• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Go easy on the OP guys & gals. 6000 rounds is a nice little stockpile.

Unless of course if you invite Que to go shooting with you. He will shoot all your ammo and give your gun back to you dirty.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Go easy on the OP guys & gals. 6000 rounds is a nice little stockpile.

Unless of course if you invite Que to go shooting with you. He will shoot all your ammo and give your gun back to you dirty.

Dirrrrrrrrrtyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If 6200 rounds is sufficient to your needs, then you are not a hoarder. If that's more than you'll shoot in the next 50 years of your life, then you might be...but that's hard to imagine.

I try to always have the means to load 10,000+ rounds on the shelf, but often fall short of that. For me, it's really more about quality than quantity.

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    My wife is a good sport with me and my firearms and ammo. She doesn't shoot so she doesn't realize how quick it can go. I am now just trying to buy a box or two per paycheck

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you are a hunter that shoots a 3 shot group every fall to check your sights and two more shots every winter in the field, I would say you are excessive. If you shot a 150 round match every weekend and shoot 200-300 rounds in practice every week, I would say you are probably about right, if not just a little weak in the present market.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I just picked up some .223 and when I get home I add up my ammo. I have about 6200 rounds spread between all my calibers. She says that I might be a hoarder and that I need an intervention. My question is: what amount of ammo do you think is excessive?

If she wants to learn about some real ammo hoarding, you might point her to recent acquisitions by the USDHS. As long as the feds are stockpiling ammo in those quantities, I doubt there is a single private citizen in this country who can be accused of hoarding.

62chevyimpala

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Im so glad you started this! I was getting ready to ask.

I have 2500 rounds of 7.62x39, 600 rounds of 9mm, and 200 rounds of 12 gauge.

Im still building my stockpile but was wondering what my "goals" should be!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife told me I was hoarding when I came home with a couple hundred rounds of .45, so I took her shooting and threw it all down range. She then realized that I wasnt hoarding

I keep my ammo in the garage. That way when I come home with a couple hundred rounds, I just walk in the garage door and put it in the cabinet. Wife is on a need to know basis.

When I see an Amazon box on the front patio I just ignore it. I figure she thinks I am on a need to know. Fair is fair.

Top Bottom