• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You can get any results you WANT by asking the questions in a certain way and/or to certain groups.
    I place as much trust in polls as I do accuracy of guns. Accuracy being determined by the "human factor"

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'd darn near bet my house that more people in this country are in favor of most if not all proposed gun control legislation. There has been a tremendous shift in this country with more and more people concentrates in larger liberal leaning cities, continually growing immigrant population that also tends to be more liberal. Not to mention the media portraying guns negatively everyday.

We have the second amendment and a community that is willing to be involved and vigilant.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    "The legislation was spurred by the Newtown, Connecticut school shooting in December that left 20 children and 6 adults dead."

I like how everyone says this is a result of the Newtown tragedy when the legislation was already prepared over a year ago, just waiting for the opportune time.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Question? Where was this poll conducted.......California, New York, In the Heartland.......or nation wide? I do not feel that 1,000 people polled accurately portray's the whole of the nation. If they want a real poll to be taken they should just try and repeal the 2nd and see if they get the 2/3rds needed instead of polling 1,000 people regardless of political affiliation to try and shift public opinion into supporting an unconstitutional laws.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'd darn near bet my house that more people in this country are in favor of most if not all proposed gun control legislation. There has been a tremendous shift in this country with more and more people concentrates in larger liberal leaning cities, continually growing immigrant population that also tends to be more liberal. Not to mention the media portraying guns negatively everyday.

We have the second amendment and a community that is willing to be involved and vigilant.
    I agree with you. I don't doubt it a bit that the majority are in favor of more legislation. The amount of misinformation amongst non-gun owners is just ridiculous. Talk to some of them sometime. Many, if not most, do not know the difference between semi-auto and full-auto!

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    Question? Where was this poll conducted.......California, New York, In the Heartland.......or nation wide? I do not feel that 1,000 people polled accurately portray's the whole of the nation. If they want a real poll to be taken they should just try and repeal the 2nd and see if they get the 2/3rds needed instead of polling 1,000 people regardless of political affiliation to try and shift public opinion into supporting an unconstitutional laws.
    THIS!:+1:

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It's like when Michael Moore says '200,000,000 people want strict gun laws.' Yet forgets to mention that like 100,000,000 of them can't even own firearms in the first place (KIDS ELDERLY and the FELONS or People in Prison) . I never trust the MSM no matter what comes out of their mouths, FOX, and the like. I trust my eyes ears and history.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I really don't give a damn what the majority of Americans think or want. Our gun rights are natural rights given at birth. Natural rights!!! They are not up for change or abolishment period. These people want to keep poking the dog and I will feel no sympathy when they get bitten.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I really don't give a damn what the majority of Americans think or want. Our gun rights are natural rights given at birth. Natural rights!!! They are not up for change or abolishment period. These people want to keep poking the dog and I will feel no sympathy when they get bitten.
    We don't care about the majority opinion, but politicians do. Politicians make the laws. We could vote them out, but they pander to the majority which keeps them in power. See the problem we face?

BlackGun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012

Agree! :yesway:

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    The Bill of Rights is to protect the rights of the individual, even when those rights are not "popular".

The Constitution was designed as a document whereby the citizen restrained the state, not the inverse, for a reason.

Whether the state will respect that, and whether the citizen will tolerate it, will come to light in the days ahead.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We don't care about the majority opinion, but politicians do. Politicians make the laws. We could vote them out, but they pander to the majority which keeps them in power. See the problem we face?

Sounds like a politician reeducation program is in order then. Or we could just stop voting for the politicians like you describe. If their crave to stay in power is higher than doing what's right then they are no true public servants they are self servants. Time to find a new job.

Once the majority of people find that their foot stomping fit throwing tantrums no longer work they will fall into line. We have to treat the general public just like a child. There are rules and laws to obey.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    All part of the Public Relations program to force gun control. Obama and Biden both have said they will do EVERYTHING they can to make it happen.

Alricon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    I find it ironic that I have more faith in a politician in general then I do a journalist these days.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    When are they going to do a poll on free speech or freedom of religion and see of the "public" want more restrictions on those rights? Whoever would create such a poll has a skewed understanding of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights to begin with.

Top Bottom