• ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Bleh. Entirely useless information.

1,000 people out of 300,000,000, that's 0.00000333% of the population. What significance is that? None. IMO, less than none.

Polls and surveys are ALMOST always skewed to the agenda of the pollster. Who wrote the poll, who conducted it, where was it conducted, how were respondents selected, what pre-poll 'selection qualifier' questions were asked?

Matter of fact, it's very, very difficult to write a survey that ISN'T biased toward the authors personal slant. Not impossible, but extremely difficult, even if the intent ISN'T to slant the results.

I was never asked to participate in this poll. Anyone here? No?

Polls aren't worth the paper they're printed on, or not printed on.

Poll 1 million people from each State, make sure it covers the different party associations including non-voters, then let's see what we have.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The big difference that I think most of the politicians realize is that we will vote for and support politicians that stand up for our RKBA and we will fight against those that don't. The people who are for gun control, really don't care as much.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    The big difference that I think most of the politicians realize is that we will vote for and support politicians that stand up for our RKBA and we will fight against those that don't. The people who are for gun control, really don't care as much.

This is an excellent point that is often diluted when looking at simple polls....

Holding a belief does not equate to it being of great importance to an individual.

In my experience, individuals that support the second amendment seem to hold the issue to a greater priority than the average citizen that agrees with new gun control measures - at least in general. While some citizens that agree with enacting new gun control measures consider it of great importance, this subset seems to be the minority.

The political backlash in 1994 should serve as a reminder to those in office who consider enacting new gun control measures.

The distance people are willing to go to support an idea is often times more important than the size of the crowd.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I was recently in a meeting of conservative business leaders. Approximately 200 persons were in attendance. I know most of the attendees personally, and estimate the audience to be 85% Republican. The speaker asked how many present favored more strict gun control measures. 95% of the hands went up.

My hand...that of the token INGO liberal Democrat...stayed down. Go figure. :dunno:

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I really don't give a damn what the majority of Americans think or want. Our gun rights are natural rights given at birth. Natural rights!!! They are not up for change or abolishment period. These people want to keep poking the dog and I will feel no sympathy when they get bitten.

^THIS
    Plugged in to a Marshall and cranked up to 11.:ingo:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I agree with you. I don't doubt it a bit that the majority are in favor of more legislation. The amount of misinformation amongst non-gun owners is just ridiculous. Talk to some of them sometime. Many, if not most, do not know the difference between semi-auto and full-auto!
    The thing that really scares me is not only do they not understand what gun control legislation really is or how it will affect our country in a bad way, when you try and explain it to them, they just don't care.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wherever the poll data was collected, it is concerning. It reinforces the fact that the country as a whole is changing. People do not want to defend themselves or trust themselves in situations outside of the daily grind. Most people are so far removed from danger that they truly believe they will never need to defend themselves. Denial and a belief of the country's invincibility also play a factor. Maybe Israel (Germany too if I remember correctly?) has it right with mandatory military service. Opinion is based on experience, always. I can actually understand (not condone) why many people believe that owning a firearm is unnecessary. Very few of my friends own them--they even have children in their households (I do not). They have never been exposed to danger, so what's the need?

Eventually, the majority always gets what the majority wants. Too many people that don't think guns are necessary anymore? They will be taken away. I will hold onto my firearms and protect my family no matter what. It is going to be a rough ride in the future for people who want to protect their families and themselves.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The same polls, and the same dire numbers, even worse numbers, were being trumpeted by the same old tired organs of oppression back in the '70's and again in the '90's. They were hogwash then, and they're hogwash now. Most people may be fine with "gun control" until you tell them how it affects them, no private sales or no cheap AR's or no cheap ammo. When gun owners do our job in spreading the word, we move mountains.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The thing that really scares me is not only do they not understand what gun control legislation really is or how it will affect our country in a bad way, when you try and explain it to them, they just don't care.
    This is what we're really up against. Ignorance. All that's spewed by talking heads is "sensible gun control" but the truth is that there is no sensible gun control. Control is an illusion.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom