• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks Bill. Yes the LTCH holder must be an IN resident. Sorry I saw Columbus and assumed Scott was an Indiana resident.

Towards Scott. Why don't you go ahead and get the Florida license.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Did anyone else take the time to call Gov. Pence and ask him to sign the letter? It could be your call that puts it over the top...

And when that happens, we will have 31 states including ours that recognize our LTCH

The remaining exceptions will be
    CA, CT, DE, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MN, NE, NV, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, WA (19) (38%)

And the states that respect us as valid will be:
    AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NH, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI, WY (31) (62%)

Can we get OH? or ME? I don't see the others as too likely, but I'd love to be wrong.

Blessings,
    Bill

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I just emailed the governor about WV myself. We're heading to NC for a vacation this summer, and while Ohio is easy enough to avoid on the way down, WV is not. Maybe if we leverage the number of folks here on INGO to bombard the Gov's office with enough emails, letters and phone calls he can take 5 minutes to write a letter and get us to leave him alone?

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    What Andy said. The new CC law in Ill says that you may be armed in your vehicle with an out of state LTCH. You must, however, secure it in your vehicle prior to exiting for any reason.

I must have missed this the first time I read this post. Great news as we have property in Galena, IL. My question concerns Chicago - does that rule still apply in the city limits?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Always good info to know, especialy about Ohio and Illinois, since I am from Michigan, but choose to live in Indiana, Ohio is hostile territory to me anyway and I do stay out of it as much as possible. However, in the summer I cut across the top of it on my way to the family reunion in southern Michigan, and will just have to be concious that I better lock it all up, when getting into Angola, before I cross over.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Personally (and i heard from a birdie) I don't think you'll see Ohio recognize Indiana's LTCH because of the training requirement.

Well the current legislation being considered says "automatic reciprocity" in the summary. The only thing I can get from that is "if you honor us we honor you". Indiana honors Ohio so if I'm right they would honor us.

Top Bottom