• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    What's up with all you folks upset over Chicago, half third world, half industrialized city? My suggestion: Pass on those over populated cesspools and go to some place like Whitefish, Montana.....where everyone is probably carrying...even in the park!!

And when your in Whitefish, don't forget to check out The Great Northern Bar and Grill: The Great Northern Bar and Grill - Whitefish, Montana

Oh, and for the beer drinkers, I am told that you should try a Huckleberry Beer.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What's up with all you folks upset over Chicago, half third world, half industrialized city? My suggestion: Pass on those over populated cesspools and go to some place like Whitefish, Montana.....where everyone is probably carrying...even in the park!!

And when your in Whitefish, don't forget to check out The Great Northern Bar and Grill: The Great Northern Bar and Grill - Whitefish, Montana

Oh, and for the beer drinkers, I am told that you should try a Huckleberry Beer.
    I don't feel so comfortable in the "country". My wife gets downright sick when outside urban areas. She grew up in Jersey City so city life is all she knows. I really like cities. I love visiting NYC.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    I don't feel so comfortable in the "country". My wife gets downright sick when outside urban areas. She grew up in Jersey City so city life is all she knows. I really like cities. I love visiting NYC.

I might visit the big cities more if I was able to defend my family and myself. I visit sparingly and only under protest of my wife (every now and then I've got to give in though). Until then, I'll spend my money where my rights are recognized.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Is it me, or do I feel as though I am being discriminated against just because I choose to carry a handgun with me. I do NOT understand why a LEO has more rights than a civilian. Sounds like discrimination to me, either give us ALL the ability to carry, OR NO ONE the ability to carry, LEO included. Now, this would not apply if a LEO were on official business or on duty at the time. But all Off-Limits places schools, day car centers, Illinois, wherever it is not legal for a civilian to carry, then LEO should be under the same restrictions unless on duty.

INGunGuy

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.

Sad but true.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Your reading too much into it...the problem with these types of communications IMO. I guess I could have found a better phrase. What I meant by saying that was that I was not in a minority of people that carry in Chicago but and EXTREME minority=exceedingly few. IF I had just said minority, that could mean anything up to 50%. I wanted to emphasize how small the group was, that's all.

I'd say you were in the extreme minority that carry LEGALLY, not that carry. Or are all the shootings that happen there done by LEOs? :popcorn:

Is it me, or do I feel as though I am being discriminated against just because I choose to carry a handgun with me. I do NOT understand why a LEO has more rights than a civilian. Sounds like discrimination to me, either give us ALL the ability to carry, OR NO ONE the ability to carry, LEO included. Now, this would not apply if a LEO were on official business or on duty at the time. But all Off-Limits places schools, day car centers, Illinois, wherever it is not legal for a civilian to carry, then LEO should be under the same restrictions unless on duty.

INGunGuy

Agreed, but they have to be able to carry off duty in case they run into a BG they arrested before, even if they are half a dozen states away at a national monument with metal detectors and bomb sniffing dogs and x-ray machines and... checking everyone that goes there (except LEOs of
    course)

That for taunting like a Frenchman. :D

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I'd say you were in the extreme minority that carry LEGALLY, not that carry. Or are all the shootings that happen there done by LEOs? :popcorn:

Agreed, but they have to be able to carry off duty in case they run into a BG they arrested before, even if they are half a dozen states away at a national monument with metal detectors and bomb sniffing dogs and x-ray machines and... checking everyone that goes there (except LEOs of
    course)

That for taunting like a Frenchman. :D

Hey too F'ing bad. If you dont like the job, and what it comes with, then quit and find another job. I am sorry, but that doesnt hold water for me. I am being discriminated against because I am NOT a LEO. What kind of crapola is that all about? Do I get some special rights because I am a Network Engineer? Nope, none, nada. Then why should a LEO, because since we know that LEO's are trained to defend themselves, then why should they be able to carry a firearm EVERYWHERE, without restrictions? Take the 90 pound woman soaking wet, who is confronted with a BG, having a handgun only levels the playing field, it doesnt make her a BG. Well a 200 pound LEO would have a MUCH better chance at defending themselves since they are trained in self defense than the 90 pound woman. I am sorry, but since all these liberals can holler discrimination at the drop of a hat, so then can I.

INGunGuy

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Hey too F'ing bad. If you dont like the job, and what it comes with, then quit and find another job. I am sorry, but that doesnt hold water for me. I am being discriminated against because I am NOT a LEO. What kind of crapola is that all about? Do I get some special rights because I am a Network Engineer? Nope, none, nada. Then why should a LEO, because since we know that LEO's are trained to defend themselves, then why should they be able to carry a firearm EVERYWHERE, without restrictions? Take the 90 pound woman soaking wet, who is confronted with a BG, having a handgun only levels the playing field, it doesnt make her a BG. Well a 200 pound LEO would have a MUCH better chance at defending themselves since they are trained in self defense than the 90 pound woman. I am sorry, but since all these liberals can holler discrimination at the drop of a hat, so then can I.

INGunGuy
    Lots of places hiring. 46 pages on Career Builder. Probably a pretty hefty pay cut over an engineer however.

Police Jobs on CareerBuilder.com

Last edited:

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Lots of places hiring. 46 pages on Career Builder. Probably a pretty hefty pay cut over an engineer however.

Police Jobs on CareerBuilder.com

I dont want to be a LEO, I just dont like to hear people use the excuse that because a LEO may run into some BG they put in jail in the past that they have more rights than I do. If a LEO doesnt like what comes with the job, well then quit, and find something else. I am sick and tired of being discriminated against because I choose to carry a firearm with me. I also dont like certain segments of the population having more rights than me, such as self-defense because of the job that they do. PERIOD!

INGunGuy

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I dont want to be a LEO, I just dont like to hear people use the excuse that because a LEO may run into some BG they put in jail in the past that they have more rights than I do. If a LEO doesnt like what comes with the job, well then quit, and find something else. I am sick and tired of being discriminated against because I choose to carry a firearm with me. I also dont like certain segments of the population having more rights than me, such as self-defense because of the job that they do. PERIOD!

INGunGuy

I am being discriminated against because I am NOT a LEO. What kind of crapola is that all about? Do I get some special rights because I am a Network Engineer? Nope, none, nada. Then why should a LEO, because since we know that LEO's are trained to defend themselves, then why should they be able to carry a firearm EVERYWHERE, without restrictions? Take the 90 pound woman soaking wet, who is confronted with a BG, having a handgun only levels the playing field, it doesnt make her a BG. Well a 200 pound LEO would have a MUCH better chance at defending themselves since they are trained in self defense than the 90 pound woman. I am sorry, but since all these liberals can holler discrimination at the drop of a hat, so then can I.

INGunGuy

course)

I think you misunderstood my post, I should of used Paco's sarcasm purple.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I think your anger is misguided; it's not like the cops are giving themselves the ability to carry across state lines...

I am not angry at police, but I have heard MANY LEO's say that is the reason that they carry is in case they run into some BG they arrested in the past. Well again, like I said, if you dont like what comes with the job quit, and stop whining. I just hate being discriminated against, and think that EVERYONE should be able to defend themselves and not just self-defense trained LEO.

INGunGuy

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    If a LEO doesnt like what comes with the job, well then quit, and find something else. I am sick and tired of being discriminated against because I choose to carry a firearm with me.

This argument swings both ways yea know:

If a Network Engineer doesn't like the benefits that come with that job, well then quit, and find an LEO job if carrying everywhere is such a big deal. I am sick of non-LEOs complaining about how they can't carry guns everywhere, blah blah blah. I am sick and tired of saying it is a horrible thing that I get to protect myself and my family from danger that lurks around given my choose career field. Instead of complaining about LEOs carrying almost everywhere (which wasn't even the case until a very recent federal law change), why not work with groups to get your rights to carry recognized by other states? By the way, any state could easily file a lawsuit against the federal law, saying that it violates state rights, and I think they might win. They don't want to do this because most municipalities likely would welcome the help and knowledge that LEOs might be able to provide if need be.

I am not angry at police, but I have heard MANY LEO's say that is the reason that they carry is in case they run into some BG they arrested in the past. Well again, like I said, if you dont like what comes with the job quit, and stop whining. I just hate being discriminated against, and think that EVERYONE should be able to defend themselves and not just self-defense trained LEO.

We used the system with job related issues, just like you have, or likely would. What would you say if tomorow the law changed and it allowed for your employer to work you an extra 20 hours, with no extra pay? Or, what if they said that your employer had to pay you, but it was straight pay, no over-time? Using your logic, people shouldn't complain about anything, they should just quit, move, etc.. So I don't want to come back here reading a message from you where you are complaining about taxes...you should just stop working and paying taxes, or move to an area of the Earth where you are happy with their tax system. Oh, don't complain about gun control either, you are free to move to Somalia where you can OC a fully automatic AK-47 in urban areas.

See how your logic works? _Any_ complaint can be met with "well, just don't do that!" "just leave that area!" "Just move away!" "Just do it anyway!" Attacking the reason why LEOs just recently got nationwide carry is laughable. Focus your energy on having more states share permit reciprocity than attacking the reason LEOs go it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

INGunGuy

I understand what you are saying, but they are never really "off duty".

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Well a 200 pound LEO would have a MUCH better chance at defending themselves since they are trained in self defense than the 90 pound woman.

not necessarily....

For anyone who believes he can handle an assailant armed with a knife, please carefully consider the following photos. The photos are reportedly of a police officer trained in hand-to-hand combat. The officer believed that due to his size and fighting skill, he could disarm a knife-wielding aggressor.

Facing An Armed Assailant: A copyrighted martial art training article by Bob Orlando (graphic)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    :+1: A knife is FAR more dangerous than a gun. In a knife fight, you are going to get cut. You cannot avoid it.
    Much rather get shot at than involved in a knife fight. It's not like the movies, you let them get close enough...you WILL get cut. Knife wielding bad guy+distance closer than 21 feet= instant lead poisoning. Our vests are bullet resistant but are not stab resistant. I will probably absorb a torso hit with a pistol round but a knife will stab right through it.

Top Bottom