• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anytime. I lived in Chicago 3 years for school.:)

Lots of changes in the city. E.g., I lived near Greektown which was warehouses and SROs. Now it's full of yuppies, coffee houses, lofts and granite counters.:D

However, I still get back from time to time.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can't imagine being able to carry anywhere anytime without constantly worrying if I'm violating some obscure state or local law. Spasmo says I need to join up. :D

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Just Curious

Denny,

Sounds like you had a great time in Chi Town, been a while since we were there.

Just out of curiosity, please excuse my ignorance, but what does the FAR in the following quote mean? Or, am i reading too much into it?

"In all seriousness, it is a very strange feeling knowing that I'm in the FAR minority of people with guns while I'm there. In Indiana...lots of people around me are carrying. In NYC or Chicago I have to make sure that I carry and do not print lest I have to deal with a jumpy public. They are much more jumpy about these things than even our "soccer moms" here in Indiana. I don't need the hastle."

Again, thanks again and have a great day,

Steve

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey guys, check out my companion thread.

My non LEO weekend carrying while in Chicago. :+1:

1_15_09-man-in-jail-cell.jpg

:):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Denny,

Sounds like you had a great time in Chi Town, been a while since we were there.

Just out of curiosity, please excuse my ignorance, but what does the FAR in the following quote mean? Or, am i reading too much into it?

"In all seriousness, it is a very strange feeling knowing that I'm in the FAR minority of people with guns while I'm there. In Indiana...lots of people around me are carrying. In NYC or Chicago I have to make sure that I carry and do not print lest I have to deal with a jumpy public. They are much more jumpy about these things than even our "soccer moms" here in Indiana. I don't need the hastle."

Again, thanks again and have a great day,

Steve
    Your reading too much into it...the problem with these types of communications IMO. I guess I could have found a better phrase. What I meant by saying that was that I was not in a minority of people that carry in Chicago but and EXTREME minority=exceedingly few. IF I had just said minority, that could mean anything up to 50%. I wanted to emphasize how small the group was, that's all.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I prefer Giordanos over on Rush street.
    That place and the museums are just about the only redeeming things in Chi town. Oh, and the Chicago dogs... mmmmmm.

The calamari at Giordanos is great too!

Giordano's, Chicagos World Famous Stuffed Pizza

You can get them mail order shipped on dry ice.
    Can't get the ones with meat shipped though, store only.

OMG! My wife and I ALWAYS hit up Giordano's when we go to Chi-town. Best pizza I've had.

Anyways, to the OP... you suck. lol. When I was a reserve, I could use my ID for that, but no longer. :( Sad day.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Is it me, or do I feel as though I am being discriminated against just because I choose to carry a handgun with me. I do NOT understand why a LEO has more rights than a civilian. Sounds like discrimination to me, either give us ALL the ability to carry, OR NO ONE the ability to carry, LEO included. Now, this would not apply if a LEO were on official business or on duty at the time. But all Off-Limits places schools, day car centers, Illinois, wherever it is not legal for a civilian to carry, then LEO should be under the same restrictions unless on duty.

INGunGuy

Top Bottom