• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    this is a post that was wrote by a friend I'd mine, and I know it was meant for me. It is long and I'm sorry but soooooo worth the read. I am verrrry angry right now and I can't think straight. Someone give me some good things to say to this lady to put her in her place

I would like everyone to just take a moment and imagine life on this planet in this country without vasectomies, tubilectomies, birth control pills, condoms, IUDs, etc.. Imagine where you would be at in life without any form of birth control or STD protection available to you. If you are not a woman, think about how the life of a woman you love and respect (lover, mother, cousin, daughter) would be different if it were not for birth control or protection. For the heteros on here: would you stop having sex? would you throw caution to the wind and see just how many babies God wanted you to have? are you confident you could get a job (pregnant-if you're a woman) that would pay enough to support all of the children you created? are you confident the world could even supply enough to take care of all of the children that would be created? I look at what is happening and who is doing it and I come to the conclusion that Yes. A vote for the GOP is, in fact, a vote against women. My right, the right of my daughters, your rights, your lover's rights, your daughter's rights...to their bodies, trumps all this other bullsh*t. I am truly ashamed of anyone who would take away someone's right to make a decision for themselves about their body, their health, their physical and mental well being. Even this "right to bear arms" push that happens every election, brought to you by the NRA, I'm not even sorry to say this but your right to your gun is f*ck all to me if it means me and my loved ones losing the right to decide when, how, what to do with pregnancy. And if you choose your gun over your loved one's right to choose whether or not to get pregnant and whether or not to continue on with that pregnancy...that's just sad. It's not just an abortion issue. It's a birth control issue. You vote to take those rights away, have fun with your hand or supporting all the babies you force into the world. (This is written under the assumption that people who want to keep their guns actually believe that Obama wants to take them away.) PS A study has been done showing that a loss of birth control access results in increased crime rates. Sooooo you take away that access, you BETTER hope you keep your gun.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Abortion and birth control are two separate issues. If she can't distinguish the two, it's a lost cause.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Number one you can not fight emotion with logic. You will lose this fight regardless.

Nobody wants to take womens birth control.

She is right she has a right to control her body. Her body has only has 2 arms and legs, one beating heart. Once it has two, current laws apply to the unborn child.

I would just reply, I thought it was the end of the world four years ago, stand down. Nothing really is going to change whatever joker gets elected.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    Wow....as Sailor said, you can't fight emotion with logic. That really is one of the key differences between conservatives and others - they base decisions on emotion and conservatives often use well thought out logic. Where in the world did anyone talk about taking away all forms of birth control? It's so frustrating to watch this type of debate filled with half truths.

I heard a good quote once that seems to make more sense everyday: "Young and liberal you're soft in the heart. Old and liberal you're soft in the head."

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, you could write "You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. No one in any party is threatening to make birth control illegal. Period. There are some who believe that birth control should not be freely dispensed by the government, either because of their religious beliefs, or because they understand that "free" from the government, isn't. Somebody is doing the paying; just not the recipient. Those people are every bit as entitled to their opinions as you are. The religious argument is an emotional argument, just as yours is. That doesn't make it (or yours) invalid; just irrational. The fiscal argument is logical, and can be debated. As for the comparison to the infringement on the People's 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms; that is an entirely different matter. There ARE people actively seeking to make possession of guns by law abiding citizens illegal. That's right, ILLEGAL. And in this way your comparison of 1. A requirement that some people pay for their readily available (if not free) birth control to, 2. The stripping of a Constitutional right from a group of American citizens, falls down".

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How interested are you in keeping this person as a friend? Use at your own peril.

"Let's deal with the birth control issue first. The GOP is not trying to restrict birth control. It is only against forcing other people to pay for yours, your daughters, or anyone else's. You claim to want control over your body, exercise control by being responsible enough to pay for your own birth control. If you cannot, you are too immature to have sex. Exercise control over your own body by keeping your legs together. It's your right.

As for abortion, I refuse to subject an innocent life to the death penalty to preserve your or anyone else's right to NOT exercise control over your own body. Please see the closed leg option above.

Based upon your post, I am afraid that the skill of critical thinking has escaped you. You have refused to look at the facts of the birth-control issue and have accepted the lies of propaganda. Perhaps the best result for society as whole is for you to exercise the closed leg option and to impress upon your daughters the importance of the same, as people with your mindset, for the good of society, should not reproduce."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The above posts cover the truth of the matter thoroughly, although I would add one significant point: Anyone who is willing to barter away liberty in the name of being able to slut around with impunity on our dime is irredeemably stupid.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Just point out that her premise is erroneous, and the balance of the comment is a non-sequitur.

Republicans are NOT coming to grab all forms of contraception. Everything else that follows is not logically derived from her initial statement.

And does she really believe that killing babies is a reasonable or efficient way to reduce the crime rate?

Her attempt to link 2d A to women's issues is pathetically weak. Does she really believe that women are little more than wombs on legs?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What about a mans right to choose whether a woman can abort his child? The fathers rights are often overlooked, until the child is born that is.

Excellent point that no pro-abortion person has ever been able to answer for me other than chanting 'it is a woman's choice' as slobber drops out the corners of their mouths (worse in the case of leftist men than with the women).

My argument is why as brought out above, is why should a man not have any option to opt out if a woman does. She can unilaterally decide to kill an unborn child and the child's father has no recourse, and likewise, if she so chooses, he is on the hook financially for 18-25 years with no recourse whatsoever depending on the youngster's college habits. If we want fair and equal (inherent unfairness of executing a child for being inconvenient notwithstanding), why do we not have an option for a man to walk away just as easily as a woman can get an abortion, or else give him sole rights to the child requiring that it be born and placed in his custody and the mother allowed to walk away with no rights or responsibilities regarding the child?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    amen indydave. easiest form of birth control: dont put things that are used to make babies into a baby factory. problem solved.

Exactly. My favorite version, told to me by one of my dad's friends, is that as her dad taught her, aspirin can be used for birth control. He told her to hold an aspirin between her knees. As long as she didn't drop the aspirin, she didn't have to worry about getting pregnant.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    depends on what she looks like :):

No, still stupid. If she wants to slut around that bad, she can buy her own pills, stay out of the murder business, and KEEP HER DAMNED HANDS OFF THE LEVER FOR A**HOLES WHO WANT TO GRAB MY GUNS.

Top Bottom