My Veterinerian now Carries; Thanked Me...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good evening INGO!

Just a a friendly reminder: you are currently located in the "Carry Issues and Self Defense" forum...

...the "Break Room" forum is located here: Break Room

Stay classy INGO?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have been OCing into our vet's office for about a year (we have 3 dogs and visit quite a bit). Every time I go in there our vet always strikes up a conversation about guns. Last time I was in there he thanked me and told me he bought a Ruger LCR-X and he and his daughter took the NRA Basic Pistol Course together. After telling me he went to Don's range to practice I told him of some other ranges he might like better. He visited Don's around midday when it was not busy but I cautioned him about the place.

If we all want to really make a difference, this is how it's done. One person at a time. Oh, and I don't think this would have happened if I was CCing... :D

Well done, sir.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Good work on the convert, OP.

I had to shoot one of my cats when it broke it's neck. I thought it'd be more humane than making it suffer while I drive it to the vet, wait in a waiting room, etc... A bullet is a humane choice if done correctly.

I really don't know why people "euthanize" their pets at the vet (other than legal requirements). Seems more cruel to me. I'll continue to euthanize my pets myself if/when the time comes. If I need to get around legislation, we'll take a walk in the woods.

Bah. It was hilarious. I've had to euthanized 4 animals in the last few years (on of them my dearest companion for 13 years) and it's ridiculous what they charge for the service.

Last edited:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    This should make euthanasia cheaper when the need arises.

That same veterinarian who has cared so well for five of our beloved dogs has also euthanized two of them. Not funny.
    I once had to use my EDC to put down one of our baby donkeys that was suffering from fatal birth defects. It's not funny but it does happen. With all due respect, I imagine that post was made in jest and not meant to be thoughtless, it just happened that way. In addition to this, that poster had no idea two of your dogs had been put down by said vet.

Top Bottom