Nashville Police Chief Removed by Town Council, Her Supporters Are “Ashamed” and “Outraged”

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It was conditional. They allowed her to stay in new palestine until her child was out of school with the expectation that she move closer to nashville once the child was out of school. That is a conditional exception.
    And she didn’t move once her kid was out of school. And when pressed on it she offered to move to Indy, which is way more than 20 miles from Nashville. She didn’t keep her part of the condition.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    And she didn’t move once her kid was out of school. And when pressed on it she offered to move to Indy, which is way more than 20 miles from Nashville. She didn’t keep her part of the condition.
    Yes that is the point along with the temporary concessions made by nashville out of desperation. I think we are arguing the same side of the coin, only that I put a fraction of this on Nashville for bending their own hiring requirements.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I bet this was an issue at hiring, but they ignored it. Now it’s a big deal.
    The letter above explains it. The town says that she orally agreed to move closer after her youngest child graduated from high school. The son graduated, she refused to move.

Crazy idea- there is such a thing as a written employment contract. I drafted a few myself. It has a tendency to help clarify things.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The letter above explains it. The town says that she orally agreed to move closer after her youngest child graduated from high school. The son graduated, she refused to move.

Crazy idea- there is such a thing as a written employment contract. I drafted a few myself. It has a tendency to help clarify things.

My daughter just had to sign an employment contract for her promotion at work.

Lawyers won't be happy until we are signing such contracts to go to the bathroom. :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My daughter just had to sign an employment contract for her promotion at work.

Lawyers won't be happy until we are signing such contracts to go to the bathroom. :)
    Most situations don't require a written contract- employee works, employer pays. However, when there is sensitive information at issue, use of company property away from a fixed workplace (i.e.- at home) or, as here, alleged agreements about future actions....would be nice.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I question her ability to be Chief of anything when she didn't complete the IMPD field training phase. As soon as she was released from employment, she was hired by MCSO and worked the guard shack letting employees into the basement of the City-County Building. She has never been a supervisor in any capacity as far as I know.

Top Bottom