• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    The few Hispanics that I know all have decent looking cars but they were all bought blown up, wrecked, etc and then fixed by themselves on the cheap so you can't judge on cars alone.

Whatever is going on, no kid needs a roll like that. Trust your instinct.

No packages moving around you say? That doesn't mean ****. Alot of dealers won't crap where they sleep so you will never see the traffic since the goods are at a stash house.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Bingo. They are doing something up to and including no taxes.
    My neighbors on 3 sides are Hispanic. They bust butt and live accordingly. No escalades/hummers or Monster trucks.

My wife is from Honduras, and she too busts her a$$. She drives 1 1/2 hours each way to work, works 12 hours most days being on 2nd shift and getting held over 4 hours or required to come in 4 hours early. But not only that, she cleans the house, cooks, takes good care of us and is very proud of her family. She will literally do anything for us without thinking about herself, and I do everything I can to reciprocate it. It really is totally different then you normally see.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

I'd say there's something fishy going on. We don't have any people of Hispanic origin around my area like that, but we've got some people of other cultural origins who live very much like that. It's mostly based on credit card fraud, tax evasion and fraud, a few less than honorable business practices (be careful what paving crew you hire), and sometimes just good old fashioned drug dealing and theft. Tie that in with a strong sense of family unity, to the point it's a "the family versus everybody else" mentality, and even people who seem proud or honorable see no moral implications in taking advantage of people they aren't related to.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We had some Hispanic neighbors that moved into our neighborhood. Their yard was one of the cleanest in the neighborhood. Always mowed, no trash, flowers blooming, etc. They never bothered anyone. There were at least four adults living in the household that worked. They drove nice vehicles, had HUGE parties with live bands, etc. We could here the mariachi band a half mile away. About two years ago, they moved out one day and the next day their house was sold in the sheriff's sale as a foreclosure. I wish they were back. The guy that bought it is nice and keeps it up, but they were really good neighbors. I do see the daughter in law since she works at the local Mexican restaurant, and they seem to be doing okay wherever they are now.

So...just like any other American, it is possible they are living beyond their means and could end up losing it all. As far as the kid carrying that kind of cash, that is just ridiculous. I do agree with CM though. We have many people in our area that are not citizens...Romanian, Hispanic, Slovak, etc. They do not pay taxes. Their kids get free lunches and free books at school because they do not have bank accounts with financial records that show they have money. Those are expenses that many families struggle to pay.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Bingo. They are doing something up to and including no taxes.
    My neighbors on 3 sides are Hispanic. They bust butt and live accordingly. No escalades/hummers or Monster trucks.

My neighbor has a truck with big wheels. Is that considered a monster truck? Should I start watching his movements?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Congratulations. You live next to,

1. The Mexican ambassador to the US, or,
    2. The Mexican version of the witness protection program.
    3. The Kali cartel outreach program.
    4. No se nada.....

images

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If the kid was able to pull out the cash and count it for his caring neighbor, I will chalk that up as a positive. Who knows, maybe the neighbor estimated. If the neighbor is like most of the fiscally responsible adults these days, he probably couldn't do the same unless it was pay day.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I would love to believe this. Still, I don't know. We live side by side. They are raising AT LEAST 5 children. I can't imagine their house is paid off, they only bought it 5 years ago. In the driveway is a NICE Hummer. Not to mention a DAMN NICE Escalade. Oops, don't forget the mud-bogging monster truck too. The cinco de Mayo party looked to be several thousand dollars, rental tables and tents, seating, a bounce-house for the bambinos, food and cervezas for at least 80 people. Live mariachis.

And there is still cash for the 5 year old? I really need to take lessons on their kind of money management.

They throw huge parties. I went to a quinceanera in a rural area when I was in Mexico and it was huge! Like a city of people with a huge band. Id never seen anything like it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would love to believe this. Still, I don't know. We live side by side. They are raising AT LEAST 5 children. I can't imagine their house is paid off, they only bought it 5 years ago. In the driveway is a NICE Hummer. Not to mention a DAMN NICE Escalade. Oops, don't forget the mud-bogging monster truck too. The cinco de Mayo party looked to be several thousand dollars, rental tables and tents, seating, a bounce-house for the bambinos, food and cervezas for at least 80 people. Live mariachis.

And there is still cash for the 5 year old? I really need to take lessons on their kind of money management.

Get to know them and maybe they will teach you how to better manage your money. I asked one of my NCO's to help me years ago and it was a huge help and has helped me to prepare for life after work.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Used to work in mexico, wasn't fun. People generally dress better and flashier than in the states so I figure that's just cultural. Carrying that roll was a status symbol if you could get it. As a gringo it was hard to get them to listen even when you were trying to help, they made it clearly understood who was in charge now that I was on their side of the line. Being paid by the hour, in the end I just let them drive their businesses into the ground.

Top Bottom