My Veterinerian now Carries; Thanked Me...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I used to make jokes with Lovemywoods about him taking his old dog outside and putting it down. It was blind and deaf. After I got a dog for my family, I realized how much we love her and those "jokes" came back to my consciousness. If I were in his shoes, I would have been really upset. I'm glad he was able to overlook my ignorance and insensitivity, but I certainly learned my lesson: KEEP YOUR BIG YAP SHUT, because everything isn't funny to everyone!

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Bah. It was hilarious. I've had to euthanized 4 animals in the last few years (on of them my dearest companion for 13 years) and it's ridiculous what they charge for the service.

?......TUFF broad, huh?.......yeah......then you'll do the same with you 2 leg'd kids too, then huh?........:whistle:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    That same veterinarian who has cared so well for five of our beloved dogs has also euthanized two of them. Not funny.

If I loved my pet? Betraying a trusting friend? Geez, I thought I was the one with the mommy parts around here. It's a animal. I'm pretty sure he doesn't say to himself, "Oh, thank goodness, 88GT is taking me out to the back 40 to put a bullet in my brain. I just couldn't bear to live with the knowledge that she paid someone else to do it with a needle. A needle." Newsflash: there's no insulation from the grief no matter which way the deed gets done.

I'm no stranger to taking care of business, but unless and until the discharge of firearms within Marion County becomes legal, I'm stuck with the needle, since the other methods would most likely get me arrested for cruelty to animals.

They ain't as stoopid as ya think......mine's da*n near human......

hang'n.....or drawn an' 1/4'd on'a other ........at's jus' my 'pinion.......:whistle:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Was it dark humor? Yes.
    Was it crass and obtuse? Yes.
    Was it fairly insensitive? Yes.
    Did I *snerk* anyhow? Yes.

Like most here, I've had to put down my boy (13 years ago last week). I miss him all the time and he still finds his way into many of my dreams all this time later. He was such a good and faithful boy.
    I still snerked at the irreverent comment. That doesn't make me un-miss him or un-love him or un-want-him-back one bit, and doesn't make me some kind of heartless "broad" either.

Newsflash: there's no insulation from the grief no matter which way the deed gets done.
    There's the whole of it, right there^. Some of us don't live in a place where you have any choice about how things get done.
    For my boy, it had to be the needle. So I sat on the tile floor in the vet's exam room with my Buddy in my lap...his poor body full of tumors and every painful bad thing you can imagine from them. He exhaled his last breath and slipped away in my arms while I sobbed like a baby and watched those milky brown eyes close forever.

everything isn't funny to everyone!
    True enough.

All of that to say, yeah...I *snerked* anyhow.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    That same veterinarian who has cared so well for five of our beloved dogs has also euthanized two of them. Not funny.

Was it dark humor? Yes.
    Was it crass and obtuse? Yes.
    Was it fairly insensitive? Yes.
    Did I *snerk* anyhow? Yes.

Like most here, I've had to put down my boy (13 years ago last week). I miss him all the time and he still finds his way into many of my dreams all this time later. He was such a good and faithful boy.
    I still snerked at the irreverent comment. That doesn't make me un-miss him or un-love him or un-want-him-back one bit, and doesn't make me some kind of heartless "broad" either.

There's the whole of it, right there^. Some of us don't live in a place where you have any choice about how things get done.
    For my boy, it had to be the needle. So I sat on the tile floor in the vet's exam room with my Buddy in my lap...his poor body full of tumors and every painful bad thing you can imagine from them. He exhaled his last breath and slipped away in my arms while I sobbed like a baby and watched those milky brown eyes close forever.

True enough.

All of that to say, yeah...I *snerked* anyhow.

my voice the last thing they hear'd.....:(.....I made gawd**m'd sure of it......:(....could'a pour'd me 'cross the floor.....:(

They're all......HERE......they ain't in'a ground, an' when my time comes, IF I survive'em......I fully intend ta be mix'd in with'em.....:yesway:

I'm REAL close ta each/ever 1 o' mine........I'd do prison time over'em.......:whistle:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It's just the Internet, right? After all, we don't want to step on the right of anyone to be dark, insentitive, and obtuse, I'm the name of getting a snerk. No PC here, so carry on.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    brf.jpg

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Back on topic, I CC at my business and all of my employees know it. Several weeks ago, one of my employees started asking the right, serious types of questions and I did everything I could to encourage him to do things the right way; educate yourself, learn and accept the responsibilities associated with firearms and carrying them, train and educate yourself.
    He now carries at work and has the ability to better defend his family.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Political correctness is killing this country. I laughed. I have 3 dogs. One of which may need to be put down soon. I honestly am considering doing it myself. She was my first dog, and I honestly can't see myself walking in someplace with her, and not walking out. Unless that place is in the woods in her final resting place.

Sometimes, people who see the gnarliest **** crack a joke. humor is one of life's responses to shock and grief, don't simply push it aside. Everyone copes with loss differently.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    As the OP my post had not one ****ing thing to do with euthanasia. It was about adding someone I've known, someone I'm close to because I trust him with our precious pets, someone who both knows with the utmost compassion how to preserve and end life, to the responsible gun owner community. Anything off-topic is just that: off-topic. Take it to the break room or stuff it.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Congratulations on getting a convert...or an awakening I guess. Too many folks just don't even know what our history is all about so the constitution and BOR is as unimportant to them as it is to the current shredder in chief.

As to the rest...say it with flowers? He put together vet and firearms, nothing personal I'm sure.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My avatar was here way before I OC'd into our pet doctor's office. If you're going to judge everyone on here by their avatar you've got a LOT of work to do.

Top Bottom