• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Around 40 New Black Panther Party members took to the streets of Austin, Texas to condemn recent killings of black civilians. Armed with high caliber weapons, they said they aimed to patrol their own communities and encourage the taking up of arms.

“Our initiative is for black men and women to start arming themselves and for us to start patrolling our own communities. That way we have a visual, we have an eye on what is going on in our neighborhoods. So our mission is to arm every black man that can legally be armed throughout the Unites States of America,”

http://rt.com/usa/241537-black-panther-arms-usa/

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Um.....are we supposed to have a problem with members of a neighborhood being armed and looking after their neighbors?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The thugs are already armed. If their victims are now also armed, the thugs might have to find a new line of work. As for duking it out with the police, the people who are inclined to do that are probably already carrying and causing trouble.

This seems to be what we address here as desirable, that the people take responsibility for their safety and their neighborhoods.

And it puts the NBP at odds with the 'progressives' and their ilk. Several of the quotes, however, only mention arming men and not women. So where are the feminists on this one?

Seems like win-win to me...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Um.....are we supposed to have a problem with members of a neighborhood being armed and looking after their neighbors?

So the idea of arming themselves is to protect their neighborhoods seems good. The idea was sparked by the deaths such as Michael Brown.

So is their goal to protect their neighborhoods against thugs and thieves regardless of race?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    While on the surface most of us agree with the premise that everyone who can legally possess firearms should possess them for the protection of themselves and their loved ones, I suspect the NBP folks have a different target set in mind rather than thugs and thieves in The 'Hood. However, it's their right to talk all they want; I won't care unless they start targeting innocents.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Heck, none of us INGOers should unilaterally be deciding guilt or innocence in RL, either.

Except within the context of INGO of course.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would LOVE to see how black people being armed, and carrying, at the same rates as white people do, would be received by the public. I refuse to OC simply because I want to avoid the headache.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So the idea of arming themselves is to protect their neighborhoods seems good. The idea was sparked by the deaths such as Michael Brown.

So is their goal to protect their neighborhoods against thugs and thieves regardless of race?

They see Michael Brown as a victim because they were not present when Michael Brown, by all reliable accounts, became an attacker and will not recognize what really happened.

Presumably, anyone carrying a gun legally for defense of self and others will, ya know, actually be there when and if they have to act in such defense. Actually seeing what goes on has a miraculous way of helping you sort aggressor from victim, regardless of race. We have seen how some training changes perspective and I believe that the NBP may have their minds opened as well. Whether they admit it or not.....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    So our mission is to arm every black man that can legally be armed throughout the Unites States of America,”

The NRA has been saying that for many years.

So would the reaction be the same if we swapped the NBP with the Klan in this story?

Of course my reaction would be the same. Those who don't want the state to violate both their first and second amendment rights.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yes.

How many times have we said it when defending 2A rights? You can't prohibit hypothetical behavior.

Everyone legally able to carry a firearm that chooses to do so should be afforded the opportunity. If they abuse that right and commit a crime THEN and only then, should they suffer the consequences.

Top Bottom