indoor or outdoor) on the NE side.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I shot at ECPR on Saturday after I visited the 1500. BeeRian was there along with some other RO's that I don't know, they are always pleasant and good to talk to. It's the first time I shot there since I took the NRA Basic Pistol Course with sjstill and BeeRian in October of 2008. PopGuns is closer to me (Fishers) but I want to start going to ECPR more often because:

A) I like shooting outdoors and PopGuns ventilation is lacking.
    B) It's cheaper, $20 shoot all day!
    C) If you don't go to PopGuns during the week you have to wait like an hour
    on the weekend.
    D) As a gun newb, I always enjoy seeing other peoples different hardware.
    E) The range is ran very safe in my opinion.

This doesn't mean I will stop going to PopGuns (it's much closer and I like looking at their hardware) but I just bought some Blazer Brass cheap for my Glock 23 and you cannot shoot aluminum casings at PopGuns. So my next few outings will be at ECPR.

Top Bottom