New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    So, 30 days.

I guess this means by the time the courts get to it, it will be over, and the courts will rule there is no "standing"?
    If it drags out that long, they'll attempt to get it "mooted" by the order expiring. However there's a plethora of case law that can be used to block a "moot" dismissal as governments in the past have abused that to reverse something just long enough to get it tossed as "moot" and then going right back to redoing it again. Most courts recognize this and will let the plaintiffs proceed toward a permanent injunction to prevent future occurrence.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Let the Federal Lawsuits Begin!
    Two emergency Federal lawsuits were filed on Saturday, September 9th in the Federal District Court of New Mexico in Albuquerque (there's only one district).

1. National Association for Gun Rights v. Grisham:
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67779183/national-association-for-gun-rights-v-grisham/

Several downloadable documents there include the NAGR complaint, the Governor's Executive Order and the Temporary Restraining Order motion. This time I'm not providing individual links to them as they're all at the top in the first couple of minute entries. This one was obviously assembled in a hurry. I expect more documents from NAGR will be forthcoming. Trigger Warning: they're PDFs.

2. Donk (and GOA/GOF) v. Grisham:
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67779443/donk-v-grisham/

This one initiated by GOA/GOF appears to have more meat on it at the outset. As with the NAGR, I'm not providing individual document links as they're also at the top of the minute entries. It also contains has the Governor's Executive Order plus some additional, related New Mexico State Government documents. Yes, they're all PDFs.

Happy Sunday reading . . .
    I found them quickly by doing a Court Listener search for all lawsuits/cases initiated in the NM District Court from Friday (Sep 8th) through today (Sep 10th). I anticipate more will dog pile today and especially on Monday.

In their WOKE madness, New Mexico repealed/removed its "Qualified Immunity" statutes protecting state and local government officials and employees individually from civil tort claims. I've little doubt this is one of the reasons the Albuquerque PD Chief and County Sheriff are stating they're not going to enforce the Governor's Emergency Order. My crystal ball shows Karma rapidly approaching on the horizon for the Governor and her WOKE Minions that concocted it.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My perfect world dream:

Step 1: Local law enforcement in Albuquerque follows the governors order and leaves their guns at the armory while displaying dual upturned middle digits in the direction of the state house.

Step 2: Tens of thousands of really pissed New Mexico residents (along with any other US citizens) converge on the state house carrying openly, concealed, however they want per the second amendment. This “peaceful siege” goes on long enough for the governor to get the message.

Step 3: When the governor finally comes out, she is tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail.

Hey, I can dream, right?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

At least the police understand the Constitution. From the article:

"Lujan Grisham said state police would be responsible for enforcing what amount to civil violations. Albuquerque police Chief Harold Medina said he won't enforce it, and Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said he's uneasy about it because it raises too many questions about constitutional rights."

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I thought it was a good sign.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Let the Federal Lawsuits Begin!

In their WOKE madness, New Mexico repealed/removed its "Qualified Immunity" statutes protecting state and local government officials and employees individually from civil tort claims. I've little doubt this is one of the reasons the Albuquerque PD Chief and County Sheriff are stating they're not going to enforce the Governor's Emergency Order. My crystal ball shows Karma rapidly approaching on the horizon for the Governor and her WOKE Minions that concocted it.
    Seems like that goes in the “win” column for removing QI.

Also seems like the US Attorney should be prosecuting her for depriving citizens of a constitutional right. Oh wait, Garland, never mind.

Top Bottom