• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Looks like 4 of us have contacted the Governor in the last 3 days about sending a formal letter to W. Virginia. I bet if we got 100 this week to contact him, he'd go ahead and send the letter...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I usually only hit Ohio in the summer months, and it's usualy on a motorcycle. So as long as I keep it OC, no worries? Sweet!

No, their definition of concealing even includes vehicles which don't conceal. You'd have to unload and stow just like a car when riding.

While their unlicensed carry laws are less restrictive than Indiana, they are still fairly ridiculous.

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    No, their definition of concealing even includes vehicles which don't conceal. You'd have to unload and stow just like a car when riding.

While their unlicensed carry laws are less restrictive than Indiana, they are still fairly ridiculous.

That is such a ******* rule. If I am able to OC even on a motorcycle, then what's different than walking down the street OC? May, glad I don't go to Ohio often, and it's about to get even less...

my64rox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Hammond
    so being an IN resident with a UT permit I can legally conceal carry in Ohio ?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I sent a similar letter back in December, and the following was what came in in response to that letter, the day after I sent the one above:

We recently received a copy of your email regarding West Virginia. We found the same information on the West Virginia firearms website (See Below). We do not believe there is much the Indiana State Police can do to cause reciprocity by West Virginia of Indiana’s firearms license. As indicated Indiana already recognizes West Virginia’s License. All it would take is the written reciprocity agreement as you stated.

This email will be forwarded to the Legal Staff for Firearms Licensing for their advice on how to proceed. If we hear any further we will let you know.

Indiana State Police

I replied and confirmed that all that is needed is for the governor to send the letter. Hopefully, if that comes from them, he will believe it and DO it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Scott26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Columbus
    Regarding Florida. Does florida only honor Indiana LTCH issued to Indiana residents? Planning a trip and want to make sure. That matches what I have researched but any input would be appreciated

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not quite, Vert.

Answer PMd to the member:

Per handgunlaw.us, Florida only honors resident licenses from the states they honor. That is, they'll honor an IN LTCH if IN is your state of residence only.

For a more official reference, here is the page on Florida's website: States Recognizing Florida License / Concealed Weapon License / Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

and the text on that page:
    (6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

Hope that helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

In Reply to your post [post=4783764]#4783764[/post]
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: qpipm_quote -->
    Regarding Florida. Does florida only honor Indiana LTCH issued to Indiana residents? Planning a trip and want to make sure. That matches what I have researched but any input would be appreciated
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: qpipm_quote -->

Florida honors IN license. You have to abide by their state laws.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom