• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Looks like the reschedule will be Monday evening if we can swing it. Open to anytime after 3, that's when my wife gets off work so she can watch our son. What time does everyone think will be best?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I can make the time whatever it takes to get the help I need. Right now you are saying after 5:30 and are the only volunteer I have, so lets call it 6:30 that should be plenty of time for most to get off work and get something to eat.

This really is a pretty simple task to complete. Its just the ramifications of getting it wrong by trying to do to much w/ to few people I am worried about. I only have one goof on the whole cannon project so far and I don't feel like having to grind out a bunch of epoxy because I tried to force it to happen. Plus, I get to show off my cannon and meet some INGOers all in one shot.

IMPD31323 If you are able to make it and feel like bringing your howitzer I would love to take a look at it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    these are the metal pockets that need to be supported in a bed of epoxy with the angle set by the cannon's trunnions, to give you an idea of what we would be doing.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    If the Smile Doctor is going to end up near 146th and 37, then I'd be down for a car pool if he's willing. Not sure how he'd get to 10th & German Church from Westfield.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If the Smile Doctor is going to end up near 146th and 37, then I'd be down for a car pool if he's willing. Not sure how he'd get to 10th & German Church from Westfield.
    I'll either be coming down Keystone or even farther West than that depending on the kids situation. Wouldn't be much of a problem to head straight over 146th to you then head south though.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    anybody that helps me with this will be invited to the maiden shoot. I will do my absolute best to try and schedule it with whoever helps as a priority... I can only be so patient once she is shootable though.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Repped ya with them.

This is not to difficult of a task in all reality. Its just something that requires a bit of finess to avoid over doing it. any wiggle that I introduce in the pockets will be voids in the epoxy and decrease strength. I will be using putty stick epoxy that's designed for use on wood so it should be rather thick and not runny. Just have to make sure I put enough release agent on the metal pocket piece so it can come free to get welded up.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am calling it 6:30 right now. Sounds like I should be able to get enough people. Like I said, its not going to be terribly difficult, just not something I trust anything mechanical to do correctly.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'll either be coming down Keystone or even farther West than that depending on the kids situation. Wouldn't be much of a problem to head straight over 146th to you then head south though.

Well, if you're willing then I can ride along. I picked up some bags from you last winter and remember heading out 146th most of way. If it's too far out of the way don't worry about it.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'll be there, may have some of my kids in tow. Old enough to behave well, not old enough to help...definitely old enough to brag about it to their kids the next day at school regardless of how bored they may try to look. I'll swing by and get Perry in route.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    excellent. I hope I am not being to much of an inconvenience for such a simple thing. Like I said, I just don't see a way of doing it controlled mechanically. Ill send you a PM with the address.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Release agent... could you put a layer of painters tape on the metal? That would help keep it from sticking.

Top Bottom