• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    the one I support is to add a week for doe only, but allow any method including firearms to take does only..

there was 26 topics that they had to work through.. so not a lot of detail on each..

I was rather unhappy to see that there was no one there to speak for the interests of the guy who wanted to fill his freezer..

Just guys that wanted to have a trophy mount..

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    the one I support is to add a week for doe only, but allow any method including firearms to take does only..

there was 26 topics that they had to work through.. so not a lot of detail on each..

I was rather unhappy to see that there was no one there to speak for the interests of the guy who wanted to fill his freezer..

Just guys that wanted to have a trophy mount..

Thanks, just curious.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I know what you mean JT: They can hang us together!

Iv met a LOT of bowhunters that are just like you say. One of them was my room mate my first year of college! The attitude is that bow hunting is hard and takes tallent, while gun hunting is easy and only a no-skill looser who isnt capable of bowhunting would ever use a gun. :rolleyes:

Iv heard more tame version of that comment from a LOT of bowhunters; it gets real old real fast.

I was rather unhappy to see that there was no one there to speak for the interests of the guy who wanted to fill his freezer...Just guys that wanted to have a trophy mount..

We need to face the fact that the state runs conservation as a buisness. The trophy-hunter mentality brings in the money not only for the state but for a dozen dependent industries and countless retailers. They don't care about meat hunters because meat hunters don't bring in enough money to be worth their time.

Last edited:

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I know what you mean JT: They can hang us together!

Iv met a LOT of bowhunters that are just like you say. One of them was my room mate my first year of college! The attitude is that bow hunting is hard and takes tallent, while gun hunting is easy and only a no-skill looser who isnt capable of bowhunting would ever use a gun. :rolleyes:

Iv heard more tame version of that comment from a LOT of bowhunters; it gets real old real fast.

We need to face the fact that the state runs conservation as a buisness. The trophy-hunter mentality brings in the money not only for the state but for a dozen dependent industries and countless retailers. They don't care about meat hunters because meat hunters don't bring in enough money to be worth their time.

It is a vicious cycle, with out the idiots that are combined with the rest of the hunters in the "trophy-hunter mentality" you would lose retail jobs at places like Dicks, Gander, Bass Pro. These places sad make a large chunk of change for people that believe that you have to be 100% scent-free, have the latest technical advances in GPS, the comforts of you Lazy-Boy in a tree stand, etc.. But they do create jobs.

I will admit that I am after a wall-mounter, no question about it, BUT that kill is more a target of oppritunity. I am there to fill my freezer and most of all enjoy my time out in the wild.

Top Bottom