Nashville Police Chief Removed by Town Council, Her Supporters Are “Ashamed” and “Outraged”

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Be interesting to know whether she began the job so far away or moved after getting it? Or if she concealed how far out she was?

Every day Burris racked up 136 miles on her taxpayer owned patrol car, before she was even in effective range to respond to calls? Same goes for fuel consumption. +/- 5 gallons fuel daily used just to get to the streets of Nashville?

Let alone emergency response time, requiring the chief's presence in the best case just under an hour, depending on how many speed limits were broken?

:dunno:
    It was in the link KLB shared.

Screenshot_20240827_230528_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

IMPD academy in 2016, joined NPD in 2020, and chief by 2024.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Graduates from the IMPD Academy in 2016, named Nashville PD Chief in 2022.

I never made Chief, it took me 19 years to make SMSgt. ;)

6 years experience seems kind of short to be the Chief of anything, just sayin...

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Seems hiring her knowing a big distance to Nashville even if she changed her mind about moving wouldn't be good enough cause to let her go. Sounds like the town council needs to get their shht together.
    Atleast that lady chief didn't get fired for stealing stuff from walmart like the town Marshall Kelly Fisher of NorthJudson did...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Graduates from the IMPD Academy in 2016, named Nashville PD Chief in 2022.

I never made Chief, it took me 19 years to make SMSgt. ;)

6 years experience seems kind of short to be the Chief of anything, just sayin...

It used to be the other way around, before George Floyd, defund the police and "hands up don't shoot."

A common move twenty years ago was Nashville and the Brown Co Sheriff sending new hires to the Academy, for the officer to bail and go to the next highest bidder in a couple years or so. Eventually, the goal of all officers was to get on at IMPD, as they had the highest pay/benefit package.

Not sure IMPD is as desirable as they once were?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Did anyone notice that they quoted what Nashville pays the police chief and the patrol officers?
    I believe that's public info for most departments.
    It used to be the other way around, before George Floyd, defund the police and "hands up don't shoot."

A common move twenty years ago was Nashville and the Brown Co Sheriff sending new hires to the Academy, for the officer to bail and go to the next highest bidder in a couple years or so. Eventually, the goal of all officers was to get on at IMPD, as they had the highest pay/benefit package.

Not sure IMPD is as desirable as they once were?
    Nah, now you want to get on Brownsburg, Carmel, Fishers, etc. Higher pay, nicer cars, less crime, etc.

Trying to get my nephew to apply for ISP. $70k right out of the academy...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The Chief makes a statement after being let go and she’s crying. Got to be a DEI hire.
    Agreed. Someone strong enough to achieve that position legitimately doesnt cry on the way out the door. Maybe if your actions caused lives to be lost and you are discusing them while you are saying goodbye after being fired for your incompetence, sure.

But just losing your job because you arent qualified? No.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Seems hiring her knowing a big distance to Nashville even if she changed her mind about moving wouldn't be good enough cause to let her go. Sounds like the town council needs to get their shht together.
    Atleast that lady chief didn't get fired for stealing stuff from walmart like the town Marshall Kelly Fisher of NorthJudson did...
    More reasons than the commute. Even so the town cut her a break when they hired her, and she paid them back by breakin her promise? Bye bye.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

You have to find someone who wants to do it for the pay. Never been a cop, but I’m going bet that the candidates for small town police chief are going to be mostly young ambitious types looking to build a resumé and old retired types from somewhat larger departments who need to plus-up their retirement pay.

Not too many Andy Griffith-types out there.

p.s. according to openpayrolls.com and the latest year for which they have data, 2022, as police chief Burris made a little over $48,000 per year.

Interestingly, one of her patrolman made more money, 53K per year. I suspect he had seniority. His name does not appear on the current town website listing of merit (FT) officers, but there is an open position. So I guess he retired or moved on.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Anyone know what the crime level is in Nashville these days? I can't imagine a lot of police action needed from the visits I've made there.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You have to find someone who wants to do it for the pay. Never been a cop, but I’m going bet that the candidates for small town police chief are going to be mostly young ambitious types looking to build a resumé and old retired types from somewhat larger departments who need to plus-up their retirement pay.

Not too many Andy Griffith-types out there.

p.s. according to openpayrolls.com and the latest year for which they have data, 202, as police chief Burris made a little over $48,000 per year.

Interestingly, one of her patrolman made more money, 53K per year. I suspect he had seniority. His name does not appear on the current town website listing of merit (FT) officers, but there is an open position. So I guess he retired or moved on.

Nobody can live in Brown County on $48k, even with vehicle costs comped.

Top Bottom