Nashville Police Chief Removed by Town Council, Her Supporters Are “Ashamed” and “Outraged”

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It outlines five main concerns over the course of several months:

• Lack of overall police presence during busy tourist hours
    • Lack of foot patrols by Nashville Police
    • Officers using patrol cars for personal use
    • Too much overtime
    • Burris living '68 miles' from Nashville
    Item 1: Was it impacting crime?

How do you square item 1 and item 4 at the same time? Wouldnt more #1 cause even more #4? Does the council have the budget for more officers to reduce OT? Or is she forced to pay OT because the council wont fund more officers working 40 hours?

Its normal to have take home cars. It allows for faster response of off duty officers during a critical emergency. Or were they leaving personal cars at the office and taking the cruisers to take the fam places instead of the minivan resulting in excessive mileage?

And for the record, I might also allow her to frisk me. LOL

Last edited:

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I live 53 miles from work. I know the town would like me closer too. 68 miles for a police chief? I can see the councils point on that. They have real concerns. Wether they were real or not, or just perceived, I don't know. Probably could have been handled better though.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Item 1: Was it impacting crime?

How do you square item 1 and item 4 at the same time? Wouldnt more #1 cause even more #4? Does the council have the budget for more officers to reduce OT? Or is she forced to pay OT because the council wont fund more officers working 40 hours?

Its normal to have take home cars. It allows for faster response of off duty officers during a critical emergency. Or were they leaving personal cars at the office and taking the cruisers to take the fam places instead of the minivan resulting in excessive mileage?

And for the record, I might also allow her to frisk me. LOL
    The link in KLB’s post pretty much explains it all. I found the paragraph about scheduling a bit confusing, but it sounds like the town asked her to schedule officers to work specific time periods, and she did just the opposite.

Two sides to a story but if the town’s letter is reasonably accurate … not surprised.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I live 53 miles from work. I know the town would like me closer too. 68 miles for a police chief? I can see the councils point on that. They have real concerns. Wether they were real or not, or just perceived, I don't know. Probably could have been handled better though.
    A lot of jobs working for local governments require residency in the borders of that government.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Be interesting to know whether she began the job so far away or moved after getting it? Or if she concealed how far out she was?

Every day Burris racked up 136 miles on her taxpayer owned patrol car, before she was even in effective range to respond to calls? Same goes for fuel consumption. +/- 5 gallons fuel daily used just to get to the streets of Nashville?

Let alone emergency response time, requiring the chief's presence in the best case just under an hour, depending on how many speed limits were broken?

:dunno:

Top Bottom