• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Are you from Indiana, and are you coming BACK to Indiana? How long have you been in China?

How did you end up in China? Is your housing provided for you, or are you left to fend for yourself?

Did you have guns before you went to China?

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    Hey. I ended up here because I planned to move to Africa after college, but God had something else in mind for me :) I was born in Oregon, but am I coming back to Indiana, well, that depends. :) I have been in China since August 9th, so almost 5 months now Yes, housing is provided. :).

Are you from Indiana, and are you coming BACK to Indiana? How long have you been in China?

How did you end up in China? Is your housing provided for you, or are you left to fend for yourself?

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    Oh and... No. I did not own a gun before coming to China. I WANTED to, but I could not afford it. Darn tuition! I hope to get one as soon as possible after I return. I might have one waiting for me when I return if I win the INGO contest! *hopes so!*

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    Dang, you should have taken advantage of that gig, it's amazing and life-changing to come to a different country/culture to help them... Oh and how do you tell if a person is a man or a woman on this website if they do not have a picture posted of themselves?

Welcome welcome from SW Indiana. I'm not a teacher per se as in the credentialed type, but I do teach regularly. I almost had a gig lined up last year to teach SAR in China :)

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Dang, you should have taken advantage of that gig, it's amazing and life-changing to come to a different country/culture to help them... Oh and how do you tell if a person is a man or a woman on this website if they do not have a picture posted of themselves?

For some reason which I have not discerned, most of the women on here seem to indicate such in their username. I dunno why, I would have thought most women on a gun site would have to preferred to keep that fact out of the spotlight so as to not attract undue attention.

Do you ever talk about guns to people over there? I was curious what the average person's attitude was about firearms, and firearm ownership.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

I would have gone but the other side fell through. I've traveled a lot in the world in my life and it is indeed life-changing, especially when you get to do it young enough to see that people are pretty much people wherever you go.

As far as gender goes, since about 98% of the site is male, you can make a fair assumption. For those who aren't obvious with a pic, you can usually tell within a few posts ;)

I'm assuming that since you have a similar screen name as another respected poster here who is also in your friends list that the two of you are acquainted? :D

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    My wife taught English in China many years ago. She is from the Shanghai area and we have lots of friends and family scattered throughout China. If you need anything there let me know and we probably know someone that can help you.

Travel around the country as much as you can. Try to avoid the tourist places and get someone to take you out into the country side..then you will see the real China.
    Try all the foods that they offer you...but you might not want to ask what it is until after you eat it!

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    So you are not a woman then? What if they don't imply it in their username? Is there another way to tell right off the bat? That could be something that the INGO site takes into account, I think it would be nice to be able to know the sex of a person with one glance, but that's just me. And hey--maybe we LIKE the attention? Lol. And YES! I talk to my students about guns all the time. I always ask them what they think of them. They always give answers like, "we do not need guns here, it's peaceful, blah blah blah." Haha. Peaceful or not, I would feel better if I was carrying as I am walking alone in downtown Beijing!

For some reason which I have not discerned, most of the women on here seem to indicate such in their username. I dunno why, I would have thought most women on a gun site would have to preferred to keep that fact out of the spotlight so as to not attract undue attention.

Do you ever talk about guns to people over there? I was curious what the average person's attitude was about firearms, and firearm ownership.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Welcome to INGO...

To the rest of you guys.... Y'all SUCK!!!!

I remember my welcome post had like 12 replies in 24 hours. She has gotten 4 pages in under an hour.

I want boobs because I want all the attention too!!!!!

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    Yes, that is something I've come to realize since living here... People are people no matter what or where. We are all the same. We all think prettymuch the same and we all are in need of a Savior... I am so glad for this experience, I will never be the same...

And ohh okay. 98% eh? Guess I am at the right website then, haha! :P

And yeah...Caleb is my boyfriend. But right now it'd be nice to not feel like I do... :/

I would have gone but the other side fell through. I've traveled a lot in the world in my life and it is indeed life-changing, especially when you get to do it young enough to see that people are pretty much people wherever you go.

As far as gender goes, since about 98% of the site is male, you can make a fair assumption. For those who aren't obvious with a pic, you can usually tell within a few posts ;)

I'm assuming that since you have a similar screen name as another respected poster here who is also in your friends list that the two of you are acquainted? :D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Welcome to INGO...

To the rest of you guys.... Y'all SUCK!!!!

I remember my welcome post had like 12 replies in 24 hours. She has gotten 4 pages in under an hour.

I want boobs because I want all the attention too!!!!!

Were you writing back to each person who responded to you? Didja post something interesting that you were doing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom