• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Agreed that you are better off not arguing. You wont change their mind, just as much as they wont change yours. After a recent discussion with my father, it was brought to my attention , something that happened 20 years ago that I had totally forgotten. My college roommates dad ( in a heated discussion with my dad) was upset that my girlfriend ( now wife) had moved into our apartment. He was quoted as saying multiple times " My kids would never do" this or that to multiple extents. In the next year his 3 perfect children had all broken his word for him. One had a child out of wedlock, one knocked up a 15 year old girl ( he was over 21 ) , and his youngest daughter was hospitalized with bulimia. Just never say never. We had a discussion about how animate I am against abortion , except in the case of rape or incest. He kindly reminded me of the story, and the fact that I have 3 kids of my own , 2 of which are girls. I hope I am never in that situation, as well as I hope you aren't either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I take the stance of "when in doubt, get the government out," especially with the abortion issue. I agree 100% with the Libertarian Party's official platform position on abortion:

"Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration."

Abortions are so easy to get....and once in the abortion clinic it is hard to leave...they pressure the girl into it...I know many woman who had abortions and regret it. Many young girls who parents made them get abortions... my x-daughter in laws mother dropped her off at the abortion clinic and told her not to call her for a ride home if she does not get the abortion. Thank god she called me instead...I had to go through a demonstration of pro-life pro-choice to get inside. They were blocking me from entering until I told them I was there to safe a baby. Once inside I was greeted by a woman who looked like any mom, asking if I want to talk in private...I told her I was there to get my son's GF, I was told to leave because that it had happened...when I started yelling, my daughter-in-law walked out, we went home to cheers of the pro=life demonstrators, I took her home with me...I now have a wonderful grandson who is in 11th grade and if all goes right will be a doctor in a few years....took all I had when her mother was at the hospital saying he can call me Nana not to punch the b**ch in the face...we have never talked other than pleasantries when I was picking him up from her house.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Most effective birth control to date....A zipper.

If one is to chose another form no one is stopping them and I don't feel the need to pay for someone else's birth control.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    Ever heard of the morning after bill...tubal ligation?

Do you not realize the morning after pill is chemical compound? It's not like a woman swallows a tiny hand grenade. And you're advocating a $2000-$5000 dollar PERMANENT surgery rendering a woman never able to get pregnant if/when she's ready or plans to?

Look, people are GOING to have sex for reasons other than procreation. If people only do it to have kids, maybe it's not been that enjoyable an act, I don't know? But telling consenting adults that they can't do it at all unless they're planning on being parents 40 weeks later, or only if they sterilize themselves first and NEVER get the option, is typical banter of most social engineering advocates, and totally IGNORES the advancements in technology and culture that means sex for reasons other than making babies. Let people make their own decisions, their own mistakes, and find their own solutions. And please, stop with the righteous indignation and name-calling. The only thing really being disputed is the definition of WHEN the unborn are deemed a PERSON and then endowed with RIGHTS. I wouldn't have a problem with abortions being banned for healthy, viable babies capable of sustaining life outside the womb, obviously in later-term pregnancies. But telling a woman that is 3 weeks late and p*ssing positive on a pregnancy test that she's now got to be a mommy, nope.

I don't even know why I keep trying to even converse with pro-lifers. It's like arguing about religion (because they're often from the same source.) :ugh:

Regardless, neither of the political candidates is going to make anything happen during the next 4 years to change abortion law. And if it is ever made illegal, it'll still happen. But then it will be very unsafe for women, and we'll have a whole generation of new state wards we're all forced to pay for.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Regardless, neither of the political candidates is going to make anything happen during the next 4 years to change abortion law. And if it is ever made illegal, it'll still happen. But then it will be very unsafe for women, and we'll have a whole generation of new state wards we're all forced to pay for.
    This is an area where your argument falls short. Currently 4 of the Supreme Court Justices are 74 or older. So within the next 4 years it is very possible that the President could in fact be appointing up to 4 new Supreme Court Justices. I'm a pro-lifer, because science proves that life begins at conception. The moment that the cells start to divide and reform, it is life. Any basic biology course will teach you this. Not only will these 4 new Supreme Court Justices weigh in on Roe v Wade, but will also set rulings on the 2nd Amendment and many other issues. I realize that my words will not change your way of thinking and that's cool. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Keep that in mind before belittling those opinions which differ from yours.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    This is an area where your argument falls short. Currently 4 of the Supreme Court Justices are 74 or older. So within the next 4 years it is very possible that the President could in fact be appointing up to 4 new Supreme Court Justices. I'm a pro-lifer, because science proves that life begins at conception. The moment that the cells start to divide and reform, it is life. Any basic biology course will teach you this. Not only will these 4 new Supreme Court Justices weigh in on Roe v Wade, but will also set rulings on the 2nd Amendment and many other issues. I realize that my words will not change your way of thinking and that's cool. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Keep that in mind before belittling those opinions which differ from yours.

