• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    I just moved from Georgia to Madison, IN and I would like to know what I need to do to get a concealed carry permit. I have one for Georgia and Indiana honors a Georgia permit, but now that am a Hoosier, what do I need to do to become licensed in Indiana?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    ISP: Firearms Licensing

Welcome to Indiana! Start here to get your License to Carry a Handgun. Some people (me) get upset if you call it a permit. (I'll let it go. This time.)

Fill out the online application, then go to your local police dept. Do you have your IN Operator Driver License?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :popcorn:

Ok, I'll go.

There is a sticky on how to get your LTCH at the top of this very sub-forum.

It's a license to carry a handgun here in Indiana, not a permit.

Indiana is silent on the issue of concealed vs open carry, so with the LTCH you can carry as you wish.

EDIT: damn, double scooped. That's what I get for trying to be nice and give good info. I should have left it at popcorn. :D

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    Thanks for the information. I will be careful to use the proper term (license) in the future. "Permit" comes from the days back when we went to the Ordinary's office (probate judge) and got what was called a "Pistol toter's permit". Had to get a property owner of "good report" to sign a $250.00 bond for you. No BG checks, no waiting period, and it was renewable every five years. Cost $5.00 and you could concealed or open carry. Handguns were not allowed in churches, government offices, schools, or bars unless you were on legal business.

Top Bottom