• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I want thoughts on this; Neighbors are Mexicans and are EXTREMELY outspoken about the prejudice and racism that they endure. It must be true even if I have never seen any of it.

There are many kids, seems like dozens but maybe they are all just real fast. One kid was seen picking up something that was left near the street by other kids. Kid is asked to put it back and he says 'you shouldn't have left it" and put it into his pocket.

The guy who saw this (an adult) goes right to mom asking for her to get into her son a little bit.

All this was only background and the pilfered object means nothing. What I want comments on is mom's response. Mom proudly announces that her kids don't need to pick up white kid's trash, that HER kids have their own money! Next, to prove her statement she calls one of her kids over, a 5 year old, and has him turn out his pockets. THE KID HAS $340 IN 20s!!!! wtf?A little kid packing a pimp roll? Next the teenager comes down off the porch. Mama has hands on her hips looking sooooo proud while Jr. produces several hundred dollar bills plus a 1/2 inch thick wad of 5s, 10s and 20s.

Now I just want to know what is going on next door? I recognize that both mom and dad work. As a matter of fact dad works so long that I only actually see him maybe twice a month.

If they are slinging meth, they aren't doing it here. What gives?

I am old and out of the loop. I know that inflation was orders of magnitude since my kids were that small. Is this normal in 2015? Do children sport this kind of money? Whose 5 year old can produce $340 walking cash? I mean right now...... Playing hard, riding bikes, throwing rocks and sporting a $340 pimp roll? ANYBODY?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Some of the hispanic population tends to not put their money in the banks. My best guess is dad brings home the dough and the people all get some to hold onto. Doesn't necessarily mean it belongs to the person holding it, but rather just that they are holding it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Something seems amiss. NO responsible parent would allow their 5-year-old to tote around a several-hundred-dollar bankroll. If for no other reason than the child being robbed of that loot by other (older?) kids.

Took me a lotta years to figure out how much to carry to have a roll "big enough to choke a horse". Only takes TWO $20's, but a LOT of $1's! :lmfao:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Some of the hispanic population tends to not put their money in the banks. My best guess is dad brings home the dough and the people all get some to hold onto. Doesn't necessarily mean it belongs to the person holding it, but rather just that they are holding it.

I would love to believe this. Still, I don't know. We live side by side. They are raising AT LEAST 5 children. I can't imagine their house is paid off, they only bought it 5 years ago. In the driveway is a NICE Hummer. Not to mention a DAMN NICE Escalade. Oops, don't forget the mud-bogging monster truck too. The cinco de Mayo party looked to be several thousand dollars, rental tables and tents, seating, a bounce-house for the bambinos, food and cervezas for at least 80 people. Live mariachis.

And there is still cash for the 5 year old? I really need to take lessons on their kind of money management.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I work with some Mexicans. Like any group of people there are good ones and trashy ones. The trashy ones can be a little bit beyond. Example: one mexican woman I know has two sons, both good students. The older one dates a white girl, goes to IUPUI. This woman is actually ridiculed among most of her family and friends for having "wimpy sons" that don't fight, or hang around with their cousins (who are in gangs) and for having sons who "do good in school"..... and that ridicule is from other mexican women.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would love to believe this. Still, I don't know. We live side by side. They are raising AT LEAST 5 children. I can't imagine their house is paid off, they only bought it 5 years ago. In the driveway is a NICE Hummer. Not to mention a DAMN NICE Escalade. Oops, don't forget the mud-bogging monster truck too. The cinco de Mayo party looked to be several thousand dollars, rental tables and tents, seating, a bounce-house for the bambinos, food and cervezas for at least 80 people. Live mariachis.

And there is still cash for the 5 year old? I really need to take lessons on their kind of money management.

Red flag.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Something seems amiss. NO responsible parent would allow their 5-year-old to tote around a several-hundred-dollar bankroll. If for no other reason than the child being robbed of that loot by other (older?) kids.

Took me a lotta years to figure out how much to carry to have a roll "big enough to choke a horse". Only takes TWO $20's, but a LOT of $1's! :lmfao:

I would love to see somebody try to rob that child, he is tough as nails. A regular midget Jakie Chan! I watched him fight my grandson (8), another neighbor (9) and his own brother (7) ALL AT ONCE! He took hits, hard ones and just shook them off. They fought probably 20 minutes, 3 on one, until the opponents ran away. Then he strutted up and down like a little banty rooster. He's a regular little kickboxer, I sure as hell ain't taking his money!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Red flag.

Yes, for me too, but I just can't see it. No "drug traffic" No suspicious movement, no freight or packages moving around. Not to mention Mexican mama is strict and proud, don't take ANYTHING off of her kids or from the few Spanish men I see around. Or from the neighbors and their kids. A strong well spoken woman, I just can't imagine her putting up with shenanigans. I'd be very surprised anyway.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I work with some Mexicans. Like any group of people there are good ones and trashy ones. The trashy ones can be a little bit beyond. Example: one mexican woman I know has two sons, both good students. The older one dates a white girl, goes to IUPUI. This woman is actually ridiculed among most of her family and friends for having "wimpy sons" that don't fight, or hang around with their cousins (who are in gangs) and for having sons who "do good in school"..... and that ridicule is from other mexican women.

What's funny is that you don't even realize it....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's a different world. I went to high school about 30 miles south of where Cesar Chavez organized farm workers who were getting $2 a day to pick grapes, no bathrooms and had to pay for water brought out to them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Just out of curiosity guys, are these "Mexicans," actually "Americans?"

Mama, probably yes. Kids all born here so yes. Dad, illegal as a three dollar bill.

They are "la Raza" though. They believe that they are repatriating stolen Mexico, "Take it back, house by house, city by city, state by state, WE WILL TAKE IT BACK!" I learned enough Spanish from the men I worked with to understand some. Their parties get to sound a bit like rallies when the cerveza flows. The adults talk between themselves as Mexicans. The kids though, forever gringo dogs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That "Mexicans" are Caucasian? Or were you getting at something else? (just trying to keep up)

No... that "dates a white girl" is listed as one of the son's positive traits. I made mention a while back that non-racist people can say some pretty racist things without realizing it. Not trying to insult you Jomibe, as it speaks more about our society than you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    No... that "dates a white girl" is listed as one of the son's positive traits. I made mention a while back that non-racist people can say some pretty racist things without realizing it. Not trying to insult you Jomibe, as it speaks more about our society than you.

I gotcha.... You had to point it out but upon being shown that..... No s**T. Speaking of racist, are we in trouble Yet? Ummm, errr, Church mouse, the thread was about the cash! The "Mexican" references were intended to be the CULTURAL perspective, Is fat pig pimp rolls the norm for 5 year olds? perhaps for Mexican 5 year olds? I don't think we are racists.... yet. Culturalists, perhaps.

Top Bottom