Correct, everyone is entitled to their opinions, of course. What part of mine was so belittling exactly, other than the fact it's not the same as yours?

Again, I'm not disputing the definition of "LIFE," rather...
    The only thing really being disputed is the definition of WHEN the unborn are deemed a PERSON and then endowed with RIGHTS.
    I'm willing to concede that at some point during every pregnancy, the unborn develops to be capable of surviving outside the womb, and at that point I would consider it a INDIVIDUAL with RIGHTS. Before that point, yes, it is alive, but is of a parasitic nature to the mother, who has a right to do with her body as she wishes.

This is where I think compromise can take place if continuing to be a federal issue, as again stating previously:
    I wouldn't have a problem with abortions being banned for healthy, viable babies capable of sustaining life outside the womb, obviously in later-term pregnancies.
    I think the best thing is for the government to stay out of it entirely, as is the position of the Libertarian party. This is an incredibly personal, emotional issue, and if any pro-lifer thinks that making the decision to abort a pregnancy is always as flippant and casual as they claim the exercise to be, I question their claimed sense of humanity.

And as far as the supreme court.... I don't put a whole lot of stock into the gang in robes. They can't be trusted, appointed by either D or R, to actually uphold the constitution. There are WAAAAAAYYYYY too many examples that prove it.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    One thing I would like all of you to know. Take this into consideration, and put yourself into MY shoes. THEN think about your position on abortion.
    I was adopted by a very loving, grateful family, that didnt give me everything, but everything I needed. I've had the opportunity to meet both of my birth parents, and to also have to opportunity to see how my life COULD have been. Especially considering the circumstances that my birth parents were in, I could not have asked for things to have gone better than they did. I'm grateful for my birth mother's decision, everyday, to not get an abortion. So..... Now....... Think for just one minute...... Where would your life be? How would the people you love lives be, if your own mother would have chose to have an abortion? THEN , and only THEN, try to justify taking another human's life. Whether that life be 3 days old, 3 months old, 3 years old, or 30 years old.

Stepping down from soapbox.

QUOTE=DC47374;3462857]This is an area where your argument falls short. Currently 4 of the Supreme Court Justices are 74 or older. So within the next 4 years it is very possible that the President could in fact be appointing up to 4 new Supreme Court Justices. I'm a pro-lifer, because science proves that life begins at conception. The moment that the cells start to divide and reform, it is life. Any basic biology course will teach you this. Not only will these 4 new Supreme Court Justices weigh in on Roe v Wade, but will also set rulings on the 2nd Amendment and many other issues. I realize that my words will not change your way of thinking and that's cool. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Keep that in mind before belittling those opinions which differ from yours.[/QUOTE]
    Excellent point, that MANY people fail to think about, especially needs attention on Tuesday!

The Federal .gov has no authority on murder. Murder is a state issue, not federal.
    For this reason alone, they should never have heard the Roe v Wade case.

Federal, state, ....... God is the only judge on this matter.

Last edited:

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Federal, state, ....... God is the only judge on this matter.

Commit a serious federal crime. See who gets you first, god, or the feds.

And actually, YOU are the only judge on your actions. You do not "judge/decide" what actions you will take by looking it up in a law book, you look inside to your own moral code. Others can only then decide societies RE-action (or in your example, the after-lifes RE-action) to your judgement.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Reagan very correctly observed: “I've noticed everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is

And actually, YOU are the only judge on your actions. You do not "judge/decide" what actions you will take by looking it up in a law book, you look inside to your own moral code. Others can only then decide societies RE-action (or in your example, the after-lifes RE-action) to your judgement.

spot on, spot on. :yesway:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Number one you can not fight emotion with logic. You will lose this fight regardless.

Nobody wants to take womens birth control.

She is right she has a right to control her body. Her body has only has 2 arms and legs, one beating heart. Once it has two, current laws apply to the unborn child.
    I thought this was VERY interesting... Carry on.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN

Very true. I guess Iwas considering eternity, moreso than the time we spend here on earth. I think of God as my moral code. When the little good guy, and the little bad guy argue, I consider what God would think of my decision and how that decision will affect my afterlife. Granted..... That hasn't been the case throughout my entire life, but we get wiser with age, usually. Hopefully.

Top Bottom